[Official cycling thread]

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just to ask... my fork still got half the stanchion for travel.. is it necessary to use up all? cos i scared kena big bumps then bottom out.. advice?

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just to ask... my fork still got half the stanchion for travel.. is it necessary to use up all? cos i scared kena big bumps then bottom out.. advice?

Not necessary for on road as you'll probably use up more travel off road. :D

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for me, pavement and offroad use up the same travel.

Softcore

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a bike. Purpose: Not for mountain-biking like those Bukit Timah Hill, etc. But more for cruising (is that the correct word to use? lol.). Not too expensive. Maybe a racing bike? What are the prices for the lower-end models? I'm just a luxury cycler who's going to use cycling as a form of cardio in my training.

adslboi

Reaction score
hi guy, pretty new in the cycling hobby. After research i had decided to get a GT avalanche. 1.0 2008 but am havin a hard time locating stores tat have stocks?

anyone here got shop to recommend and wat is the price i am expecting?

one thing i am curious, will a shop swap to cheaper bike components and sell the GT at a lower price ?:s22:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi guy, pretty new in the cycling hobby. After research i had decided to get a GT avalanche. 1.0 2008 but am havin a hard time locating stores tat have stocks?

one thing i am curious, will a shop swap to cheaper bike components and sell the GT at a lower price ?:s22:

I doubt they'll swap to lower end components and charge you a much lower price though.. Tay Cycle/Junction brings in GT, maybe you can give them a call. :)

adslboi

Reaction score
seem like u r an expert in this field... regardin Gt avalanche 1.0

i notice from different website, they have different fork. Some state is Rockshox Dart 3 while others state is SR suntour x100.

Wat is the different ? i was told tat to avoid suntour at all cost !!!

pls enlighten :s11:

K20A

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

GT? forget it lah. Waited from feb til end Apr 08 for Gt avalanche 2.0. Was informed by chapter 2 the stock MIGHT arrive only in end may :s8:

Got a giant yukon and never look back since :D

K20A

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, well said.

Lucky for you, we are coming to the end of may :s12:

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
give lnt at tampines a call, i think i saw some GT's there also. Joo chait, got 1 shop selling gt bikes , but prices i not so sure.

well for the internet specs, some times what specs that singapore GT has is slightly different. for instance the 06 version, the gave DEORE instead of the LX stated at GT website. best is to ask LBS. hope this helps. Crashed my bike a few times, still not a dENt. :D

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
seem like u r an expert in this field... regardin Gt avalanche 1.0

i notice from different website, they have different fork. Some state is Rockshox Dart 3 while others state is SR suntour x100.

Wat is the different ? i was told tat to avoid suntour at all cost !!!

pls enlighten :s11:

LOL am still learning.. :o Diff websites probably have diff specs as the manufacturer specs have diff parts installed on their bikes for diff parts of the world. :)

You'd probably be safe with a Dart 3, both are basic forks, but I'd prefer a Rock Shox over a Suntour anytime. :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.