[Official cycling thread]

xiao_cai7

Reaction score
riding with a helmet is more dangerous.

read somewhere tat when u wear helmet, motorists feel u are more exp in cycling so they drive closer to u
however if u dun wear they would feel u are reckless and tend to keep their distance so its safer.

What an oxy-moron theory.

When you drive car with a P-Plate, people instead give way to you, bully you.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hey guys..

XT Hubs
DT Comp Spokes
Sun-Ringle Rhyno Lite Rims

hows is this combi? can get under $300? or got better reco? :o
if can lower wud be better.. :o

Last edited:

vernon_wmk

Reaction score
good actually for grabbing bargains. But of course, many of these who do not post the price may only be testing water.

Many reasons for selling: bike not suitable, size not suitable, dun like the feel, spent too much and now need to divert the $$$ elsewhere, other $$$ commitments, changing to something else,
etc.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
good actually for grabbing bargains. But of course, many of these who do not post the price may only be testing water.

Many reasons for selling: bike not suitable, size not suitable, dun like the feel, spent too much and now need to divert the $$$ elsewhere, other $$$ commitments, changing to something else,
etc.
all the $ reason imos are invalid.. if they willing to spend tat much on the bike in the 1st place means they already have a fair understanding of the upkeeping cost.. :s22:

Last edited:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

etc.

or another bad case of upgradetitis

xiao_cai7

Reaction score
guy can i consult here regardin... which is a better buy

GT Avalanche 1.0 2008 Disc VS KONA Cinder Cone 2008 ?

:(

Pls advise...

Alot of people say you must like the frame first. I guess these 2 models are within your budget. If possible borrow from a friend or go LBS to demo the bike before deciding.

:)

rockdhop

Master Member
Reaction score
Alot of people say you must like the frame first. I guess these 2 models are within your budget. If possible borrow from a friend or go LBS to demo the bike before deciding.

:)

btw arh,anyone here ever DEMO before from your lbs?i went to one to see specialized.then he dun let me try.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hey,the bike should be a nice beauty.just that they never state price,i ish scared that they quote me 8k for it.
i reckon to be 2k and above.. all 08 parts.. and the FSR susp system doesnt comes cheap.. :o

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
guy can i consult here regardin... which is a better buy

GT Avalanche 1.0 2008 Disc VS KONA Cinder Cone 2008 ?

:(

Pls advise...
wat is ur budget? for me.. i will go with underdog brand.. kona.. cos there are too many GTs running ard.. :o

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
sorry.. i got a very gian png request :o

anyone can spare me some stanchion lube and chain lube? my fork feels kinda retarded lately and my chain feels kinda dry.. just need a few drops to ease 'their' tension :o

:s22:

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw any good bikeshop in the west other than rodalink? Clementi ave 2 one uncle damn rude.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.