Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

kennylkl

Reaction score
you join, should be able to stay @ KR next sem

hi.. wau like that one ah... ICIC... wau then i must think properly liao sia LOL.. as usual.. i onli scared noisy and get distracted onli. that time i went c c ... durings so nv its still ok... but the room quite nice sia.. whahahaha.. maybe go apply residence.. c how.. btw is it every semester also must BID for hostel rooms ah? this one i really dunno.. can anyone enlighten me on this?

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
every AY, you need to apply loh, but they based it on the amount of CCA pts you have or whether you are on the mc of those big societies

kennylkl

Reaction score
ahh wait wait ... errr AY is one academic year rite? so if i manged to get into one of the halls this coming sem... AUTO next sem will get? or is it after first sem.. the following sem need to bid liao? puzzled.... then ah.. i wondering if u play guitar in ur room.. will ur neighbours WHALLOP u or not LOL.

kennylkl

Reaction score
every AY, you need to apply loh, but they based it on the amount of CCA pts you have or whether you are on the mc of those big societies

eh how come u so famous? got pp say in other threads that u'll wecome freshies with both hands LOL!!!!!!!!! that time when pp say geforce3 i didnt know they're toking about u... i tot how come got graphic card model sia.

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
ahh wait wait ... errr AY is one academic year rite? so if i manged to get into one of the halls this coming sem... AUTO next sem will get? or is it after first sem.. the following sem need to bid liao? puzzled.... then ah.. i wondering if u play guitar in ur room.. will ur neighbours WHALLOP u or not LOL.

Yes. You will get the same room in 2nd sem unless you decide to quit. For the second yr, you would have to re-apply and that would be based on your CCA pts accumulated.

I think your guitar question is quite hilarious. Getting whallop by neighbors for playing the guitar? I have neighbors who not only plays the guitar but also gather together in one of their rooms to practice singing. :D

I think it's all abt tolerance and knowing when to make noise and when not to make noise.

kennylkl

Reaction score
Yes. You will get the same room in 2nd sem unless you decide to quit. For the second yr, you would have to re-apply and that would be based on your CCA pts accumulated.

I think your guitar question is quite hilarious. Getting whallop by neighbors for playing the guitar? I have neighbors who not only plays the guitar but also gather together in one of their rooms to practice singing. :D

I think it's all abt tolerance and knowing when to make noise and when not to make noise.

hi, oo tks for the reply. LOL!!!!! icic.. i tot it probably might distrub the neighbours... coz i myself actually gets distracted by noise easily too... in my house when they on the tv too long when i'm studying.. i really dunno how to concentrate sia...haiz.. problem.. maybe i'll go apply for residence instead.. heard higher chance to be NOT SO NOISY... dunno leh.. problematic... lol

frinters

Reaction score
Another question: How does changing Halls work? Or are you stuck with one Hall once you choose it in your freshman year?

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no lar cna switch, but you lose half of your cca points iirc?

kennylkl

Reaction score
residence mooooooooooore quiet hor? anyone go c c before? oh ya one thing very impt! nus internet connection is it VERY VERY TEROK? i heard someone saying it terrible... and she cant take it lolx.

kennylkl

Reaction score
ahhh cant decide sia.. btw if stay in hall... need to participate in their activities rite to get points... if stay in residence.. ur source of points will be OUTSIDE ccas is it? then is it like more difficult to get points to secure ur next stay? n hall more interesting?

Sheesh

Reaction score
I'm contemplating which halls to stay, which halls are better? I need one that that have double rooms and perhaps near fass? Any recommendations?

Oh and if i want to stay with my friend, can't i make special request?

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating which halls to stay, which halls are better? I need one that that have double rooms and perhaps near fass? Any recommendations?

Oh and if i want to stay with my friend, can't i make special request?

near fass would be eusoff, temasek, raffles, imho stay residence the best lar haha

Lecundra

Reaction score
Eusoff Hall best, but careful when you piak piak or else will end up like "Oh Jason" :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.