[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

yond2050

Reaction score
haha dun like to owe ppl money, in bout 3 wks time i will get my hands on the long awaited imac!!YEAH!!!

yond2050

Reaction score
1 more thng i juz bought a canon pixma mp145, the box written the cd-driver only uptill mac os x 10.4, does tt means imac 10.5 os cannot be install?

b0h3mian_summer

Reaction score
Hello gurus,

this might be a bit off, but I would like to know this:

How to retain the chinese naming files i have on Mac OS X when i transfer them to Windows XP?

I have some mp3 files which looks great on Mac OS X, but when transfered to WinXP, they appear to have squares in place of the chinese characters.

Any ideas?

PS: Work issued win laptop, don't have much a choice here...

Last edited:

b0h3mian_summer

Reaction score
1 more thng i juz bought a canon pixma mp145, the box written the cd-driver only uptill mac os x 10.4, does tt means imac 10.5 os cannot be install?

Nope, I'm using leopard 10.5 and just printed somethings off the Mp145. It works. I recalled I downloaded the drivers from canon's website. Did not use the CD-ROM at all. :)

Hope this helps!

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would wanna ask if pirated version of XP can use in parallels a nt?

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
it is the same as asking if u can install pirated version of xp can be used in ur pc or nt?:s22:

okie...gott it...keke..scare parallels or mac will reject my priated xp disc mah...thanks so technology not that advanced to differentiate a priated from a orginals afterall.. :look:

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okie...gott it...keke..scare parallels or mac will reject my priated xp disc mah...thanks so technology not that advanced to differentiate a priated from a orginals afterall.. :look:

cannot comment much on pirated xp..u know the rules:o:o

yond2050

Reaction score
Nope, I'm using leopard 10.5 and just printed somethings off the Mp145. It works. I recalled I downloaded the drivers from canon's website. Did not use the CD-ROM at all. :)

Hope this helps!

thankz a lot, now i m sure my canon is able to work on my mac(coming soon). :)
lucki nv buy wrong!haha!

fun123

Reaction score
asking behalf of a friend, iMac 20inch, is there a way to enlarge safari browser to fit full screen?

thanks.

RupertGee

Master Member
Reaction score
asking behalf of a friend, iMac 20inch, is there a way to enlarge safari browser to fit full screen?

thanks.

Tell your "friend" to drag and drop the following line of text to her Bookmark Bar.

javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

Name it Max (or whatever.)

---

In case you don't know how to drag & drop text in OS X.... move your mouse pointer to the line of text and triple-click to highlight the entire line... then, resting the mouse cursor on the highlighted text, press and hold the left mouse button for one second, and then start dragging....

Last edited:

centimeter

Reaction score
I bought a 2nd hand santa rosa macbook black (late 2007). The guy say he misplace the restore/install DVD and he burn a leopard install disc for me. Right now I try to reinstall leopard but it promot "Mac OS x cannot be installed on this computer" after I choose my language. I already try to erase the harddisk and name it Macintosh HD under Guid. What is the problem? I scare if I buy original leopard also got this problem. Is it possible to ask apple for another restore/install disc for my macbook black?

RupertGee

Master Member
Reaction score
If i can bug i wun ask here le.:( You know wat's wrong with it?

Just now i forgot to log out my bro account*

Truth be told I don't want to tel you coz you got a pirated copy of Leopard and we don't like pple like that in Apple Clinic.

pearlypearl

Reaction score
do we need to do disk defrag or disk cleanup like Windows, for Mac OS?? If yes, what kind of programmes and where to find?

TQ!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.