[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanna ask how to reformat a imac? Thanks
:)
Insert the system restore discs, reboot. When you're booting up, press and hold C to boot from the optical drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions - there will come an option to Erase and Install, Archive and Install, or Upgrade. Choose Erase.

/Dan

Reaction score
is macbook pro wireless stable?

why do i keep on having to reconnect 5+ times per day wireless@SG when the port is just 2 metres away.

and also, i using linksys router at home. sometimes connection is stucked i have off&on both my router and motorola cable.

anyway to rectify it?

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Insert the system restore discs, reboot. When you're booting up, press and hold C to boot from the optical drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions - there will come an option to Erase and Install, Archive and Install, or Upgrade. Choose Erase.

/Dan

Thanks dan.

As I will be taking over a older imac, i was told that i no need to reformat as my name can be set as the main adminstrator then i can hv all the rights and delete rest of the past accounts.

If I do that, all data in the past accounts will be deleted as well? Or it is better to reformat?

As it is rather a old imac, where can i check how much RAM can it support? because i feel like buying more RAM to upgrade this old imac.

Anyway i'm a new mac users by the standards of question i ask... :)

austinmation

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a macbook duo core first gen. I wished to change the hdd, but I am not sure if anything above 120gb (maybe 7200 rpm) is supported by the macbook's spec. please kindly advise. Thanks!

austinmation

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a macbook duo core first gen. I wished to change the hdd, but I am not sure if anything above 120gb (maybe 7200 rpm) is supported by the macbook's spec. please kindly advise. Thanks!

Nevermind, I think that is a lesser issue.. More bigger problem is no matter how many times i tried, i cannot get to back up my existing drive using super duper.. It works through halfway and prompt different error.. I is deads..

state22

Reaction score
i dunnno where to ask this, dowan to open new thread so here goes...

does the imac wired keyboad turn yellow after some time of using ?

if so do you guys get some cleaning agent or a keyboard protector.. if key board protecter does change the feel og the keyboard significantly ? thx

can the bros recommend one if necessary ?

oyebto

Master Member
Reaction score
have been using mine for a few months, it doesnt turn yellow, just greyish which i use a bit of alcohol to wipe. as for the protector, yes it changes the feel of ur keyboard to a great extent.

state22

Reaction score
have been using mine for a few months, it doesnt turn yellow, just greyish which i use a bit of alcohol to wipe. as for the protector, yes it changes the feel of ur keyboard to a great extent.

Thx oyebto !
Guess i will just invest in a bottel of Martell to clean my keyboard :s13:

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score
u mean the imac wired white keyboard? my previous one used for abt 2 years, with protector on, never turned yellow.
don't use Martell lah, will turn brown. use vodka instead

oyebto

Master Member
Reaction score
or just head to watsons, buy rubbing alcohol? its around 10 bucks.. cheaper den ur vodka..

Reaction score
is macbook pro wireless stable?

why do i keep on having to reconnect 5+ times per day wireless@SG when the port is just 2 metres away.

and also, i using linksys router at home. sometimes connection is stucked i have off&on both my router and motorola cable.

anyway to rectify it?
help pls :look:

LogKill

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know this is kinda stupid, but have anyone tried to overclock their MacBook? Interested to try to overclock my MacBook

state22

Reaction score
u mean the imac wired white keyboard? my previous one used for abt 2 years, with protector on, never turned yellow.
don't use Martell lah, will turn brown. use vodka instead

haha oh yeah hor, vodka is good

or just head to watsons, buy rubbing alcohol? its around 10 bucks.. cheaper den ur vodka..

rubbing alcohol, bro oyebto, wats that ? sorry me mountain tortoise la

jingwei

Reaction score
1) How do I access and copy files to my Sony PSP?
2) Recommended anti virus for Mac even though it is already very secure
3) How do I access FAT32 or NTFS formatted portable hard disk?
4) What firewall recommended for Mac? Does it come with built in firewall software?
5) How do I install programs for Mac?
6) How do I sync Windows Pocket PC phone on Mac? How do I sync Microsoft Outlook contacts on Mac?
7) What video files are supported by iMovie?
8) What anti spyware or adware software is recommended?
9) Can Safari on iMac access Java or Flash website? What flash software it use? Can we access interbanking website using Safari or other Mac compatible software?
10) Any website to download freeware or software for Mac?
11) Where do I download drivers for my existing hardware?
12) Can iMac sync with PS3 built in media server streaming software?

Last edited:

RupertGee

Master Member
Reaction score
1) How do I access and copy files to my Sony PSP?
2) Recommended anti virus for Mac even though it is already very secure
3) How do I access FAT32 or NTFS formatted portable hard disk?
4) What firewall recommended for Mac? Does it come with built in firewall software?
5) How do I install programs for Mac?
6) How do I sync Windows Pocket PC phone on Mac? How do I sync Microsoft Outlook contacts on Mac?
7) What video files are supported by iMovie?
8) What anti spyware or adware software is recommended?
9) Can Safari on iMac access Java or Flash website? What flash software it use? Can we access interbanking website using Safari or other Mac compatible software?
10) Any website to download freeware or software for Mac?
11) Where do I download drivers for my existing hardware?
12) Can iMac sync with PS3 built in media server streaming software?

Stick to Windows.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.