Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksathesh

Reaction score
Trend Air cond

What ahppened finally? Did you return the air cond or did you set it to 16 degrees and used it? I saw they are having a promo today. So, I was thinking of getting it. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I bought a Trends portable air conditioner from Carrefour last Saturday and it just arrived today. The guy who installed told me to set the unit at 16 degrees celcius but I set it to 21 degrees instead. Don't want it too cold. But it's been 2 hrs and the tempreture on the unit still indicates that it is still 26 degrees celcius. How long does it take to cool down a small room? I live in a 4 bedroom (the middle sized room). I don't think it is that big. The unit is pretty loud but this is my first air con, so I don't know how loud it is suppose to be.

It says it's suppose to be a low sound emission.

Should I return this unit? I was told I have 2 weeks to return without penalty. Hmmm... It doesn't seem to get cooler.

I woke up this morning. The unit has been running the entire night and it's still at only 24 degrees. I don't know if this is because it's a portable instead of a wall mount. Please advise me.

kellempxt

Reaction score
the url below is the quotation the guy at gain city woodlands quoted me for the installation and all that

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3145976/Gain-City-Quote-from-woodlands

the large figures at the right is the total BTU for the compressor.

all are system 3 aircons using inverter technology.

mitsubishi starmex

fujitsu top is made in china

fujitsu btm is made in japan but old model

all models are 4 ticks.

each of the aircon itself is rated as 9000btu, so they will share the outside compressor BTU when one is turned on or all 3 is turned on.

anyone can comment pls?

heluim

Reaction score
the url below is the quotation the guy at gain city woodlands quoted me for the installation and all that

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3145976/Gain-City-Quote-from-woodlands

the large figures at the right is the total BTU for the compressor.

all are system 3 aircons using inverter technology.

mitsubishi starmex

fujitsu top is made in china

fujitsu btm is made in japan but old model

all models are 4 ticks.

each of the aircon itself is rated as 9000btu, so they will share the outside compressor BTU when one is turned on or all 3 is turned on.

anyone can comment pls?

i tink gaincity now haf 50 vourcher if u spend anything above 1k using DBS Credit card.. but i am wondering does it apply for the interest free installment plan..

http://www.gaincity.com/consumer/promotions.asp?promotionID=103

at the moment i am considerating between Panasonic Sys 2 and Toshiba Sys 2.. 1399 and 1369.. don noe which is a better buy.. panasonic haf 2 tick and toshiba 1 tick.. haha..

Last edited:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what's the max btu I can install for a E flat? I can see some houses having 2 compressors outside.

I need 9000 btu X 4 rooms and 18,000 btu for living/dinning.

dwan

Reaction score

sid4iwpa

Reaction score
this is what i hv concluded:
if wanna on only one bed room, get a non inverter multi-split aircon.
buy inverter if u always on the air-con for the living room and all the bed rooms "most" of the time.

i chk http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp and note that there is actually such thing call a single split "inverter" air con.

thot all single split is non inverter to save energy? why single split also hv "inverter" type and 4 ticks some more? can someone explain? should i jus get a single split inverter or non inverter air con? my profile is i only on one bedroom every day, and on weekends, then on all. pls advise.

gain city got promote on sanyo brand now, but the compressor is soooo.... huge. was told there are 2 engines, cool down faster? anybody got anything to comment?

what's the best single split to buy now? what brand? where to buy and how much? inverter or non inverter based on my usage profile?

pls advise, i dun know much about air con. jus that recently the weather is getting so hot that i think i cannot tahan and must install air con now...

Be@rbrick

Reaction score
Hi guys...Need some help...I'm planning to get a single unit jus for my bedroom...Should i go for inverter or non-inverter instead...Thanks

danb123

Reaction score
Just got my aircon serviced today... here's what my guy say about inverter units...

inverter saves $$ on electric, but in order to be 100% efficient, you need to get it serviced frequently, else it will still run at 100% load, and not at partial load.

Just take note if you want to install one.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys.. I am getting system 2 for my 3 room flat to cool the master & common room.
2 X 9000BTU should be enough right? or 12000BTU for master & 9000BTU for common room?

Also according to http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp under Air-Conditioners (inverter),
anybody can advise the meaning of 'Full Load' & 'Part Load' under 'Estimated Energy Cost'?
Thanks.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just got my aircon serviced today... here's what my guy say about inverter units...

inverter saves $$ on electric, but in order to be 100% efficient, you need to get it serviced frequently, else it will still run at 100% load, and not at partial load.

Just take note if you want to install one.
inverter units only works best if you are a heavy user else it makes not much diff if you use the unit like once a week or so

ERT

Reaction score
Anyone wanna comment on their air-con installation by All Best? Preferably those who have their air-con installed more than 2 years ago.

rollertoaster

Banned
Reaction score
anybody used this installer - Media air condition and trading services of Tampines before?

Are they any good? They also dealers for mitsubishi.

Any other recommendations for installers?

Do one usually source for one's installers or use those 3rd parties contractors of the aircon shops or dealers? Have heard many horror stories of screwed-up installations.

hunny_bunny

Reaction score
i think inverter is not worth it.. the hassle of maintenance and all..esp for me since im trying to cut down on my usage to save on electricity..

i saw from another thread that audio house is having a promo on samsung aircon..

also, anyone knows roughly how much is a portable air con, those that you can wheel ard the house..

BenCoolServices

Reaction score
the guardian of air-con

i think inverter is not worth it.. the hassle of maintenance and all..esp for me since im trying to cut down on my usage to save on electricity..

i saw from another thread that audio house is having a promo on samsung aircon..

also, anyone knows roughly how much is a portable air con, those that you can wheel ard the house..

i ever since ntuc extra, carefour got sell the air con u want. 12000btu around $645.

Jeff1817

Reaction score
Hitachi Aircon

Hi Guys

Anyone used Hitachi Nano-Titanium Inverter aircon before ? System 3 good or not ? its has 4 ticks for energy saving. Hitachi aircon OK or not ? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.