Malaysia prepaid card

simsebas

Reaction score
hi, i'm going up to kl for trip. if anyone would know. which prepaid card is best. i need free incoming calls. anyone can help? i tried surfing their celcom, maxis website. all no enough details lei....

Reaction score
ya..no mater which service, prepaid or postpaid..all free..

think celcom got the strongest network....but charges i not sure...if u wan go ulu-ulu area, take celcom lar.

canornot

Reaction score
maxis is the most "keng" one with the coverage.. but relatively more expensive with the rate... digi is the cheapest but then their coverage and quality is not as good...

anyway there are not much difference abt the coverages now... just pick the first one u see from the shop..hehe :p

suangern

Reaction score
starter kit costs RM 8.50 for digi, RM 8.80 for hotlink (maxis's prepaid) and RM 20 for celcom (is it still RM20?).

suangern

Reaction score
Yup, RM5, valid for 1 month is it? After the valid period, u still can receive sms or calls, but can't sms out or call out. Until 90 days later, when no reload is done, the number will be terminated. Reload RM5 for 5 days, RM10 for 10 days, RM30 for 30 days. can buy reload card and DIY, or ask hp shop personnel to help u reload. Reload card minimun value is RM10, if reload from hp shop(not buy reload card), minimum is RM2 (but some charged RM2.20 and some reload minimum RM5). Local SMS is 7sen to same coy, 15sen to diff coy. Hotlink have activ10 promotion, 10 hotlink frens for 1sen/sms and 10sen/minute call, digi have promotion 11sen/minute call for 11 digi frens. i forgot abt their sms rate. U can always check their website for details.

www.digi.com.my
www.hotlink.com.my
www.celcom.com.my

Pls correct me if i am wrong somewhere.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i vote for digi too
cheap and value
go for maxis is u dont mind the cost

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
last saturday nearly bought a digi prepaid, price is RM$8.50 starter + RM$13 activation. :(

i12bsuperman

Reaction score
confirm he saw that you're not local, want to "swallow" u :D go to the official DIGI centres. there isnt any activiation fees. It's prepaid. next time just walk straight to them and say u want a new digi prepaid sim card. if they say got what what extra charges, just walk away :)

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have both digi and maxis (hotlink)

If you stay in town area....digi is more than sufficient.

If you drive around or venture a bit to more ulu areas...stick to maxis.

ANyway, mosmos....prepaid card is $8.50 starter..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.