Manhattan Credit Card Users?

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Verbatin

The website says month but it does not say statement month or calender month. SCB is trying to be ambigious.

I confirm that the rebate is based on spending on statement month.

thanx.... :D~

p0_0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB One 's offer seems more palatable:
Over S$300 in cash rebates every year
Spend over S$800 each month* and you will receive S$80 cash rebate that quarter to offset your bill. Spend over S$300 each month* and you will receive S$30 cash rebate that quarter. What's more, no points or redemptions are necessary.
* Minimum three transactions per statement period in three consecutive month

i'm glad i hav both cards....manhattan card for my skool fees (easily charged more den 3k per quarter to earn 5% cash rebate) & one card for my usual expenses (pay bills, ez-link top-up, buy petrol etc) =:p~

guards80

Reaction score
anyone know hw cum i apply Manhattan Credit Card thru online then sign and mail the applicaton back to tthem and then sent courier to my hse ask me sign again? but is later tonite?

tribe

Reaction score
update on my Manhattan card rebates with SCB. After so long, finally got a satisfactory answer. Basically, the calculations they used is actually correct, the problem was that the information given initially was off... they told me the my starting quarter month wrongly, so the numbers all went awry from there on. Also remember that the rebates calculation is not base on the posting date, but your statement date. especially important if you are cutting it close to the range. remember that merchants do not need to post it immediately.

i think by now they have more or less clean up their act, As some of the others posted, the rebate has been extended till december... so if you want to get this card, can consider. hope this help any one else who might be thinking of getting this card.

forumvrz - i am an existing user of the manhattan card and i have to admit that i encounter the same issue as what you quoted - their way of calculation seems to be messed up, and i am not getting the rebates amount that i am expecting. only mitigating fact is that they been contacting me to try to explain the fixes to me (albeit i have to wait quite a long stretch - i think they probably getting a lot of such queries, and i am still waiting for them to fix it). so... YMMV...

The other thing you would want to check is, when i signed on for this card last year, i remember they have a line saying that the rebate % amount will only be till June 2008 - you may want to confirm with them in case they drop the rebate amounts.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry for late reply...

based on wad they told me:

1. the cash-back for my case is calculated frm 23 Feb - 22 Apr, 23 Apr - 22 Jul, 23 Jul - 22 Oct, 23 Oct - 31 Dec

2. i spent $2500 during statement mth of 23 Feb - 22 Mar, so i'm given $51+ for cash back (2%)

3. i spend a total of $1270 during statment mth of 23 Mar - 22 Apr, so i'm given $12+ for cash back (1%)

based on the above calculation, the cash back is correct.

so now i have to wait towards the end of july to chk whether the cash back given for period of 23 Apr - 22 Jul is correct or nt......:look:~

UOB One cc is better?

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm going in NS this friday liao, anyone still interested in this card PM me by today or tmr.. i still can get my gf to call and arrange courier for those who need it, if not need wait two weeks later then i can resume this service for u all le..
to guards80:
and it takes about 5 working days to process.

avertly

Reaction score
Is the annual fee waiver 1 year or 2 year? Why the manhatten website put 1 year and standchart website put waived for 2 year? :s11:

malestone7469

Reaction score
And taking Taxi's till 31 Dec 2008 just got better for Taxi Fares below S$5.60 at which point your savings is S$0.0088.

This is for a cab fare with Diesel Surcharge + 2.80 Flag Fare + 10% CC Admin Charge + 7% GST - HSBC refund for taking cab

The best rates would be at S$5 for me where I actually save 11.5-cents, that means I pay only S$4.885 for the cabfare when I charge S$5 to my Revolution Card. Great huh!

Calculation:
Cab Fare - ((Cab Fare x 1.177) - 1) = positive, the "-1" is refunded by HSBC for taking a cab

ironman4672

Banned
Reaction score
WowManhattan’s website is finally updated!:)

http://www.wowmanhattan.com.sg/

$50 cash credit sia.... wow... must sign up liao....:D:D:D:D last time only $20 cash credit sia....

2782639422_eefe7ee201.jpg

Last edited:

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I received a call from Stand Chart abt this card and subsequently received the application. It stated abt $100 rebate for $1000 spent? Is it true?

s_o_h

Reaction score
Hi, I received a call from Stand Chart abt this card and subsequently received the application. It stated abt $100 rebate for $1000 spent? Is it true?

apply for the card online, CSO told me only $20 leh...wtf still deciding wether to submit the form...

btw, do they charge the proccessing fee of 2.5% when u apply the fund transfer of min 3k which is equal to $75 in order to earn the $100 cash rebatE??

ironman4672

Banned
Reaction score
apply for the card online, CSO told me only $20 leh...wtf still deciding wether to submit the form...

btw, do they charge the proccessing fee of 2.5% when u apply the fund transfer of min 3k which is equal to $75 in order to earn the $100 cash rebatE??

it stated $50 what,... if not fund transfer...

ur qns are all answered by the T&S go and read up la... lazy...;);););)

meowcsj

Reaction score
Stanchart cc application is really prompt, post out the application form on Friday night, recieved the card the following Friday! Of course, Citibank is the fastest - within 24hours.

What i like about this card is the 5% rebate. Almost all point system I have compared for all other cards, is only 0.5%!

westcove

Reaction score
How long is annual card wavier? In terms of cash rebates, is this the best card?

Lurzsan_07

Reaction score
Stanchart cc application is really prompt, post out the application form on Friday night, recieved the card the following Friday! Of course, Citibank is the fastest - within 24hours.

What i like about this card is the 5% rebate. Almost all point system I have compared for all other cards, is only 0.5%!

Agreed with the promptness. I posted it out last thursday and got it yesterday!
coolness.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.