Question about Malacca

chiusa

Reaction score
I will go to Malacca in July. Got a few questions. Please help me.

1. I want to take coach from Johor to Malacca. My plan is early morning take taxi to Kranji MRT, take 970 to bus station in Johor then buy coach ticket to Malacca. I want to reach Malacca before 1 pm. What time do you think that I can start from Kranji? Are there many coaches to Malacca in the morning?

2. Can you please recommend me a budget place for 1 night in Malacca?

3. My plan is staying in Malacca for 1 night. Do you have some recommended places to go in afternoon, evening and the next morning? where to eat lunch, dinner?

Waiting for your advices.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
I will go to Malacca in July. Got a few questions. Please help me.

1. I want to take coach from Johor to Malacca. My plan is early morning take taxi to Kranji MRT, take 970 to bus station in Johor then buy coach ticket to Malacca. I want to reach Malacca before 1 pm. What time do you think that I can start from Kranji? Are there many coaches to Malacca in the morning?

2. Can you please recommend me a budget place for 1 night in Malacca?

3. My plan is staying in Malacca for 1 night. Do you have some recommended places to go in afternoon, evening and the next morning? where to eat lunch, dinner?

Waiting for your advices.

I am doubt 970 bus can reach Johor bus interchange. Johor bus interchange located at Larkin, so I think you need to take either 170 or Yellow Bus (not sure is CW1 or CW2) to reach Larkin. Before board the bus, make sure the destination signboard is Larkin and not Kota Raya.

Express bus from Larkin to Malacca normally takes about 3 hours to 4 hours (depends on bus company, some stop half-way for short resting). Try to buy non-stop express bus. To play safe, suggest you take the express bus at either 8.00am or 8.30am from Larkin interchange. These two timings are popular schedule to Malacca, you should be able to buy the ticket on spot and board the bus directly.

It's pretty hard to judge the queue and traffic condition at Sin and JB customs. 1 thing for sure is the bus (170 or Yellow Bus) from JB custom to Larkin interchange takes about 20-30 mins excludes the waiting time at JB custom. Plan your journey as early as you could.

As for budget hotel in Malacca, maybe you want to consider this:

http://www.hotelpuri.com/

Pretty good location. Food and many places of interests are available around the hotel.

Last edited:

garyng6285

Reaction score
Hey remember to eat their famous chendol, satay celup and Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball!

Enjoy the trip!

Cheers!

THE_EDMW

Banned
Reaction score
Last time i ate the cendol at the mangosteen shape stall, it sucks worse than singapore one :( Somemore it was recommended by last time CH8 show :mad:

soggy_hASHbrown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. where does the coach stop in malacca town? would it b better to buy coach ticket in singapore?

Koelsch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Hotel Puri Melaka is a boutique hotel in the heart of the old city of Malacca. It is a 30 minute drive from the North-South Highway (Malacca/Ayer Keroh exit), and 10 minute drive from the bus station (Sentral)."

woot! now just needa plan how to get the bus there.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. where does the coach stop in malacca town? would it b better to buy coach ticket in singapore?

All buses stop at Malacca Sentral (Hope my spelling is correct), Malacca Sentral bus interchange is like Larkin in JB. Along the way after exit from NS Highway till Malacca Sentral, you may ask the bus driver to stop and alight, you will see some local alight the bus along the way, if you sit on the bus and continue the journey, final destination is Malacca Sentral.

There are few places to board the express bus in Singapore to Malacca. Two popular spots are Queen Street (Bus Terminal for 170) the bus company is 707 Express and Lavender Street (In front of Singapore Casket), 2 bus companies there, Singapore-Malacca Express and Delima Express. The ticket cost around S$16/way (if I remember correctly).

707 Express is the most popular choice because of its non-stop service. Sin-Mal Express and Delima Express stop at Machap and Ayer Itam for half an hour rest.

If from JB, you pay the same amount you paid in Singapore but in RM. :D

Either from JB or Singapore to Malacca. It depends on individual. If your hse near to custom, then it's wise to just cross the causeway and board the bus at Larkin bus interchange. If you want to save the trouble, then just take the express bus in Singapore. The express bus in Singapore use 2nd Link.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
"Hotel Puri Melaka is a boutique hotel in the heart of the old city of Malacca. It is a 30 minute drive from the North-South Highway (Malacca/Ayer Keroh exit), and 10 minute drive from the bus station (Sentral)."

woot! now just needa plan how to get the bus there.

It's not advisable to take public bus from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri unless you are really familiar with the place. Taxi from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri should be in between 10-15 mins (if no traffic jam).

To those who would like to experience the local bus, you may take "Town Bus" from Malacca Sentral to reach the hotel. I am not so sure the bus number, you need to verify this with the counter of "Town Bus" company before board any bus. I am sure this will give you the experience that you will never forget. Ahahaha

soggy_hASHbrown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks valeon for so much info! u noe the taxi price from sentral to puri? i heard bout the metered taxis.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks valeon for so much info! u noe the taxi price from sentral to puri? i heard bout the metered taxis.

No worries, I share only the info I know and familiar.

I am not sure the actual taxi price from Sentral to Puri. By right, the taxi driver should turns on meter, but by left.....haiz.....

If meter, it should be in the range of RM5-RM10 per trip. If no meter, try negotiate the fare first before board the taxi.

kittychanchan

Reaction score
Bus schedule from Malacca to Singapore

Hi

I would like to go visit malacca in one day trip. do you think it is possible? Do you know the bus schedule for express bus from Malacca to Singapore?

thanks a lot!

kopfowler

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to go visit malacca in one day trip. do you think it is possible? Do you know the bus schedule for express bus from Malacca to Singapore?

thanks a lot!
1st bus from SG to Malacca about 8 am..u reach Malacca about 1 pm assuming....last bus Malacca to SG about 6 pm...u spend about 5 hours there... all depends on what you want to do...

jieyi

Reaction score
Hey remember to eat their famous chendol, satay celup and Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball!

Enjoy the trip!

Cheers!

any idea where to eat the above three mentioned food?? anyone care to gif direction? i'm planning to stay at Holiday INn...

buswhiz

Reaction score
any idea where to eat the above three mentioned food?? anyone care to gif direction? i'm planning to stay at Holiday INn...
chendol, you must try at jonker street one..
satay celup, you must try at Jalan Ong Kim wee
Chicken rice ball, you must try at the jonker street, the corner shop

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time i ate the cendol at the mangosteen shape stall, it sucks worse than singapore one :( Somemore it was recommended by last time CH8 show :mad:

Usually, those shop goes on TV must skip.

droozy

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you book the 707 express bus, Sin-Mal express and Delima Express bus to Malacca ?

Thanks !

There are few places to board the express bus in Singapore to Malacca. Two popular spots are Queen Street (Bus Terminal for 170) the bus company is 707 Express and Lavender Street (In front of Singapore Casket), 2 bus companies there, Singapore-Malacca Express and Delima Express. The ticket cost around S$16/way (if I remember correctly).

707 Express is the most popular choice because of its non-stop service. Sin-Mal Express and Delima Express stop at Machap and Ayer Itam for half an hour rest.

Hope it helps.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.