Food at Johor

Kaki369

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK lets go now.. i drive over AMK now.. lolz...

Pls prepare RM400 and Passpork pls...

Kaki369

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah so shag... Kat.. u really damn ONZ... i thot u joking.. LOL... u so shiok huh.. sit at passenger seat.... relac only.. while me drive..

HEEHHEHEHE :p :p

His Food Blog

Reaction score
66, JALAN STULANG DARAT
80300 Johor Bahru
12.00pm-10.00pm

The boss, an old man in his 60s-70s will sit you down and take order... but its more like telling you what to eat. For e.g. You say you would like to eat fish, he will say cooked in chilli sauce - does not indicate what fish he will be dishing. I ate there a few times and each time he will served different fish cooked in different ways - you do not have a choice - but they all taste very good!!

Same for veggies, he will just ask you yes or no. No indication of what vegetables and how it would be done.

We tried asking him whether he served crabs - and he didn't hesitate to say no and tell you that you can go to San Low for it, which is just a road away.

Overall, I hasn't been disappointed with his food. Oh you should try the Orh Nee too!

I should be blogging about this place within a week or 2 so look out for it!

Finally, the long awaited review on Restoran Hak Seng - sorry to keep you guys waiting.

Here are some photos of what I eaten that night to whet your appetite.

DSCF2361.JPG

DSCF2365.JPG

DSCF2367.JPG

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
MosMos: Nice bo the fish head curry? Next time best is order small one each person one. :)

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
MosMos: Nice bo the fish head curry? Next time best is order small one each person one. :)
:o taste ok only. Find the price kind of expensive compared to eating seafood in JB.

Soup is mild hot, watery and heavy in coconut taste, not sour like our sg nonya one. It is not laska soup also.

I am not sure why they put tau gee inside, it does not even absord the soup, taste bland.

I ordered RM$35 pot, inside have 2 small fish head + many vege. Vege more than fish meat. :s22:

I think order 2 small pot at $15 more worth.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I once told the auntie sometimes no goods. She just smiled. But well.. ppl say.. the shop so many regulars and people. Surely bcoz they did something right.

fitzz82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi tinks the tau gee is damn nice lei. alot of ppl asked for extra. the fish also v fresh. only ting is.. the soup not spicy enu for mi. =[

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.