HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
:eek: hi, planning a trip this yr (virgin trip) pls help to see how this planning goes?
feel that e planning sucks as it moves down but anyway.....

Day 1

6.20 am Depart SG

10.30 am Land HK airport

12.00 pm Clear customs, buy octopus card (normal), top it up 300HK,
buy PEOPLE prepaid sim card costs only HKD60 (any 7-11) &
get maps + bonus guide for disney !! lunch at airport (café de coral)

1.30 pm Take A21 from airport to Mongkok (about 30 mins), find hostel & check in

3.00 pm Explore areas around hostel to familiarize OR
take star ferry around victoria harbour (get off at TST)

7.00 to 8.00 pm clock tower (penisula hotel?) & Ave of Stars (30 mins) Take MTR to TST station follow exit (HK cultural center) Symphony of Lights 8pm start.

8.20 pm on Fa Yuen street (Mongkok MTR exit D2) look out for “No#135 Fa Yuen Street" It's call Ki Tsui Cake Shop” ./ sports street / ladies market / temple street / bird/flower/goldfish market /

Mall selling girls clothes in MongKok should be "Argyle Centre" and "Centraline Mall" which are interlink w/ each other.
(SHOP TILL U DROP)

Day 2

After breakfast Ocean Park (open 10 am to 6pm except mon)

Late day (4+) Peak (take to central MTR & take cab to Shan Teng Kwong Chiong
About HK$45, then take tram down later, wax museum can skip
Have dinner there & watch e view.

Night Return to night markets for more shopping or hostel.

Day 3

After breakfast Tsing Yi bridge stopover & Disneyland

Day 4

After breakfast Macau

Return before nightfall for night time shopping if time permits

Day 5

After breakfast Wong Tai Sin Temple

Golden Bauhinia Square

Soho

Shopping @ factory outlets??

Day 6

After breakfast Giant Buddha / Po Lin Monastery / Wisdom path

Tai O fishing village

Late afternoon Shopping??? Area haven’t decide
Till night

Day 7

After breakfast Explore along causeway bay, tian ho & other shopping areas

Night Return SG
I think it should be pretty alright, except that day 1, perhaps u might want to finish walking fa yuen street before u go to the ave of stars, and symphony of lights, as they start to close at around 9pm.

Also, the clock tower, avenue of stars and the synphony of stars is around the same area, so is the star ferry terminal too. U can spend the evening there if u want to with perhaps 1 ferry ride down to wanchai / central and back.

leo_rock

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knw when is the best time to go hk??
what will be the weather like for the best time??

zelldincht

Reaction score
hey hotterdog let me borrow your itinerary..

I will be staying in Yau Mei tei. PLS HELP!!

Day 1

10.30 am Land HK airport

1.00 pm Shop over at central and causeway bay

4.00 to 7.00 pm wax musuem and the peak

8pm clock tower & Ave of Stars (30 mins) Take MTR to TST station follow exit (HK cultural center) Symphony of Lights

8.20 pm on Fa Yuen street (Mongkok MTR exit D2) look out for “No#135 Fa Yuen Street" It's call Ki Tsui Cake Shop”

Day 2

After breakfast make way to Lantau island, Giant buddha, have vegetarian meal after that

Should go Tai-o village or Ngong ping?
Do some shopping at Citygate and might go to cheng chau island for dinner or back to hotel.

Night Return to night markets for more shopping or hostel.

Day 3

After breakfast Macau trip.

Day 4 After Breakfast go to ocean park. Will spend the whole day there.
evening go to stanley park and repulse bay.

Have late night shopping at mongkok or central/causeway bay

Day 5

head back to singapore

So to go to lantau island ferry is the fastest way right? How to go? take ferry from?

hotterdog

Reaction score
no prob man. i also never go before. but erm, u so sure u can bia 1 hr from peak
back to see symphony of lights ah?

as for going lantau islands have to ask experts, but according to e HK tourism board infor
brochure, it says

"take MTR to central station (exit A), walk to central pier near exchange sq &
take ferry from outlying islands ferr pier no. 6 (ferry journey takes bout 50 mins) or

take mtr to tun chung station or

from HK int. airport take S1 to tung chung bus terminal"

u could go to HK tourism board at Suntec tower 2, 34 floor
& sup all e brochure/phamplets/maps from there, but they only
open mon to fri, office hours. bring plastic bag else yr wrist going
to hurt. :) when u going btw?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
So to go to lantau island ferry is the fastest way right? How to go? take ferry from?

Depends which part of lantau u are going and where u are going from. If u going from kowloon/hk island to ngong ping, train is faster than ferry.

Public buses also ply from tung chung and ngong ping to tai o.

zelldincht

Reaction score
no prob man. i also never go before. but erm, u so sure u can bia 1 hr from peak
back to see symphony of lights ah?

as for going lantau islands have to ask experts, but according to e HK tourism board infor
brochure, it says

"take MTR to central station (exit A), walk to central pier near exchange sq &
take ferry from outlying islands ferr pier no. 6 (ferry journey takes bout 50 mins) or

take mtr to tun chung station or

from HK int. airport take S1 to tung chung bus terminal"

u could go to HK tourism board at Suntec tower 2, 34 floor
& sup all e brochure/phamplets/maps from there, but they only
open mon to fri, office hours. bring plastic bag else yr wrist going
to hurt. :) when u going btw?

Im flying off tml morning!! HAHA last minute hor.

Anyway thank you and charmander! But if our first stop is the giant buddha, the ferry will still be the fastest right? (from our hotel yau mei tei)

CharmanderWong

Reaction score

Anyway thank you and charmander! But if our first stop is the giant buddha, the ferry will still be the fastest right? (from our hotel yau mei tei)

Hi zelldincht,

There's 2 options to get to the giant buddha at ngong ping,

1. Yau ma tei MTR to Tung Chung MTR on trains (u need to transfer once at Lai King MTR). After that, Go to the bus terminus at Tung Chung on foot and look for lantau bus 23 to ngong ping.

2. Yau ma tei MTR to Central MTR, Walk to the outlying ferry piers and board the ferry to Mui Wo, then transfer to lantau bus 2 to to ngong ping.

Option 1 will be faster if u travel from yau ma tei. Option 2 might be faster if u are going from/to hong kong island.

There's also a cable car (the famous ngong ping 360) from tung chung up to ngong ping, but the prices are a little steep. HKD88/98 (mon-sat/sunday)

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tian_Tan_Buddha#Public_transport

Regards, and have a safe trip.

hotterdog

Reaction score

oh wow, enjoy yr trip man!! guess it's yr 1st also....
maybe can share how it goes when u return...bon voyage !!:s12::s12:

hotterdog

Reaction score
just saw on HK news tat lantau is pouring... gd luck zelldincht.
e reporter at e village claimed it's alridi better, now at ankle level,
used to reach waist level..... funny.. why is shopping festival
around this time sia....

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
From airport how do 1 get to my designated hotel?

The airport express what is that?
hi ling3bzr,

u may want to spend ur time elsewhere instead of stanley if u are going to spend half a day there. I personally feel that its not worth that half a day unless u cant think of other places to go. Theres a similar to bugis street style of market there, less crowded, and also some pubs and resturants too.

From airport to your hotel,
by bus : A21 (airport coach) alight at 10 stop and walk just a little.
by train : Airport express train to kowloon station followed by Shuttle K1, Get off at Eaton hotel and walk down the street to Largos hotel.

ling3bzr

Reaction score
Hi Charmander, thanks for the detailed guide.
Airport express train is a free shuttle service right?
I be there for 6days6nights, is it better to get the Travel Pass with 2 Airport Express Single Journeys, it comes with free 3 days of unlimited travel on certain MTR line.
after 3 days i stilcan top up and use as a normal Octopus card right?

Sorry for asking so much..

winzzz

Reaction score
Hi does any1 knows if it would better for me to change into macau currency in spore or at macau itself?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Hi Charmander, thanks for the detailed guide.
Airport express train is a free shuttle service right?
I be there for 6days6nights, is it better to get the Travel Pass with 2 Airport Express Single Journeys, it comes with free 3 days of unlimited travel on certain MTR line.
after 3 days i stilcan top up and use as a normal Octopus card right?

Sorry for asking so much..
Its alright,

The airport express train is a express train service between airport and kowloon/hong kong island. But as the trains only stop at 2 stations, u have to transfer to a free shuttle service after getting off the trains to your hotel. The train cost $90 per trip per person to kowloon.

Yes i think the travel pass is worth for ur 6 days trip. u can top up and use it as a normal octopus card after the free unlimited travel on the MTR lines.

bluesky1

Reaction score
hello.. is september a gd time to visit hong kong and macau? got tendency of typhoon?

the last time i went i stayed in royal plaza hotel.. very nice hotel i must say, just tat have to walk quite a distance back every nite.. got other hotels that are more conveniently located n of the same standard as royal plaza? this time going with family so dont want them walk so far.. =P

btw, although this a HK thread, anybody can advice on which hotel is nice in macau? abit blur on macau actually..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.