Reaction score
New sets of notes.

Minna no Nihongo L9-L12
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8znn3e

Comments,pls. =)

Dimitiri さんは相変わらず、日本語を勉強している人達の為に、頑張っています。

お疲れ様でした。

dimitri_can said:
Don't worry.. I think 1st thing you need to do... Memorize your Hiragana chart first. Practise by writing and writing. Write the whole Hiragana chart 50 times. =) 

I agree with this. used to have a test on hiragana vocab... haha. and fretting over those tests... it maybe seem nothing now, but those were some good memories...

ender51244

Reaction score
頑張って行こう?

最初に不安とか、心配とか、様々ないいとあまり良くないの気持が感じるはずです。
それと共に、仕事ストレスを感じるもおかしくないと思いますが、
もし、勇気を出して、ちゃんと向きあって、
なんも問題も、悩んでいる事も解決できると思います。

頑張ってね、皆はDimitriさんを支えるから。
悩んだ問題があったら、ちゃんと言ってください; 何の相談でも乗ってください。

そして、この言葉を送りたいです。
「折れない心は負けない気持、迷いた時は前を向け!」
(2007年9月7日 よる9:00~10:48放送した
二宮和也、田中美佐子 主演した TBS スペシャルドラマ 「マラソン」)

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
皆日本語お上手~ うらやましい~ (*'з'*)

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just went for my 1st lesson at Ikoma. It was sooooooo stressful. Prior to this, I have zero knowledge of Jap. And even thou it was Basic class, everyone in the class seemed to know everything! Sensei taught v v fast. I had thought since it's the 1st lesson, she'll spend some time explaining things like what to look out for, tips on learning Jap.. some background on how the characters evolve.. etc etc. No lor, she doesnt speak much English, some times we dont even kw what she wants us to do cos she will be blabbering in Jap and we have to guess from her pointing & gesturing to kw she means.

During the 1st hour, she already started flashing hiragana & we were supposed to memorise & repeat after her (without any clues) and folks in my class could do that! I really suspect they already kw before the class (but that's so stressful to newbies like me & my brother =( ). I was still trying to grabble with how to say Good Nite, they already move on to Countries.. and by the end of the 3 hr, I learned numbers, vowels, greetings, how to introduce oneself, country names and next week we will have dictation test.

My brother told me he feels like giving up lor. I had major headache during the 3 hrs.. really headache.. sigh, I had thought it would be interesting to learn new language... work already so stress, now this also stress.. =(

Has anyone gone for Ikoma or other schools. Is it always like tat?

i went for the 1st lesson on sat and i understand the problem(s) u are facing..

my advice for you is to start practising and memorising hiragana and katakana like what the other experts here recommend...

gd luck! i am from the sat class, so if u need any help, I am just a call away... :D

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first lessons are usually a bit scary, especially when you are "in contact" with something you have never learn before for the first time.

most people seem as if they know, but it isn't really the fact. its only the appearance, so don't use this to scare yourself. when you mix with them and get to know them, they may not be as good in it as you think they are. time will tell everything and when they start disappearing after a few lessons, you know they have chosen to give up the lessons because they feel exactly the same way you are feeling.

Ikoma starts "Japanese-speaking" from scratch and i find it a good thing. It may seem alien language from the start, but you have to "hold on" to it and slowly, they will start making sense to you. People (in Singapore learning Japanese) could really start trying to form sentences and speak after 3 or 4 years of study, so no one is genius to start speaking after 2 lessons.

I took my basic lessons in JCS and admittedly their pace is really slow and medium of teaching is in English/Chinese, they have their dis-advantages. For year 3 onwards, teaching will be strictly in Japanese and English words are reduced to the minimum. Simple Japanese will be used to explain difficult Japanese. this creates a problem for the students there - after 2 years or 1 year (if taking express course) of English teaching Japanese, the switch comes and many have problems listening and understanding teachers. There's also the bad habit of relying on English explanation for Japanese things. As a result, many people quit school (because the "balance" is tipped). For ikoma to start their basic using Japanese as their main mode of instruction, i think it got rid of the bad habit of relying on English every time. it may have been tough first, but hard work will pay off.

like what other users say, my advice is the learn and memorize the hiragana and katagana first. this is a must. kanji can come later - this is not a problem if you have chinese background. one more thing - when taking notes, force yourself to write in hiragana. Using English pronunciation isn't really that helpful in building a strong foundation. constant usage and writing of hiragana will help you remember and recognize them better.

learning more is better than learning less. though its like a lot of things, after revising and using them over and over again, its like second nature. sooner or later, you will be able to start using "宜しく" and "お願いします" like the natives.

if you have zero basic and you are taking lessons in japan, the pace would be faster than this, i think. My teachers used to tell us how students in Japan learning Japanese would have finished the textbooks (we used for 1 year) in 2 weeks' time. so think of them, and think about yourself. your situation may not be too bad after all. Work hard!

I super agree X 100000 :D

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ニノ !!!!!!!! lol!
これ、あげる。 http://www.mediafire.com/?2evzq6hrkr1

vlcsnap-85317.jpg

Who's that girl? Anyone knows? =p

今日はままだと思います。。。課長は私の歯について、ちょっとコメントを言いました。。。でも、費用は全部会社払いますから、心配する必要はない。。今、初心者なので、一生懸命頑張らないといけません。。

そういえば、会社の中で、日本人の社員が一人います。お喋りのチャンスがありませんのに、水曜にチャンスが来ます。=)

Last edited:
Reaction score
isn't that the death note girl? what's her name again........ah! 戸田 恵梨香.

dimitri>> what's ur work? sounds like u re always exhausted or sth.

heguhegu

Reaction score
could anyone explain the use of these two phrases?

いいかげん

とんでもない

they seem to have both negative and positive connotations, i'm confused in how to read their meanings and how to use them in various cases. thanks!

ender51244

Reaction score
dimitri_can said:
ニノ !!!!!!!! lol!

vlcsnap-85317.jpg

今日はままだと思います。。。課長は私の歯について、ちょっとコメントを言いました。。。でも、費用は全部会社払いますから、心配する必要はない。。今、初心者なので、一生懸命頑張らないといけません。。

あ~ありがとうね!うれしいです!感謝しています!
ちなみに、Dimitriさんは「嵐」ファンなの?
よく知ってるね、ニノの新しいドラマ。
じゃ、「魔王」を見ているですか?

あの社員はちょっとおかしいかな?何で人の歯がコメントですか?
自分は歯が仕事にとって、そんなんに大きいな問題じゃない。
でも、良かったです、費用は全部会社が払って、歯科医の代は高いから。

水曜日に日本語を喋るチャンスが来てるって?
すみません、話が見えなくて・・・何が言いたいですか?
会社に・・・日本語が話せる人はその一人しかないのですか?
で、その人はあの日本人と言うことですか?

初心者は頑張る必要があります。でも、無理するなよ!
もし、風邪とかが出たたらは大変よ!

YEA!

IT Engineer.
of course loh.. ppl who know me better like ender will know y.

:s13:・・・あれ?自分が言った事があったっけ?(ごめん、記憶が悪いです)
3年前の私は IT に関しての勉強をしました。
だから、Dimitri さんの仕事の大変さはよく分かっています。(No Offense to you, but not a lot of people know why IT jobs are so tiring)

Last edited:

ender51244

Reaction score
could anyone explain the use of these two phrases?

いいかげん

とんでもない

they seem to have both negative and positive connotations, i'm confused in how to read their meanings and how to use them in various cases. thanks!

sorry... i don't know to really explain how to use them in various situations, but what i can give you are the different meanings to these words (from my dictionary). hope this helps.

いいかげん
1. refers to random, irresponsible, vague, remiss or lukewarm (in this case, its negative meanings)
2. refers to something that is "just right". (this is positive meanings)
Ex: 風呂はちょうどいいかげんだ。(The bath is just the right temperature)
3. a certain level, a considerable level/amount.
Ex: いい加減にしろ!
(That's enough! or the Taiwanese used to sub this as..."你给我够了!")

Other uses: いいかげんに(・・・)する

(人を)いいかげんに扱う、軽くあしらう means trifle

(仕事を)いいかげんにやる、(・・・を)義務的にする means cruise

とんでもない

means the following (which is both positive and negative):
- outrageous
- fantastic
- terrible
- ridiculous
- no kidding!
- no way!
- anything but !
- Far from it!
- very not likely!

to me, maybe i'm not picky or what i think may be wrong... but when i see or read certain phrases, the meaning will be there.
currently, i could only think of the following 2 which i come across more often:

"とんでもない話が・・・ or とんでもない事が・・・・"
my understanding is "shocking", doing or saying something shocking (which, could be positive or negative, depending on the contents or what was said or what was done)

"とんでもないです!私はただ・・・"
my understanding is "nothing of this sort!/I don't mean this (i am just....)" (which strongly means, very not likely!)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
そうですね。。。「嵐」ファンです。。。この曲から

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02Yqh0hELk

「魔王」を見ています。

まあ。。課長なので、しょうがない。。。

で、その人はあの日本人と言うことですか?ー>会うとき言います。

IT jobs drain a lot of brain power from the person. :(

あ~ありがとうね!うれしいです!感謝しています!
ちなみに、Dimitriさんは「嵐」ファンなの?
よく知ってるね、ニノの新しいドラマ。
じゃ、「魔王」を見ているですか?

あの社員はちょっとおかしいかな?何で人の歯がコメントですか?
自分は歯が仕事にとって、そんなんに大きいな問題じゃない。
でも、良かったです、費用は全部会社が払って、歯科医の代は高いから。

水曜日に日本語を喋るチャンスが来てるって?
で、その人はあの日本人と言うことですか?

初心者は頑張る必要があります。でも、無理するなよ!
もし、風邪とかが出たたらは大変よ!

:s13:・・・あれ?自分が言った事があったっけ?(ごめん、記憶が悪いです)
3年前の私は IT に関しての勉強をしました。
だから、Dimitri さんの仕事の大変さはよく分かっています。(No Offense to you, but not a lot of people know why IT jobs are so tiring)

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ニノ !!!!!!!! lol!

vlcsnap-85317.jpg

i cannot type kanji here...

is it Toda Erika? she quite cute sia... :D

is this movie like the meteor garden?? ORE SAMA DA YO!!! :D

Last edited:

ender51244

Reaction score
そうですね。。。「嵐」ファンです。。。この曲から

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02Yqh0hELk

「魔王」を見ています。

まあ。。課長なので、しょうがない。。。

で、その人はあの日本人と言うことですか?ー>会うとき言います。

IT jobs drain a lot of brain power from the person. :(

eh... today lazy... so type in english. *oops*

Yeah, I'm watching 「魔王」 too.
wah... very very exciting liao cos now nearing ending le. (but i sort of know the ending already)
Ohno's acting is so good that i'm very impressed. You can't even tell that its his first drama.

erm... i sort of started watching 「嵐」 back when 「D の 嵐」 was on TV. i'm not considered a fan, but sort of watch their stuff for fun and entertainment, know a bit of their news and stuff. with arashi increasing their market share, it is only logical that they will have more and more fans. and now, they are even extending their market share to korea and china. they will become johnny's most powerful and most money making group (just like what aiba said on their debut interview)

your 課長 is very picky. omg... i thought that i might one day work for a japanese company too, but if my 課長 is that picky, i don't know if i could stay on for long....

"IT jobs drain a lot of brain power from the person. :(" ---> これは大賛成です!
A lot of my brain cells died from those programming codes.

and thanks for that song.... sho's 「Smile Again」 is still ringing in my ears...

ender51244

Reaction score
ニノの新しいドラマのCMにお礼として、
Dimitri さんにこれをあげます!

見た事があるんと思うですが・・・お楽しみに。
DSCN02770.jpg

これは、まあ~可愛いなと思って・・・
News Zero (short clip)

Note: for the rest, you can try training your ears for this.... *fufufu*

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.