Overclocking FAQ

Steve74

Reaction score
All want ready made answers and lazy to used their brains mah .. Wat to do :D :D So hows ur Z5500 sales :D :D

dfx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Steve74 said:
All want ready made answers and lazy to used their brains mah .. Wat to do :D So hows ur Z5500 sales :D

No business leh :(
NVM lah bad to worst to super ultra worst i use it as 2.1 loh :D

du0000

Reaction score
yeah... I am very interested to learn OCing..but the QC FAQ is not working like Icyen mentioned....

Hat0218

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only those, alot of others are not working as well =/
NR!! write your own guide!! :(

NightRaven

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm yea guys those a little behind time also....

hmmm okay i'll see whether i got time to write a guide :)

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros, i used to oc, like 4 years ago.. using my amd 64 single core 3000+ cpu and 6600gt..wanna ask, are the methods still the same? or has there been a paradigm shift since i've been gone? thanks.

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya man can some of the mods clean up the links that are broken? and maybe even link up the newbies with a newer one :)

zelda1031

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah!!you guys should get a new guide for newbie like zelda1031> me through OC (^^)

what i have know by reading online(dunno if its right or wrong or misunderstood)

OC start with
-increase mutiplier till no POST ?
-incease cpu voltage bit by bit still it get stable ? (heard we also can increase NB voltage to make it stable?)
-but not more than the max voltage. like 1.5v for my AMD pIIx3 720be ?
-after i get the speed i wanted to be stable, than lower mutiplier and increase FBS??
-lower mutiplier increase FBS till no POST, increase RAM voltage?

thats all i know from reading online , dunno if its right or wrong =.=

as for OC ram .... i realli dont know it very much , tighten timing will help in increased FBS to be more stable ? or its just reducing the cycle so it run faster ?
and what kind of ram ratio is the best or all kinda ratio is as good ?

sorry for my bad english and noob qus ^^ll) dont bomb me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.