[Official cycling thread]

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I bought it off second hand actually. But its in excellent shape.

Frame:Scott (black/blue)
Size:small
Fork:Rock Shox SID TEAM
Saddle:Fizik(wing flex)
Seatpost:Ritchey wcs
Seat clamp:Hope(blue)
Stem:Ritchey wcs
Handlebar:Ritchey wcs(carbon)
Front D:xtr
Rear D:SRAM XO
Shifter:SRAM XO grip shifter
Brakeset:Shimano(BR-M525)
Rotor:160mm A2Z
Wheelset:Syncros FLR DS23 (white)
Hub:Megan Racing(blue)with quick release
Spoke:DT Swiss spokes
Tires:Kenda KLIMAX LITE 345g(26X1.95)
Crankset:RACEFACE(forged/carbon)
Pedal:Xpedo
Disc jockey:kcnc x 2

Damage 1.5k
I'm definitely not an expert on bikes so I hope its a good buy...

large-adpic1-1223183921-13673.jpg
http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=3&aid=105736&page_id=1&done=

:o

its a good buy~

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
lai lai, tomorrow morning east side ride, 1 complete round of tampines track, whos coming ?

ps, i'm not sure if the trail renovation is ok le ma, 2 weeks ago i went, its was closed. should the trail be closed tomorrow, we go makan and la teh peng. haha

bOnkfEsT

Reaction score
Was at Tampines track last weekend, so it shouldn't be closed. Would love to go but weekdays are work days haaaa....

lai lai, tomorrow morning east side ride, 1 complete round of tampines track, whos coming ?

ps, i'm not sure if the trail renovation is ok le ma, 2 weeks ago i went, its was closed. should the trail be closed tomorrow, we go makan and la teh peng. haha

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was at Tampinese Trail last Sat. The condition of the trail is pretty bad. Lots of erosion. The bridge at the end of the rocky hill trail had its approach 2/3 eroded off, leaving only a small rocky path going onto the bridge, missed it and you will find yourself in muddy water. The Jungle trail also has lots of wooden structures broken. There is also a longkang caused by erosion right across the path. Do be extra careful there as it is very easy to be caught off guard and find yourself flying through the air.:s16::s16:

rockdhop

Master Member
Reaction score

Damage 1.5k

what year is the bike?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Damage 1.5k

Good stuff

bOnkfEsT

Reaction score
Rockdhop - The frame and fork are '04. But he serviced the forks for any leakages etc 2 weeks before (service receipt included). he had the rest of the parts changed recently.

Pew - Thanks!

dxboy - The pic was showing before, but i'm not sure why it isn't now. I'll try to get some pics up with my 5megapixel phone when i have the time.

I got it from http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=3&aid=105736&page_id=1&done=
Trust me when he said the condition of the bike was 9.5/10. I was shocked when i saw the bike, i honestly thought it was brand new.
I also had the bike weighed using the bodyweight+bike - bodyweight method, and i did this 4 times over just to be sure. Bike weight is 10.2kg.

Another question to all the experts; Any part of the bike do you think can still be upgraded?
I was thinking of changing to tires to 2.1 panaracer/maxxis/kenda, for trails. Or are my 1.95 adequate?

Your advice and suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yr bike parts are decent enuff . dun need to upgrade unless you have spare cash to burn.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rockdhop - The frame and fork are '04. But he serviced the forks for any leakages etc 2 weeks before (service receipt included). he had the rest of the parts changed recently.

Pew - Thanks!

dxboy - The pic was showing before, but i'm not sure why it isn't now. I'll try to get some pics up with my 5megapixel phone when i have the time.

I got it from http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/ad_details.php?cid=3&aid=105736&page_id=1&done=
Trust me when he said the condition of the bike was 9.5/10. I was shocked when i saw the bike, i honestly thought it was brand new.
I also had the bike weighed using the bodyweight+bike - bodyweight method, and i did this 4 times over just to be sure. Bike weight is 10.2kg.

Another question to all the experts; Any part of the bike do you think can still be upgraded?
I was thinking of changing to tires to 2.1 panaracer/maxxis/kenda, for trails. Or are my 1.95 adequate?

Since you already got a pair of semi slicks, get a pair of nevegels to chiong offroad, another nice pair of offroad tires would be smoke and dart. Swap to the semislicks for road rides.

bOnkfEsT

Reaction score
Since you already got a pair of semi slicks, get a pair of nevegels to chiong offroad, another nice pair of offroad tires would be smoke and dart. Swap to the semislicks for road rides.

Great idea! I will do just that. Btw how much would the nevegals DTC 2.1 cost?

Thanks!

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
oh ok, thanks for the headsup on tampines trail.

tecnica, i think its better to bring to a LBS, i think jurong there also got lbs right. hope u solve the problem soon

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score

Pew - Thanks!

Yr wheelset still can be upgrade if u have spare cash.

bOnkfEsT

Reaction score
Just a litte update,

Changed my tires to nevegal 2.1 (thanks Pew!). Now i'm looking to part off with my spare Kenda KLIMAX LITE 345g(26X1.95). Condition 9.5/10, never been off road.
Also got some accessories and a lazer helmet.

Unfortunately, bike weight shot up to 10.98kg =(

WuSangui- I'm actually quite happy with my white wheelset. But i'm interested to know what are your recommendations.

lumincious

Reaction score
hello, i would want to ask are there any bikes that are less than 500dollars (2nd hand or brand new) that you guys could recommend to me? which r "ridable' in the tampines trail? im quite interested. and if thats couldn't find any, are there any companies that do bike transporting for countries to countries? thx very much :D

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.