I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

ironman4672

Banned
Reaction score
here's my experience with funmobile

i dun remember going to their website or download anything from them
infact .. i use my own ringing tone.. the same one since 3 phones ago..
so i WONT be downloading ringing tone....

here's what happen..
on 14 June.. i happen to receive this PUSH WAP message
this...
Untitled-1.jpg

then not knowing what it is
i click on it..
then it said i HAVE ACCEPTED their membership confirmation or something
i thought what happen..
so i dig further

the WAP sms is actually
Untitled-4.jpg

and when i receive my bill i get...

Untitled-3.jpg

i guess i am abit lucky that i detect it abit earlier...

i am so EMAILING the ida and CASE

haha. singtel classic plan u are using ......corporate plan??haha

calm-guy

Reaction score
so how do we cancel subscribition from this scammer?

and the probability of receiving a refund for the unused service...

read through the past posting that you have to call them directly to terminate their services... anyone tried emailing them?

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how do we cancel subscribition from this scammer?

and the probability of receiving a refund for the unused service...

read through the past posting that you have to call them directly to terminate their services... anyone tried emailing them?

If you want to stop receiving their $4 messages, you can actually send a command to have it cancel.

Anyway I really had enough of this SYBASE company. What happened was that I was charged a total of $24 for the month of May and June. I called up SH made a charge dispute compain. They managed to get Sybase to give me a call. And the lady said the company would waived all except 1 premium message. And they will take my number from their database. Which I was agreeable.

Now come the July bill... guess what? I got waived only $12!! And I got charged for another 2 more premium SMS at another $8!!!!

This is really getting on my nerves!!! i am heading straight to CASE. Maybe I will give SH a call first.

Totally pissed!!

Last edited:

logicet

Reaction score
same things happen to my wife bill, charges from Sybase365 Pte Ltd, 2x$4 premium sms

You can call the number given on your bill to terminate the service. I tried it and it worked.

Asked how come I subscribed it and its because of the advertisments of winning something and you send a sms to the number in the advert and voila, you have subscribed to their services.

hardcore_freak

Reaction score
I could send you a copy of it. PM your email address to me.

Cheers
Someone complaint this service before...

Read this link for details

http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showpost.php?p=885926&
postcount=30

Thanks guys, i have contacted Starhub and the same reply was given to me, they cannot do anything abt it :( so i refused to pay the extra $30 and after several months, they started sending me reminders to clear my outstanding bills.....
i insisted them to do something and in the end the "third party" called up and after much explanation, they agreed to waive off $18 and i still need to pay $12
(can u imagine they said they agreed to waive off $18 for me? when in the first place the user of this nos didn't even understand english nor does she knows how to press the agreed button to subscribe to the third party service)

feebiedoodie

Reaction score
sadly, but mobile operators will just claim that they are just third parties helping the service provided to claim the fees from you...that is unless if you take further actions.

doesn't help even if you try quoting past incidents that has been publicised so much to them.

went to ST with my friend to complain..and we just ended up getting dumped at the telephones available in the center to call up the funmobile ourselves...horrendous service.

and funmobile claimed to be willing to waive half of the total fees out of goodwill...goodwill?! when the user doesn't even know how she got subscribed in the first place.

but they can so accurately provide you with the time that you accessed their site thru WAP/wifi, and that they sent you weekly sms regarding the fees that you find it hard to dispute...

but in the first place, will is it so easy to get signed on without any verifications of sort? what if some kids or whosoever mis-pressed the phone to access the site without knowing...it's just plain unfair.

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
I could send you a copy of it. PM your email address to me.

Cheers

i think it would be good if u can point out exactly which part of the directive we should be looking for.

a direct link to the directive would be good too..

and telcos cant say "im sorry. cant help u"

mastan

Reaction score
this is a similar website. wixawin.com
they almost caught me with their "WIN AN IPHONE FOR FREE" ad.
they send an sms to my mobile saying
"Please text IPHONE to 72233 to confirm you entry. Join now and have a chance to win an Apple iPhone! Premium Service, $4/q. Info:wixawin.com/65713999"

I felt fishy and didnt send SMS. lucky me.

In the SMS they are not saying by sending an SMS we will be automatically subsribed to their stupid premium service. Simply Cheating.. should sue these crooks.

Everyone beware of giving phone numbers on web ads offering "win an iphone" and stuff.

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
You can call the number given on your bill to terminate the service. I tried it and it worked.

Asked how come I subscribed it and its because of the advertisments of winning something and you send a sms to the number in the advert and voila, you have subscribed to their services.

they also send sms.. once we open it.. we considered subscribe.. they charge even u have not download anything.

the best thing.. just delete the damn sms if u doesnt know whom it from, especially with 5 nos.

i hope CASE is not sleeping on this matter..

bkultraman

Reaction score
Hi All

My bro was also hit by this subscription thing, the worst thing is that he dont check his bills and have been paying since Jan 08. Any successful resolution yet? Think I will lodge a complaint, which channel is the best?

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mum has also been charged $50 per month since Oct 2008 from this scammer.

My mum dun even know how to use WAP or read english. Every message she receives she will just open, so I think this is how they get you, when you open a message.

I just called singtel to get back the money since Oct 2008 and also unsubscribe and also stop them from charging us. Stupid scammer.

I search online and saw that they have been charged 3 times by IDA, but IDA always says there is only 1 complaint. But there are so many on the internet, how can they say there is only 1 complain and let them off the hook so easily.

There are tons of case complaints, but case dun have an archive to search through.

stiener

Reaction score
I dicovered that my bill had a additional charge for Feb. It was indicated as ST Oracle (MP3 music pack). Called the CSO just now to clarify that I did not sign up any of such services nor did I download any MP3. I was told that it comes with an upgrade. That means it wasn't optional and I don't even know that I had this service before I get the bill. The CSO was kind enough to waive off the charges. For those who just upgraded their handset or recontract, better check your bills.

Rog

Reaction score
My bill has a suspicious subscription chage of $6/mth by YuuZoo.
Had called Singtel to investigate.

Everyone, please beware of those daylight robbery conmen!!!

sentinel369

Reaction score
I just received a SMS this today with the following message:
================================================
<ADV>SMS TOTO to 77177 n get Master Chia's latest TOTO forecast

Stop? Sms Toto Stop to 77177.
$2/sms rcv. Sub svc
Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd
================================================

It looks like one of those companies listed on this thread. Anyone received from this third party service before?

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
I got charged $6 too before I cancelled. I wish the hackers out there would hack those f**king spam companies instead of creating tons of worms/virus/horses that just inconvenience everyone.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The telcos do earn a transaction fee out of each charge. When they mention that they cannot do anything, it is a LIE.

Makes you wonder whether they're working for their mobile users or the scammers, since the telcos earn from both sides.

Gundam_seed

Reaction score
i just got charge $19.96 on my m1 bill for 2 access to funmobile which i have no recollection of. wat should i do?? hw come this scam wasnt posted on straits times forum before??

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just got charge $19.96 on my m1 bill for 2 access to funmobile which i have no recollection of. wat should i do?? hw come this scam wasnt posted on straits times forum before??

Are you paying bills via credit card? Call your bank and file a fraud charge.

The telcos don't do **** because it's profitable for them to allow this to go on.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.