Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

Jaypct

Reaction score
i am thinking of going Bali this year end as well, do give me some feedback when you return...

grunt

Reaction score
well, if you are non-Muslim, must try to go to Ubud and try Ibu Oka Babi Guling - Roast Pig. Right across the marketplace. To die for - at least for me :)

khee

Reaction score
bali is quite a big place... depend on ur liking... if u like beach, then u stay near the beach... if u like green, it will be ubud...

the onli thing i dun like is that everyone try to sell u anything...

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am currently in bali now. :)

Bali is a big island, in fact bigger than sg so u gotta plan ur trip. If u like diving best to stay in north east side where all dive sites are.
For local handicrafts, visit ubud. And yes ibu okay babi guling sedaap.

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Is there a off peak season to go Bali? Cheaper

I been there 2 times, so will be planning to go there again next year alone for around 10 days.

Looking to stay in around 3 different resort (2 beach+1 ubud)

Also if there a reliable website to book Hotel?

shawnfonseka

Reaction score
any airline/ticket recommendations???
my mom wants to go wif her brother and sister to bali.. but not sure which part.. but i think i heard them say depansar...
any hotel/airline ticket to recommend, pls do share!
thanks alot!!
:)

-kiri-

Reaction score
cheapest airfare i found for March 09 is ard 336 for 2 pax. Jetstar/Valuair. but only deapature for certain weekdays... can check it out. :D

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Bali in March. Got the tickets from Jetstar's previous promo at $170+ return, all in. Note that Jetstar's departure and arrival times are all in the evening/midnight.

As for the hotel, I picked Bali Rani for its convenience. It's in Kuta. The reviews I've read so far for this hotel has been good.

:Later,

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Hi i notice that the rate of the hotel are cheaper now until end of march, so I planning to go there after feb. Anyone have a good and reliable website to book hotel?

Also for jet star, what are the additional charges beside the air fare in bali?

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hotel booking:

Zuji
AsiaTravel
AsiaRooms

I booked mine at AsiaTravel coz AsiaRoom didn't have it on offer.

As for your Jetstartar question... the answer's insurance, fuel surcharge and airport tax. In my case, I was charged S$6~ for credit card fee as well.. Don't ask me why. :(

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
thanks for the hotel links.

By the way anyone been to Bali in March before? After some reading I realise that it is the end of the raining season in march. The dry start from April. Do you think going in march is a bad move? No wonder cheaper until March.

thechariot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey ts.. wanna share with you my experience there..

if you can wait.. try going on the end of the year period.. i went last november for 5 days and there were lots of places having sales.. i dunno whats the diff lah but i did a lot of shopping though.. if you're in to surf brands, then its a good time coz that was what i was advised by my frens..

i took lionair and it only cost me less than $200.. flight was 6am though.. reach there ard 8+am.. just nice timing to go eat breakfast and walk2.. and return flight is 0030hrs.. i didn't care about comfort of whatever lah.. its only a 2hr flight.. i got my ipod + psp.. enuff already.. at least the food, though not that nice, which is ok to me.. its still edible.. its a budget flight.. what do you expect.. to me as long get there safe, thats what is important..

i stayed @ some budget inn.. it was called suria inn i think.. i only remembered i paid ard SGD$150 for all that 5 days (coz i got a lobang.. hehe) its a budget hotel.. not for those who wants luxurious room.. the room i got was ok ok.. there was lots of tourist as well.. lots of japanese actually..

i wish i can go on but it'll be a composition for you to read.. it was awesome and we promised ourselves that we would come back same time this yr..

hope you will enjoy your stay there. oh yeah.. go for the river rafting!! it was the best highlight for me and my gf thruout the 5 days..

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope you will enjoy your stay there. oh yeah.. go for the river rafting!! it was the best highlight for me and my gf thruout the 5 days..
We intend to do this too. Do you still remember from where you got the river rafting package, and for how much? Lastly, any contact number? :D

tOyS_r_Us

Reaction score
thinking of going bali with my guy for 5days 4nights too.

considering stayin in hard rock cafe hotel, and going in march. Any idea how much this would all cost?

and any recomendations for the itinery?

stellamara

Master Member
Reaction score
Do try to eat at some of the restaurants there along Jln petitengat.. or smth. very romantic and much enhanced version nicer than holland v type..

Go dreamland beach. really nice sunset. Also mus eat seafood by the beach.

AND ... try to stay in a bali villa if its within budge. STRONGLY RECOMMEND SANYAS SUITE . Absolutely fantastic for the price. With own pool and stuff woo.

Flied thru LION AIR, which is abt $200 per pax return. but nw u can get tix at a cheaper price ba.. but lion air got food and stuff, and emergency exit seats are really spacious :) haha and nobody will compete with u cos nobody seating

tOyS_r_Us

Reaction score
thanks for the recomendations!

Which area is Sanyas Suite at? Roughly how much is it?

Wah how come lion air so unpopular? the other budget airlines, almost impossible to get the emergency exit seats man haha

go5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i eat at a so call romantic dinner by the bench..
i forgot the actual name of the place..
but it was like so...smoky..
and over commercialized.......haha.
bbq every where..n ppl are all eating at the bench....like hawkher by the bench onli.
i feel..
can give it a miss....

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Hi

I going Bali in March for 8 days, planning to go snorkeling.

Thinking of snorkeling in Sanur and Pumeteran as I book resort there

any one know the snorkeling rate in bali?

I look through the website and find most rate abit expensive $45 USD.

Is the snorkeling site near the beach where you can swim from there or must I travel by boat?

Also If i bring my own gear will it be cheaper?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.