Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone use borderlinx recently? over in the US still kena charge sales tax shipping to borderlinx US address?

VEF888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What sort of sales charges is Borderlinx charging? When I use their calculator, no sales charges is indicated. What I googled is only certain company charges the tax:

http://myspreeshop.blogspot.com/2008/10/charge-sales-tax-for-shipping-to-ohio.html

BY the way, vpost is cheaper for small items, Amazon usually states the shipping dimension plus the shipping weight as well. I think vpost will charge the higher of the two.

Currently have an order pending from vpost, will see how it goes, but looks like Borderlinx is the way to go.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What sort of sales charges is Borderlinx charging? When I use their calculator, no sales charges is indicated. What I googled is only certain company charges the tax:

http://myspreeshop.blogspot.com/2008/10/charge-sales-tax-for-shipping-to-ohio.html

BY the way, vpost is cheaper for small items, Amazon usually states the shipping dimension plus the shipping weight as well. I think vpost will charge the higher of the two.

Currently have an order pending from vpost, will see how it goes, but looks like Borderlinx is the way to go.

Borderlinx does not charge sales tax, its whether the website you are buying from charge the sales tax or not. Newegg for example doesn't charge sales tax.

Borderlinx is using DHL so you can track the shipping once the stuffs reach borderlinx US address. Shipping from borderlinx US to SG only take 4-5 days. I don't think Vpost can provide the same kind of service. :D

csisfun

Reaction score
Yeah indeed.

Had pretty good experience with Borderlinx, the stuff came in fast. Usually DHL will 'overquote' the ETA by around one day. So you have more reason to be happy... assuming you forget what I wrote in a flash.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vPost ship from US to Sg every thr?
seem like vPost shipped my 1st item over to sg 'stand by' even before i create the bill and pay the shipping charges. i waiting for the 2nd item just arrived vPost address yesterday to create the bill.

_hulk_

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I have been using Vpost all the time. It is long shipping and expensive. Will switch to borderlinx after I applied for the a citi card.:look:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now vPost with promotion below 5kg with UOB 20% discount still ok, still can fight with borderlinx. once above 5kg borderlinx is winner.
1 thing borderlinx damn xian..die die must use Citi CC. if go apply 1yr only use 1~2 times for shipping not worth the trouble.

iamlzw

Reaction score
had a terrible experience with vpost b4. but still continued to use it cos dunno got other alternatives. after reading this, gonna try borderlinx from now on...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had a terrible experience with vpost b4. but still continued to use it cos dunno got other alternatives. after reading this, gonna try borderlinx from now on...

can share your terrible experience?

Vulpix

Reaction score
Just to chip in, my package from amazon arrived at borderlinx HQ last friday, and I got my package this morning. Talk about awesome service.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to chip in, my package from amazon arrived at borderlinx HQ last friday, and I got my package this morning. Talk about awesome service.

my 2nd item from amazon reached vPost US address Last Thr 18/12, i paid the shipping fee on Fri once they bill me but the parcel now still in US. :s13:
my 1st item they shipped to spore before i pay the bill, now the status shown its in spore but no update all!
if i ship more often from US i sure go get Citi CC and use borderlinx. :s13:

iamlzw

Reaction score
can share your terrible experience?

1st time - bought two dvds from amazon. dunno why vpost go split into two different shipments even though bought at one go from same merchant. end up paying base charge twice (my fault partially cos i just click pay without checking)...

2nd time - bought 2 books. one of the books was defective so had to cancel deal. however already sent invoice to vpost. when payment comes, notice have to pay for shipment of 2 books when there should be only 1. email for assistance. got a standard reply almost a week later. not satisfied, called their helpdesk to complain. stupid lady also insist i am getting 2 books. not wanting to be charged for holding fees, i made the payment, thinking there's probably a mistake on amazon's part...
when item arrives, only got 1 book. wasnt charged by amazon for the book not purchased, but charged by vpost for the item NOT shipped... was sooooooo pissed

Vulpix

Reaction score
my 2nd item from amazon reached vPost US address Last Thr 18/12, i paid the shipping fee on Fri once they bill me but the parcel now still in US. :s13:
my 1st item they shipped to spore before i pay the bill, now the status shown its in spore but no update all!
if i ship more often from US i sure go get Citi CC and use borderlinx. :s13:

Just get the Citibank clear card lor... I got one JUST for this service.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my items.
paid the shippment last Fri got it today, today 6 days to deliver.

must thumb up for vPost once, at least they put in effort, even do delivery on Public holiday Christmas Day. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.