Old Currency Collector

realcrazy_7z

Reaction score
Any one here collect notes/coins?

Those Bird Series, Ship series. Big $1 and $0.50 coins?

I am looking for more to add to my collection.:D

heartland

Banned
Reaction score
:s13: I prefer malaya dollars and straits settlement notes as they are better investment. Old sing dollar note are still subjected to exchange rates and not highly sought after :( Nonetheless I also collect it. If anyone got 1 stack(100pieces) UNC running order Orchid and Bird notes pls PM me :)

dotzdotz

Reaction score
:s13: I prefer malaya dollars and straits settlement notes as they are better investment. Old sing dollar note are still subjected to exchange rates and not highly sought after :( Nonetheless I also collect it. If anyone got 1 stack(100pieces) UNC running order Orchid and Bird notes pls PM me :)

got pic to show? interested to see them since i have never see them before :s11:

f3nG86

Reaction score
Straits settlement 1ct 10ct 20ct & 50cts

:s13:I have many types of coins and notes. If interested to see more pls pm me:)

keithzhoulw

Reaction score
hmm from what i know chinatown near the stage there weekends there are uncle selling old notes also . you can take a look at them. btw where can i buy those clear plastic sleeve for the notes ??

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.bank-note.org/singapore.html

I do have some or most of the collection. Meanwhile, I'm holding on to also the strait currency in the late 1800s banknote $1 and then Malayan dollar of the mid 1900s. I more interested in older currency before the Singapore currency began 1967.

I have couple of these in $1-$5
ss5.gif

The the Queen Elizebeth version $1 and $5. Mine is Blue $1 and green $5
mbb10.gif

I do really wish to have these in my collection thou
ma2f.gif

Currency 1600 - 1800 that my granddad had told me before. Lolz... :D

Last edited:

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
got alot of old notes though :)
if u want to buy plastic sleeves check out bugis street in the middle there is a currency shop.
20cent per sheet

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Buy a hot sealer. Then buy the cheap cheap clear plastic from any provision store. Cut the correct size and seal the sides. If correct heat and correct temp and type of plastic use - good long lasting seal.

OMP - All currencies including singapore's note, so many sizes. I doubt to find a correct sizes for a squarish strait dollar note there at bugis.

keithzhoulw

Reaction score
went to the bugi st stall. the auntie there refused to sell me any plastic sleeve>>>>>>>arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rictansk

Reaction score
i do collect old currency and coins.

Interested to buy/trade/exchange can pm me..thanks.:)

vtcn4061

Reaction score
S$1 ship series running number

Hi all, I've a few of the s$1 ship series notes in running numbers. In addition to that, some of them are the Z1 replacement series also in running numbers. All are uncirculated. Also, I've the old Malaysia $20 note, but condition is not very gd. Interested collectors feel free to PM me. Hope to hear from yall soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.