Vietnam

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting and waitng.... and 5 days gone liao still no ans to my enquiry... am sure those experts down here must have know a thing or two.... pls lei dun keep your secret... share with ppl like us newbies.....

Time is running low liaoz..... and off I fly to HCMC in 2 wks. And research online everyday until blurr liaoz......:s16::s16:

you are better off trying out at the markets..shopping centers in saigon sell products at gerenerally high prices..

watchlooker

Reaction score
you are better off trying out at the markets..shopping centers in saigon sell products at gerenerally high prices..

Oh.... Techadd....oh.... thank u so much for the ans. Dun worry I'm straight!!:s13:

Do you happen to know of any 2nd hand old watch shop in HCMC? I'm into collecting old watches... broken or working dun matter =:p:s22:

pyw_BXS

Reaction score

Hi Techadd,

Was wondering if you could recommend some of the "worth to go" markets or wholesales centers? My sis wants me to head there to buy some dresses/clothes back for her to put on her blog to sell. Thanks for the advice.;)

adrian_tango

Reaction score
has any1 eaten here b4?

they say the queues after 6 is ridiculous....does it really live up to its reputation?

Quan An Ngon Restaurant

Well, is like newton circle to me...you can see lots of tourist during dinner time so you can guess the prices are for tourist too..of cos you still can see many vietnamese people during lunch hour. If you visit hcmc you should enjoy your food along the street..along district 10. I have enjoy having my dinner at this restaurant call: Hoang Yen along 148 Hai Ba Trung, they serve vietnamese-chinese food(i guess).

And if you like Hu Tiu...maybe you can visit: Lien Hua(Hu Tiu Nam Vang) @ 381 Vo Van Tan, P.5(ward 5) district 3

As for Pho, Pho24 is not bad but you should try Pho Hoa @ 260C Pasteur Street (Viet Name: Duong Pasteur) or Pho Le
303-305 Vo Van Tan St., Ward 5, District 3...they are number 1 and number 2 Pho in hcmc..:s13:

Enjoy!

ahkwan

Master Member
Reaction score
Quan An Ngon Restaurant

Well, is like newton circle to me...you can see lots of tourist during dinner time so you can guess the prices are for tourist too..of cos you still can see many vietnamese people during lunch hour. If you visit hcmc you should enjoy your food along the street..along district 10. I have enjoy having my dinner at this restaurant call: Hoang Yen along 148 Hai Ba Trung, they serve vietnamese-chinese food(i guess).

And if you like Hu Tiu...maybe you can visit: Lien Hua(Hu Tiu Nam Vang) @ 381 Vo Van Tan, P.5(ward 5) district 3

As for Pho, Pho24 is not bad but you should try Pho Hoa @ 260C Pasteur Street (Viet Name: Duong Pasteur) or Pho Le
303-305 Vo Van Tan St., Ward 5, District 3...they are number 1 and number 2 Pho in hcmc..:s13:

Enjoy!

i go pho24 cos it's near my hotel... pho hoa and pho le seems far from me... de tham street, district 1 is where i am staying now...

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
qk qn: the plug they use in HCM, is it the same as what we use in Sg? the 3 pin?

lomjuuuuuuu

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i on leave from 22 dec to 4 jan, and i like to go to HCM to meet a vietnamese friend that i meet online. may i know is this the good time to go there?

foofam77

Reaction score
i go pho24 cos it's near my hotel... pho hoa and pho le seems far from me... de tham street, district 1 is where i am staying now...

i am staying in elios hotel now...

may i know where i can get to the nearest pho24? preferred to be within walking dist...

btw i tried Quan an non...good, but not to say fantastic...but it was indeed very crowded with both locals and tourists..

ahkwan

Master Member
Reaction score

may i know where i can get to the nearest pho24? preferred to be within walking dist...

btw i tried Quan an non...good, but not to say fantastic...but it was indeed very crowded with both locals and tourists..

pho 24 is on the same street as elios hotel... on the same line... i think u walk out from your hotel den turn left or right... u will see it...

btw guys, can vietnam tap water be boiled and consumed??? if use mineral water, can it be boiled and consumed??? wanna cook bowl noodles...

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
pho 24 is on the same street as elios hotel... on the same line... i think u walk out from your hotel den turn left or right... u will see it...

btw guys, can vietnam tap water be boiled and consumed??? if use mineral water, can it be boiled and consumed??? wanna cook bowl noodles...

u siao bo? or is ur cooking skill jus so pro? need to go all the way there to cook n eat..
jus go out eat lar.. save the problem n super cheap lor

the food there is reali nice

ahkwan

Master Member
Reaction score
u siao bo? or is ur cooking skill jus so pro? need to go all the way there to cook n eat..
jus go out eat lar.. save the problem n super cheap lor

the food there is reali nice

LOL, not i wan to complain lor... i spent around $60 for 4 days on eating lor... thats alot lor... cos i almost everyday eat restaurant, still haven try road side... dun dare to try so i asking whether can boil the tap water or mineral water to cook bowl noodles... need to save money...

:s12::s12::s12:

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL, not i wan to complain lor... i spent around $60 for 4 days on eating lor... thats alot lor... cos i almost everyday eat restaurant, still haven try road side... dun dare to try so i asking whether can boil the tap water or mineral water to cook bowl noodles... need to save money...

:s12::s12::s12:

iyo no prob one.. but pls dont try the seafood if u hv weak stomach.. i ate on my last day.. heng heng come back sg lao sai.. hahha

other than tat the rest cook food r ok one lar..

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
iyo no prob one.. but pls dont try the seafood if u hv weak stomach.. i ate on my last day.. heng heng come back sg lao sai.. hahha

other than tat the rest cook food r ok one lar..
ok, will take note not to try roadside seafood...

so tt means most other roadside food should be safe?

how is elios room? u staying superior or standard room?

playhard

Banned
Reaction score
Oh.... Techadd....oh.... thank u so much for the ans. Dun worry I'm straight!!:s13:

Do you happen to know of any 2nd hand old watch shop in HCMC? I'm into collecting old watches... broken or working dun matter =:p:s22:

if you want to look for old watches, go to Ben Thanh Market first. Opposite Ben Thanh Market, there is a bus station, behind that station, there is a street. There are a lot of sellers selling old/damaged/new watches along the pavement of that street. You can also find watches at the next street parallel to that street.

Beware of fake watches when you buy there.

Hope that helps.

playhard

Banned
Reaction score
has any1 eaten here b4?

they say the queues after 6 is ridiculous....does it really live up to its reputation?

As I wrote in one of my posts, if you don't have time and don't know which place to go for each special vietnamese meal, Ngon Restaurant is your choice. You can enjoy there all dishes originated from North to South of Vietnam. One place for all dishes. Price there is ok. I always have lunch there whenever I come back to Vietnam.

playhard

Banned
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i on leave from 22 dec to 4 jan, and i like to go to HCM to meet a vietnamese friend that i meet online. may i know is this the good time to go there?

Christmas is a good time to visit HCMC.

different... please bring an universal adapter...

They use two pin plug only, round type.

You can boil tap water (before consume). Don't drink directly.

pyw_BXS

Reaction score
if you want to look for old watches, go to Ben Thanh Market first. Opposite Ben Thanh Market, there is a bus station, behind that station, there is a street. There are a lot of sellers selling old/damaged/new watches along the pavement of that street. You can also find watches at the next street parallel to that street.

Beware of fake watches when you buy there.

Hope that helps.

Wow seems like the streets along Ben Thanh markets have lots of stuff yeah. Oh btw you happen to know if there are any good cheap tailor nearby or in dist 1? Need to doing a replica a dress. Thanks! ;)

ahkwan

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, i jus bought 3 sunglasses for 300,000 dong... is it quite ex??? felt like kena scam... sold by the hawkers walking around de tham street...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.