[Official cycling thread]

verselines

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hope you guys can help me out. I want to do some cycling...mainly casual around parks and pavements across the country, not the adventurous 'chiong sua' sort haha.

I own an extremely old and untouched for very long BMX that has become VERY rusty..the entire handlebar is covered in rust and the frame and chain are also pretty badly rusted. I have also left the bike on the floor in my storeroom for years (!) and hence the tyres have been 'pressed'/flattened down on the same spot...

Do you guys think I should try to 'revive' my old bicycle or will I be better off getting a new one? If I'm to get a new one, would I be able to get a decent casual bike for around SGD200-250?

Thanks so much!

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aluminum will rust de.

Unless u buy a stainless steel frame.

TOO bad.I saw this GT Aggressor in ang mo kio.But the after sales service like not good.

The price is $400+++

U squeeze in abit more la but i rather get from C2C but they dont have stock..so LL lor

Last edited:

toRRez

Reaction score
hi all, got a question to ask. while cycling juz now, i notice some sound coming from my pedal.. whenever i cycle to this particular area of the pedal, i can feel got like a slight hitting.. like something is disengaged and engaged again... this is very noticeable while traveling at low speeds... is there something loose with my pedals?

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aluminum will rust de.

TOO bad.I saw this GT Aggressor in ang mo kio.But the after sales service like not good.

The price is $400+++

U squeeze in abit more la but i rather get from C2C but they dont have stock..so LL lor

aluminum won't rust but stainless steel will rust :o

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, got a question to ask. while cycling juz now, i notice some sound coming from my pedal.. whenever i cycle to this particular area of the pedal, i can feel got like a slight hitting.. like something is disengaged and engaged again... this is very noticeable while traveling at low speeds... is there something loose with my pedals?

Pedal or crankset? Could be your pedal bearing? Could be your Bottom bracket? Or slightly yr chain?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aluminum will rust de.

The price is $400+++

I haven't seen a stainless steel frame available commercially yet.

I think 2 yrs ago in the taiwan bike show, there was a Reynolds 953 stainless steel tubing on exhibition. But until now i haven seen any company adopting them yet

daph_shears

Reaction score
hi fellow cycling enthusiasts

:s7: Hi All!
Just wanna see if there is anyone like myself who is somewhat a cycling enthusiast but surrounding friends do not share common entusiastic in it..
i enjoy cycling very much, yet I do not have a decent bike of my own YET.
every now and then, would go w friend at east coast park for cycling..
i feel like i could do this every weekend.. anyone w me haha..

toRRez

Reaction score
Pedal or crankset? Could be your pedal bearing? Could be your Bottom bracket? Or slightly yr chain?

i juz went night cycling with my frens. and the clicking noise disappear.. lols. lucky if not have to cycle all the way to bike shop.

reading thru the thread, i found out that to degrease the chain, u guys normally use kerosene(correct me if im wrong), once u degrease it alr, what u guys use to grease it back? pardon me, im still learning.. =D

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i juz went night cycling with my frens. and the clicking noise disappear.. lols. lucky if not have to cycle all the way to bike shop.

reading thru the thread, i found out that to degrease the chain, u guys normally use kerosene(correct me if im wrong), once u degrease it alr, what u guys use to grease it back? pardon me, im still learning.. =D

Chain lube. But I use GT85 which is cleaner, but does not last long.

When u lube, dont lube th chain ring and cassette, just lube the links (center part the bushing there will do)

The more lube u apply, blacker your drivetrain will be.

Lao Jiaos use WD40.

remember to wash off the kerosene first.

LordEternal

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering, does anyone here do Flatland BMX and has an actual frame designed for Flatland? If so, I just wanna know how much you got your's for (picture recommended, or a description will be fine).

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s7: Hi All!
Just wanna see if there is anyone like myself who is somewhat a cycling enthusiast but surrounding friends do not share common entusiastic in it..
i enjoy cycling very much, yet I do not have a decent bike of my own YET.
every now and then, would go w friend at east coast park for cycling..
i feel like i could do this every weekend.. anyone w me haha..

Haha yours is still not consider that extreme.

Once I get my MTB,I will cycle whenever i have my free time.

No problem.Going to join hwzer or SMBF...
Friend are not that xtreme type so hard to call them out every week.

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh man everywhere sold out for GT avalanche wth...
where to buy now? all say stock coming FEW MORE WEEKS
SIANZ!
anyone saw shops selling avalanche? north side or what

Call this one at BLK 330 Ang Mo Kio(Hint u liao)

$400+++ & $500+++

Got aggressor & AVA 3.0 if i am not wrong.

I am not sure it 08/09 most likely 08.

They might not have your size.Call them or go to the shop n check.Remember to squeeze them deep deep opss....heee

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.