HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

juice14

Reaction score
hongkong gets dark very early... 6pm its quite dark already.. so i think if u wanna see sunset u might wanna go earlier .. and yah like what other says.. do ur planning abit cos peak can see symphony of lights also :D

Peak at night not much leh... Symphony of Lights from there all you can see is the running lights on buildings... for full on Laser show still need to go Avenue of Stars there with commentary

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peak at night not much leh... Symphony of Lights from there all you can see is the running lights on buildings... for full on Laser show still need to go Avenue of Stars there with commentary

yeah, but then ... after everything ... like nothing much actually ... but first timer to hk if wanna see the real symphony of lights then must go tst there la :D

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmms taking the mtr, nowadays why they wanna rush in when the ppl inside havent come out ... comparing my last trip, its so different.

tapioca

Reaction score
hi all,

can i check with you guys if Stanley is worth going in your opinion? my idea of stanley is a quiet seaside town, with good seaview, relaxing walk and a nice market...is that what it is about?

I understnad it is quite a far journey there, can i know how long does it take?

Cause if it doesn't really justify the distance, i will not go to stanley for my trip. :)

Thanks for info in advance~

travmufc

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all,

can i check with you guys if Stanley is worth going in your opinion? my idea of stanley is a quiet seaside town, with good seaview, relaxing walk and a nice market...is that what it is about?

I understnad it is quite a far journey there, can i know how long does it take?

Cause if it doesn't really justify the distance, i will not go to stanley for my trip. :)

Thanks for info in advance~

IMHO, not worth the trip if u gonna go down all the way just for stanley market/repulse bay...

Unless u are visiting Ocean Park and realise u have extra time in the evening, can drop by since its just a bit further down more. Btw, there is a very nice view of the whole area from the Ocean Park cable car as well.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, thanks for advice.

can i also ask, how long is the journey to stanley from central?
thanks.

the bus roughly takes ard 1hr.

repulsebay is quite nice, but then go there take a few pictures and there's nothing much else to be done there.. so go if u haf the time ... :D

applies to stanley too, i went once and at least i know how's the place like... so its up to u.. i mean like since u're at hongkong liao, try to squeeze a morning for stanley and repulse lor and complete ur itinerary ...

tapioca

Reaction score
hi all,

can i also check, if i were to take the star ferry from TST to Wan Chai.

From Wan Chai ferry terminal, what is the best way for me to get to Causeway bay? i think walking to causeway bay from wan chai is actually quite a distance right?"

singsv

Reaction score
my bangkok trip is cancelled thus i have changed it to Hongkong to travel next week and really need some help here.

1) im trying to understand should i stay in kowloon or HK island? kowloon/mongkok is where ladies street is right? What are the places to visit in HK island?

2) recommendations for hotels under SGD150? I have looked at Metro park mongkok, Imperial hotel and Stanford Hotel.

3) Places to visit: ladies street, fa yuan gai, the Peak and where else to go? where are the places to shop for cheap stuff?

4) hotel recommendation for macau for 1 night? not too ex ones..

limited time to gather info and would appreciate any help.

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my bangkok trip is cancelled thus i have changed it to Hongkong to travel next week and really need some help here.

1) im trying to understand should i stay in kowloon or HK island? kowloon/mongkok is where ladies street is right? What are the places to visit in HK island?

2) recommendations for hotels under SGD150? I have looked at Metro park mongkok, Imperial hotel and Stanford Hotel.

3) Places to visit: ladies street, fa yuan gai, the Peak and where else to go? where are the places to shop for cheap stuff?

4) hotel recommendation for macau for 1 night? not too ex ones..

limited time to gather info and would appreciate any help.
you should use the interactive itinerary planner in www.discoverhongkong.com since you are in a rush to gather info. the 'walks' cover a few major spots of each location.

1)again, depends on where u wanna go oftenly, from the places you stated in your post, looks like you are going to spend some time visiting ladies st., fa yuen st. so imo you can stay in Kowloon area.

2)just realise this good webby given by fellow butties recently, cheap hostels/hotels located near MTR stations.

3)If you are in a rush, u can just proceed to Citigate building for various factory outlets. If time permits, read thru the factory outlets thread in this sub-forum for more details.

4)sorry can't help you as my last visit there, i went back to HK by the last ferry straight after visiting since morning.

hope you enjoy your trip :o

singsv

Reaction score
you should use the interactive itinerary planner in www.discoverhongkong.com since you are in a rush to gather info. the 'walks' cover a few major spots of each location.

1)again, depends on where u wanna go oftenly, from the places you stated in your post, looks like you are going to spend some time visiting ladies st., fa yuen st. so imo you can stay in Kowloon area.

2)just realise this good webby given by fellow butties recently, cheap hostels/hotels located near MTR stations.

3)If you are in a rush, u can just proceed to Citigate building for various factory outlets. If time permits, read thru the factory outlets thread in this sub-forum for more details.

4)sorry can't help you as my last visit there, i went back to HK by the last ferry straight after visiting since morning.

hope you enjoy your trip :o

thank you so much..

do u guys book yr HK hotel thru' Asiaroom etc? anyone book from AsiaTravel b4?

cocotiun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, not worth the trip if u gonna go down all the way just for stanley market/repulse bay...

Unless u are visiting Ocean Park and realise u have extra time in the evening, can drop by since its just a bit further down more. Btw, there is a very nice view of the whole area from the Ocean Park cable car as well.

agree. the beaches are pathetic. if u just wanna take a peep, can take a feeder bus from the interchange. goes up the hill, and comes down. can see the nice houses owned by the rich people.

stanley market is just another pasar malam. not cheap at all

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try Metropark Macau (fr S$89) for hotel. (Hostel-no idea)

For cheap & good, can stay in Zhuhai and cross over to Macau as hotel there is cheap.

hi thanks for the reply. whats the hotel rate in Zhuhai? also to go macau from zhuhai must take ferry?

Jataro

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply. whats the hotel rate in Zhuhai? also to go macau from zhuhai must take ferry?

Hotel rates from S$30-40 for 3 star around Zhuhai-Macau border which is Gongbei.

Macau and Zhuhai is just a wall separating the two cities. Most of the tourist things such as hotels, food and shopping are just after the border. Eaten good tim sum and seafood at a fraction of hk prices in good class restaurant there.

Macau city center is just 10-15 min bus/cab ride to the border. Cab in macau is cheaper than hk & zhuhai is cheaper than macau! Moreover from hk can take ferry to Zhuhai instead of Macau.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.