[Official cycling thread]

Agent Shoots

Master Member
Reaction score
that shop is called soon hock. one of my friends already ordered a gt ava 3.0 ava vee for himself within just 2 days of reading all we had to say to this bloody -bOiTeH- fella here plus one day of going around the shops we recommended to look and try for himself.

if someone doesn't want to help himself, why bother helping him.

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya la...google your best search buddy liao.....try to use it more than waiting for us to reply.

Faster go n check on the ava before it is gone.

daph_shears

Reaction score
boo :(

i don't like the idea of gg east coast park, rent a bike and cycle alone..~
maybe next year will invest in a bike..

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s7: Hi All!
Just wanna see if there is anyone like myself who is somewhat a cycling enthusiast but surrounding friends do not share common entusiastic in it..
i enjoy cycling very much, yet I do not have a decent bike of my own YET.
every now and then, would go w friend at east coast park for cycling..
i feel like i could do this every weekend.. anyone w me haha..

I used to cycle down to ECP every weekend to unwind, think I shall start to do so again :D

fishercell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might be getting giant bike soon.....intend to cycle frm west to ecp
:(

Last edited:

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
are there any difference in the lube used in those higher end and the lower end bike shops if u bring ur bike there for them to lube up the chains?

I havent been really lubing it or anything, so thought of bringing it down to a bike shop to do so. How much normally this kind of service huh? Oh and i uhh lost my clips for my SPD, can buy the clips seperately anot?

timelf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think if you buy things from them, just ask if can use a bit of their lubricant. should be foc.

the cleats can buy one.

Agent Shoots

Master Member
Reaction score
just get a can of GT85 and ask them for tips on how to apply it, and more imptly, where NOT to use it on eg. rims, hubs. etc.

toRRez

Reaction score

My not so new retro new toy

the colour very ah beng.. lols.

eh, anyone has a map of the east side park connectors in singapore? the ones avaliable at nparks website looks confusing... me and my frens are running out of places to cycle =(

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm a new rider! hehee just had my first ride to ecp last night. Any good comfy saddler/seats to recommend? Probably not used to long hrs riding but my butt aches like hel*. Budget prob less than 100. I can't find much info on saddlers/seats from local forums

fishercell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally finish reading all the posts...more tiring than riding bike..:eek:...but definitely had learnt quite alot......

btw, i observed most of the popular brands are gt, giant, jamis etc...but seems like no one is riding on a cannondale....possible reasons??the brand is in my thoughts too but of cos other brands i feel are decent enough too for their specs n price for their individual model. higher end bikes >1k, still thinking wanna hoot or not e.g. giant anthem 3, S or even XTC SE...:o

i know frame is the top priority when choosing a bike, so how can i compare the frame and other components when buying a new stock bike?

or i shld just go out n hoot 1 bike, go cycling straightaway and just enjoy!
:crazy::crazy:

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know why GT bike is so popular in MTB community?

From my point of view,

I guess the GT bike is consider entry level bike.You compare the part & the frame.

I guess alot of people have the mentality that polygon bike made in indo,frame looks cheap,not popular....

Even myself,when i went to LBS to look at the GT bike.I am so ***** in love with it.

Cannondale the price range around $800.I guess people rather buy GT & upgrade to better part.

*Note why i compare GT & Polygon.Cause the price is just $150 difference.

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Do you know why GT bike is so popular in MTB community?

From my point of view,

I guess the GT bike is consider entry level bike.You compare the part & the frame.

I guess alot of people have the mentality that polygon bike made in indo,frame looks cheap,not popular....

Even myself,when i went to LBS to look at the GT bike.I am so ***** in love with it.

Cannondale the price range around $800.I guess people rather buy GT & upgrade to better part.

*Note why i compare GT & Polygon.Cause the price is just $150 difference.
Hi monk! I'm also looking at GT bikes, the Ava 2.0 and 3.0. U seen the GT bikes at LBS alrdy? How muchie is the 2.0 and 3.0 09 version eh??

fishercell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw the cannondale f series models, their specs is like all using dedicated cannondale parts........is that why their componenets are harder to upgrade/replace in future?

in fact, i oso had my eyes on gt ava 3.0 disc :love:, but still looking at other options e.g. jamis, which seems not bad too :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.