Advice on Penang

khenwooi

Reaction score
penang

i might be going down to penang in abt 2 weeks.
think going to take budget. seems like its the cheapest.

how was bayview hotel??
any other good hotels to recommend along georgetown?
prefably not too expensive..like evergreen laurel?
thankss..

suangern

Reaction score
There is a bus available to travel to the ferry terminal, can't remember the number, if i am not wrong, its U101, if not you can choose the take a cab, its rather expensive there, do bargain hard
i think he or she is referring to langkawi ferry terminal to langkawi cable car station. U101 should be rapid penang bus route.

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried G hotel before

how was bayview hotel??
thankss..

G hotel is quite convenient as they are on Gurney drive and just next to the hawkers there. also a shopping complex next to it.

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how was bayview hotel??
thankss..

Bayview is near the coast north of Georgetown, if ur floor is high enough , can see the sea

there are many night spots in walking distance .. there's also the Red garden hawker centre nearby

Bayview rooms are quite spacious

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G hotel is quite convenient as they are on Gurney drive and just next to the hawkers there. also a shopping complex next to it.

i also ate at the hawker mentioned by u .. 1 min walk from Gurney plaza :D

fourarms

Reaction score
Bro ferry quite ex. Think it is abt RM 50 one way. 4 hr journey. Not sure if u want to do as a day trip.

But the cable car is the best in terms of view and it is a adventure by itself. Just took few days ago:D

We have 3 days in Penang, thought we might as well hop over to Langkawi. Hard to make another long trip like this with 3 toddlers in tow. Is there no cheaper ferry service available?

How will the weather usually be like this time of the year (end December)?

fourarms

Reaction score
Is the Penang Hill funicular railway up - heard it was closed for renovation/repair?

Is there any cheap laundry service available in GeorgeTown? Nearing the end of our extended trip, probably need to do this before we head home.

khenwooi

Reaction score
hey guys...
thanks.
and i guess the cheapest flight is via airasia transitting in kl>>
anyone has other cheaper flight alternatives??
it will roughly cost me 230.

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys...
thanks.
and i guess the cheapest flight is via airasia transitting in kl>>
anyone has other cheaper flight alternatives??
it will roughly cost me 230.

confirm no flight direct from sg to penang?

Jaypct

Reaction score
Malaysia Airline and Singapore Airline have daily flight from Singapore to Penang, but its very expensive, works out to be about $400 per pax inclusive of taxes.

Cheaper alternative is to fly KL and transist using air asia or depart from JB senai airport

i believe silkair/SIA got direct flight from sg to penang

Jaypct

Reaction score
Is the Penang Hill funicular railway up - heard it was closed for renovation/repair?

Is there any cheap laundry service available in GeorgeTown? Nearing the end of our extended trip, probably need to do this before we head home.

The rail up to Penang Hill is not in service till Janunary (repair), thats what i heard from the locals there.

Not too sure of laundry, but if you do need to move around in Penang, i do have this Taxi uncle who can sent you around at a cheaper price, PM me if you do need the contact.

khenwooi

Reaction score
Malaysia Airline and Singapore Airline have daily flight from Singapore to Penang, but its very expensive, works out to be about $400 per pax inclusive of taxes.

Cheaper alternative is to fly KL and transist using air asia or depart from JB senai airport

thanks thanks..
thats prob what i will do.
transit at kl. :)

khenwooi

Reaction score
a return trip will cost me abt 230 sdg. transitting at kl using air asia. best deal i can find.
still about 150 bucks cheaper then MAS or SQ.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If a beach resort is required. Choose one between Batu Ferringhi and Georgetown. Those on Tanjung Bungah comes to mind. Of notable mention is Paradise Beach Resort.

macb0y

Reaction score
hi, sorry for digging up old thread,

will be going penang next week 16-18sept and stay at bayview hotel.
is the hotel location good? any recommendation for food and massage there?

thanks a million :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.