[Official cycling thread]

qwerty_hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi , any one went b4 recently?

suddenly like alot thing change leh. the track from the visitor entrance dere like becum wider.

btw, how u all find the bt o0.3km downhill section? i find tt part super steep leh. i owaes push down one. cos the path dere rite,

i rmb the right side is log, then left side like gt pothhole lidda. i scare my front wheel gt struck and then endo .

qwerty_hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lai lai experts, need ur opinion
first time buying entry level hardtail
considering between
1)giant iguana
heard a few positive comments n reviews
2)GT ava 3.0
seem to b quite popular for some reason n got quite a number or positve comments
3)cannondale f7
first time i saw i fell in love with it liao but cant really find much reviews on it

any advices experts?
:s11:

gt ava is nt bad. but then its veri common liao. everytime i go cycle oso will see at least 1 de.
cannodale f7 quite ok for tt price la. but then the parts nt really tt worth for the price paid.

but its ur prefence oso. see which one u like just hoot can liao

gdylp2004

Reaction score
Hi, it seems that there is alot of pro cyclist here.

Does anyone knows where I could get the below mentioned tail lights in Singapore? I've asked many bike dealers but they all claim they dont carry this product, so sad~. Anyone here knows where to purchase it in a BRAND NEW form?

Much help would be deeply appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Planet Bike® Superflash Stealth™ (Clear Cover/ Black Case) Red Tail Lights‏
  • New color scheme, same great Superflash
  • ½-watt Blaze™ LED plus 2 eXtreme LEDs for visibility up to 1 mile
  • Unique, eye-catching flash pattern
  • Flashing and steady mode
  • “SuperFlash” mode is highly visible, even in daylight
  • Ultra compact vertical design is weatherproof, lightweight and durable
  • Includes bike mounts and clip mount for multiple mounting options
  • Up to 100 hours of run time on 2 AAA batteries (included)
The following are the pictures of the tail light. (A picture paints a thousand words)

3034_1.jpg
2404816554_55ef1494fd_o.jpg

I've also attached a video. (A video clip paints a thousand pictures)

Last edited:

boi boi

Reaction score
Just Crashed...

I just came back from cycling, kinda training for OCBC cycle next year..My bike is Scott Speedster S60

Was sprinting along Changi Coast Road, then I saw a small group of cyclists who looked like the casual night cyclists in front of me, over took the first pair, then didnt focus my attention on the 10m ahead of me anymore after that, kinda just looking at my own wheels kinda perspective, and before i knew it, BANG...

Crashed into another cyclist from that group in front, my front wheel just like slotted into the cyclist's rear wheel...*******....

Its all my fault though, and I did apologise, but I was ****ing cursing and swearing in my own head at that time...damn it...

Suffered a few bruises on both knees and a bruise on my right arm, not much damage to my bike though, JUST A ******* FLAT FRONT TIRE....*******..I stay in Pasir Ris lor...how to walk home??!??!?!?!....

Lucky managed to hail a cab after a short while...

Lesson learnt, never be too complacent when ure cycling...

ok...end of WALL OF TEXTZ :o

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
recently got this bike too, but ordered it from Amazon

Does anyone knows where I could get the below mentioned tail lights in Singapore? I've asked many bike dealers but they all claim they dont carry this product, so sad~. Anyone here knows where to purchase it in a BRAND NEW form?

SuperDecker

Reaction score
recently got this bike too, but ordered it from Amazon

If ordering alone, its quite expensive...US$17+ for the taillights + another US$32 for shipping charges.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tail lights don't get too bright, if not very irritating for the riders behind

If want to be safe, use more lights, make yourself until like a christmas tree

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not as bad as some imagine. I have rode behind friends with this rear light and never I have found it to be irritating.

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I want to "raise" the height of my handle bar, i need to change my handle bar and stem? Do i need to change my fork, front suspension too?

Last edited:

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
wah knn.. just spent 1 hr doing trackstand.. abit of wheelie also.. do until my palm pain liao.. so hard to keep balance.. i tried bunny hop but like mind ****.. cant coordinate the movement.. the front cannot lift high enough also :( the back totally like stick to the grd.. :(

i noe how to hop 2 wheels off the grd like for 3 inch? but bunny hop ish rike another league :(

how mans? :(

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I want to "raise" the height of my handle bar, i need to change my handle bar and stem? Do i need to change my fork, front suspension too?
change to a riser bar.. if ur steerer tube allow.. stack more spacer to raise the stack height.. alternatively can change the stem also.. higher rise stem = higher handle bar, but steering will be more twitchy..

or can mix the 3 tgt.. cfm raise high high :o

:)

qwer71

Reaction score
anyone noe what the market price for GT aggresor and GT outpost?
what type of mtb suitable for...

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
can i ask whether XTR M951 is 8 or 9 spd? cos my fren one currently running 8 spd, i wonder can go 9 spd anot.. sexpert pls.. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.