HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

singsv

Reaction score
Hotel rates from S$30-40 for 3 star around Zhuhai-Macau border which is Gongbei.

Macau and Zhuhai is just a wall separating the two cities. Most of the tourist things such as hotels, food and shopping are just after the border. Eaten good tim sum and seafood at a fraction of hk prices in good class restaurant there.

Macau city center is just 10-15 min bus/cab ride to the border. Cab in macau is cheaper than hk & zhuhai is cheaper than macau! Moreover from hk can take ferry to Zhuhai instead of Macau.

Hi Jataro,

Do you have any names for these hotels at gongbei area?
checked on asiatravel and pyo abt $80.

And,

Can I check is this the only way to get to Zhuhai from HongKong?
http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/ship_schedule/main.html

All ferries do charge for luggage?
China Ferry Terminal means the one at Tsimshstsui right?

Many thanks

Jataro

Reaction score
Do you have any names for these hotels at gongbei area?
checked on asiatravel and pyo abt $80.

Can I check is this the only way to get to Zhuhai from HongKong?
http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/ship_schedule/main.html

All ferries do charge for luggage?
China Ferry Terminal means the one at Tsimshstsui right?

I think pyo and asiatravel don't have 2 & 3 star hotels. Can't remember the hotel names. If not going on weekends and holiday, can book there if you just want simple lodging. Can try this website:
http://www.chinahotelsreservation.com/Zhuhai/Hotels_2.html

Yes for ferry this is the only way from HK to ZH.

Don't worry, no charge for luaggage.

Yes China F Terminal is at TST, habout city there.

YanG85

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if shops are opened during the cny period???

then transport wise, easy to get cab during cny period??

abutan

Reaction score
Anyone just came back from there? How is the weather there? Is it hazey as well? Thks.

Hi, I just came back last week, the weather was shiok!

Ranging from 12 degrees to 18 degrees . Just like walking in air con room when you're out on the streets.

tingdong2

Reaction score
i hv a rtn ticket from spore to hk, departing by the earliest flight and returning by the latest flight from 14 - 16 feb 09. i'm selling it at $250. interested can email me at pszu@hotmail.com

storytell

Reaction score
My trip is coming :s12: Dec 26 faster come ...

Jus touch Singapore after my 8 days trip. Enjoy ur trip there.. Hong Kong is not as cold as you though.. but if u are heading to The Peak, Lantua Island.. remember to bring a jacket.. cos its really windy with cold breeze.. Macau is also a place where jacket is need... in most of the places.

Feel free to go to our blog to view our hong kong trip pictures at http://www.magwill.blogspot.com (Stay tune for my winter hongkong, macau, zhu hai pictures)

icetea8

Reaction score
I'm in Hong Kong now and the temperature is 15 degree C, and is expected to dip to 11 degree C tomorrow morning. I have been enjoying the relatively cooler climate all day in a polo shirt, while the rest of my family is all wrapped up in winter jackets.

The wind at times can be quite strong and chilly though, so a jacket will certainly come in handy.

ng_ck

Reaction score
I'm in Hong Kong now and the temperature is 15 degree C, and is expected to dip to 11 degree C tomorrow morning. I have been enjoying the relatively cooler climate all day in a polo shirt, while the rest of my family is all wrapped up in winter jackets.

The wind at times can be quite strong and chilly though, so a jacket will certainly come in handy.

hi!

i hv been in hk on 22/12 and just touch down this early morning. the first few days quite cooling. but from x'max eve nite onwards, it started became warm. really start to sweat liao. now back in singapore, wah liu, lagi hot ah. beh tahan liao

ng_ck

Reaction score
who were affected by the airport ground staff's strike on 27 Dec ??

i was so worried when i heard this news as i was leaving on the 27/12. my wife said dun worri lah. if they strike oso boh bian =:p. heng when i reach airport abt 6pm. everything was fine :D

Jo_Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was so worried when i heard this news as i was leaving on the 27/12. my wife said dun worri lah. if they strike oso boh bian =:p. heng when i reach airport abt 6pm. everything was fine :D

lucky u...i'm leaving HK on 5 jan nite flight..heard that there is another
union meeting on that day..really must hope the outcome of the meeting
is in favor of the ground staff.

ng_ck

Reaction score
lucky u...i'm leaving HK on 5 jan nite flight..heard that there is another
union meeting on that day..really must hope the outcome of the meeting
is in favor of the ground staff.

bro, dun wori lah. everything will be fine lah. just enjoy ur trip there and do listen to the news lor. mayb hv to go to the airport slightly earlier. enjoy man!

so now how the weather there?

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bro stayed at this RaiLei Hotel (MK) before?

Wanna look for a budget hotel below $80.

Can't find any review for this budget hotel, but the location looks good,
near to MK MTR, near to train station too... can take the train go shenzhen.

http://www.179.hk/Cusac_RaiLei_Hotel_EN.html
never stay there before but had experience staying in budget hostel like this, e.g. Wellyet hotel in TST and Dragonhostel in Mk.

basically, if you dont mind the pathetic floor area of the room,
such places are really great for accommodation as they are near to MTR exits and v v v cheap.

there are many of such kinds in Mongkok and TST area actually, given from this website u used.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if im not wrong now will start to have some rainy days in HK. just came back last sat, and my aunt over there told me the next few days after we left will be quite rainy, so i guess im lucky to experience my fav cold weather there for my whole trip! :D

Jo_Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, dun wori lah. everything will be fine lah. just enjoy ur trip there and do listen to the news lor. mayb hv to go to the airport slightly earlier. enjoy man!

so now how the weather there?

weather is cooling here...around 16c during daytime..sometimes will still
perspire if walk too fast :D:D nitetime is abt 12c...can be quite cold if
got some wind blowing..

gamermic

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm thinking of going Hong Kong...
Any good Air Fare from major airlines to recommend?
Tried SIA and Cathay....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.