IKOMA Japanese classes

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! Ah_Keong here....

u can call me Zack...

Currently I am studying in IKOMA Basic 1 class - Term 2
sidetrack a bit, I also studied in JCS Elementary Intensive Class in 2007, planning 2 take on JCS intermediate this year...

I find many ppl study in IKOMA, so i decided 2 start a thread 4 IKOMA ex-students, current students and prospective students....

This thread is created with a intention to ask, share, discuss topics related to IKOMA school topics...

Happy New Year 2009! and Have fun learning Japanese whenever and whereever u are! :D

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
おもしろそう! 

イコマで勉強するのを検討したことがあります。結局、ブンカにしました。
細かい理由は忘れてしまいました。そこでインタ4までやりました。 :)

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BUNKA!!

do tell me more abt it too!! maybe offline or i go create another thread for BUNKA... :D

hpoirot

Reaction score
I'm a new student at Ikoma. Going to join the Int-1 class this month. I have a question for current Ikoma students. How do we keep track of our class schedules? Like whether there's a break next week or not etc... is there a calendar of some sort that we can print?

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
during my 1st lesson, they will give u some stuff and in it there is this paper about the sechdules so i believe u can ask from them the paper if u don have it... :D

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In 1st lesson, the sensei will give out time table sheet. It will indicate the lessons + break.

Adventia

Reaction score
For my case ,the receptionist gave the schedule to me before my lessons start.

WillieTan

Reaction score
hey care to share some exp? I'm contemplating on taking Jap.. I dont have friends taking so it might be hard to practise and stuff.. will the knowledge die off? haha.. I do watch Anime and jap dramas tho.

If I were to take part time course, 1 week once lesson. How long to complete Basic? (1 term is $260, does 1 term refers to 1 month?)

iolanthe

Reaction score
Ikoma's Basic 1 has 2 terms. 1 term has 12 lessons, so it is about 3 months. :)

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ikoma's Basic 1 has 2 terms. 1 term has 12 lessons, so it is about 3 months. :)

Actually, this has to depend on the time duration of the class.

1 term for 12 lessons means that each lesson is 2.5 hrs.

If each lesson is 3 hrs, then 1 term will have 10 lessons.

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey care to share some exp? I'm contemplating on taking Jap.. I dont have friends taking so it might be hard to practise and stuff.. will the knowledge die off? haha.. I do watch Anime and jap dramas tho.

If I were to take part time course, 1 week once lesson. How long to complete Basic? (1 term is $260, does 1 term refers to 1 month?)

Basically, basic 1 & basic 2 makes up the whole basic course.

Both Basic 1 & 2 have 2 terms each.

iolanthe

Reaction score
:p I didn't take basic japanese in Ikoma, so I was lifting it off from their website. ^^; Didn't know they had part time classes with 3hrs/class. :)

mojack

Reaction score
To add on PingJun's posts, each term consists of 10 lesssons. In short, to complete the Basic course, you will have to complete 40 lessons. Depending on whether part time or full time, the completion duration differs and if you were to take part time, one lesson will be held each week. So it'll takes about 2.5 mths to complete one term going by the part-time pace.

Each term should cost $280 instead of $260, unless they have cut down the fees which IMO is a great thing for people who are interested in learning Japanese.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.