[Official cycling thread]

ExistXz

Reaction score
Hmm i need some advise on a a guy getting a ladies frame bike.

I found a bike i really like - GTw Avalanche 3.0 09 Model [XS] size. The size is perfect for me just that it's a ladies frame. I am a 1.62m tall guy who is small built. I'm about 50kg only. What are things to test for to see whether the frame is suitable for me?

Yup i really like the frame and the upgrades that the owner is willing to let go together in the bundle, but the only thing holding me back is the frame. So do you guys have any input on this?

Thanks so much.

Alpha_Hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm i need some advise on a a guy getting a ladies frame bike.

I found a bike i really like - GTw Avalanche 3.0 09 Model [XS] size. The size is perfect for me just that it's a ladies frame. I am a 1.62m tall guy who is small built. I'm about 50kg only. What are things to test for to see whether the frame is suitable for me?

Yup i really like the frame and the upgrades that the owner is willing to let go together in the bundle, but the only thing holding me back is the frame. So do you guys have any input on this?

Thanks so much.

1.62m maybe S? XS is okay la.:o

ExistXz

Reaction score
i tried it. the frame seems to fit me. when i straddle it there is about 2-3 inches clearance. when seated, and when my foot is on the lowest part of the paddle, my knee is fully extended. so it seems to be the correct size. but i'm not sure about the geometry of a women's frame. whether it'll be suitable.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
more heads up

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplac...8&page_id=1&done=list_ads.php?cid=3&page_id=1

gt avalanche 3.0

model 2005

colour black/grey/orange/lining

size m

deore xt rear d(less than 1mth old)

deore lx v'brakes(less than 1mth old)

deore 9spd shifter(less than 1mth old)

deore brake lever(less than 1mth old)

wellgo platform pedal(less than 1mth old)

new cable n grey cable housing(less than 1mth old)

wtb grip(less than 1mth old)

panaracer razor xc 2.1 tyre,flat knob type(less than 1mth old)

rockshox judy(red/black tube)

truvativ shorty stem n azonic riser bar

sr suntour crank

alex dm18 rim lace to ritchey hub(take note rear hub need to send for servicing to reload the grease for smoother ride, but anyway still can ride.)

sms if interested,overalll still looking gd as i spend most of the time on road.

Price : SGD 500

fujin

Reaction score
i tried it. the frame seems to fit me. when i straddle it there is about 2-3 inches clearance. when seated, and when my foot is on the lowest part of the paddle, my knee is fully extended. so it seems to be the correct size. but i'm not sure about the geometry of a women's frame. whether it'll be suitable.

since u mentioned u tried, did u feel that u were over arcing the handle bar?

ExistXz

Reaction score
since u mentioned u tried, did u feel that u were over arcing the handle bar?

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean arcing in the sense where if my hands go beyond the handle bar then i have to arc my back to compensate?

If that's what you mean, no i didnt feel that..

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after.jpg

dear friends, i need ur help. My bicycle juz got stolen near lavandar. If u happen to c pls contact me at 90062705. the body of my bike got a self made sticker named "IXALION" not any default sticker tat came with the bike. All the sticker shown above is self printed by me. You can stop tat cyclist n ask him wat does "IXALION" means..

ans : masked rider IXA's bike name.

thanks alot guys.

Last edited:

weiding

Reaction score
hi, i am getting an entry level mtb.
now i left with two choices. GT aggressor or Jamis Trail X2.
i need some advice on which bike to get.
Which one is more durable, have better parts and value for money.
Or which other bicycle models do you guys recommend that is in the same price range.

Last edited:

ivantcs

Reaction score
no its M951 not M952.. i noe M952 is 9 spd.. but M951?? no info one leh :s22:

if i'm not wrong shimano made 950 and 951 as 8speed first
but 9 speed came out soon after that then they start making 952 and 953 as 9speed before they redesign the grouppo.
just like 970 and 971 rear d is the same design but one is low normal one is high normal.
one year later they came out with the shadow so they make it 972

ivantcs

Reaction score
wah knn.. just spent 1 hr doing trackstand.. abit of wheelie also.. do until my palm pain liao.. so hard to keep balance.. i tried bunny hop but like mind ****.. cant coordinate the movement.. the front cannot lift high enough also :( the back totally like stick to the grd.. :(

i noe how to hop 2 wheels off the grd like for 3 inch? but bunny hop ish rike another league :(

how mans? :(

you learning on platform or clipless? dont learn with clipless, no use.
dont learn on flat. try a very low kerb. maybe half the height of normal kerb and try
if you learning on xc bike, start from street bike if you can borrow or what. alot easier

Last edited:

hdrcorp

Reaction score
Hi guys, would like to find out what is a good frame for a stunt bike. My current bike is not really good for stunts.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
you learning on platform or clipless? dont learn with clipless, no use.
dont learn on flat. try a very low kerb. maybe half the height of normal kerb and try
if you learning on xc bike, start from street bike if you can borrow or what. alot easier
wat? dun learn with flat dun learn with clipless? then learn with no pedals? :s22:

i using platform.. no street bike to borrow rah~

Auggie

Master Member
Reaction score
any buttie here got suggestion how to touch up small scratches for a matt finish bike.

I know TheoDR suggested using nail polish but i am not sure do they have matt finish type of nail polish xD

hdrcorp

Reaction score
Matt finish spray paint?

No one rides stunt bike here? I really want to learn. So far can only pull the front of the bike up.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any buttie here got suggestion how to touch up small scratches for a matt finish bike.

I know TheoDR suggested using nail polish but i am not sure do they have matt finish type of nail polish xD

The first scratch is the most painful, don't worry about it. After a few scratches, u wont bother anymore.

If u don't want scratches, dont ride the bike

Auggie

Master Member
Reaction score
The first scratch is the most painful, don't worry about it. After a few scratches, u wont bother anymore.

If u don't want scratches, dont ride the bike
lol yes i agree with u but should i touch up to prevent it from rusting since it could be exposed to air now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.