[Official cycling thread]

iceboy1183

Banned
Reaction score
Stolen? tats like quite common..btw wat type of lock is the best? Seems like those big and thick metal chains like can easily cut also..:(

Is the Xtrada's<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display:block; width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">
Stolen? tats like quite common..btw wat type of lock is the best? Seems like those big and thick metal chains like can easily cut also..:(

Is the Xtrada's shocks also soft? Thinking whether the Wheeler Pro19 2009 or Merida 40V will be better, but surely more ex.. :o

for me.. after my Astroz was stolen.. i didnt bother going bike shop get locks
i went to DIY shops.. or those hardware shops.. and bought 3 chains.. 2 long 1 medium length.. and 3 locks.. total about 120$(3 locks alone already 90+ lol)

heavy as hell.. but it does scares off the theives
cos i parked it outside bedok mrt(where my Astroz was stolen) left it there for 7 hours.. still intact :D

and in regards to the Xtrada's shocks.. im not sure myself.. havent actually rode one.. but since i saw someone used it to jump at tampines bike park.. should be hard enough la yep.. :D

Last edited:

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u really want to get one. Carrefour have but the air bottle is damm big.

I don't know about the price of it sold at Carrefour, but my friend got one selling at the same brand bike outlet in the very big supermarket in Tampines which is almost $20 more than the one I got at a LBS. Exactly the same model. Unless they adjusted the price later.

Last edited:

timelf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the air horn is very loud...don't believe place your ear beside and horn. lol

it's so loud that it's only good for emergency use. anyhow horn people/vehicles will be very irritating cos it's almost as loud as car horn.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
not tourney.. lol.. deore all over.. which i believe is a mid level part yes?

so what do you guys think? i kenna rip off?
deore.. u sure? then still ok.. deore is entry xc liao.. but ur frame not worth much..

iceboy1183

Banned
Reaction score
yeah.. checked.. deore all over.. lol.. aiya. all in all the bike's serving me well

but a little confused on why it was on sale at 1080??

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nvm a bike is a bike no matter the components. Later can upgrade mah :o go polish up your stamina and leg muscles 1st :D

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
Recent weather is very good for commuter like me! Sunny and no rain. Haha..
Unlike last year, su ga su ga will rain and spoil my commuting :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.