[Official cycling thread]

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shimano parts all over with judy shocks.. surprising eh...? but so far so goodno problems at all.. bring to tampines bike park trash also nothing happen

RS judy stop production for dunno how long liao.

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Component did play a part. U see those good bike, same motion of stroke but different speed.

Yea, agreed. Sometimes when I go cycling at ECP, go past some of those lousy rented bikes at the small hill stretch between bedok jetty towards the airport. See those riders on lousy rented bikes going up the small slope slowly with a lot of effort. I just switch to the correct gearing and can effortlessly overtake them. And before reaching that portion, I would have at least covered over 10km already. I am not even riding a high end bike, just an acceptable mid level one.

PS. If you are really thinking of upgrading later, better get one mid level one at least. You may encounter incompatibility issues if the bike is too low end such as the inner diameter of head tube for a lot of low end ones "marketbikes" are of 1" diameter while most modern suspension forks' steerer tubes are of 1 1/8" diameter. 6 and 7 speed wheelhubs are also unable to fit 8 or 9 speeds cassettes.

Last edited:

iceboy1183

Banned
Reaction score
sian... anyway, where got sell cheap mud guards that can mount on the seat bar itself.. cos the ones at the LBS near my place.. 16$ for front and back.. but is mount on my grip release.. i dont like.. then the one at rodalink east coast cost 40$ just for the back one...

any alternatives?

Last edited:

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian... anyway, where got sell cheap mud guards that can mount on the seat bar itself.. cos the ones at the LBS near my place.. 16$ for front and back.. but is mount on my grip release.. i dont like.. then the one at rodalink east coast cost 40$ just for the back one...

any alternatives?

Where is the seat bar and where is the grip release?:s11:

iceboy1183

Banned
Reaction score
DSC00190.jpg

seat bar is the seat saddle below that bar lor

grip release.. is the thing you pull open then adjust the seat height
problem with that 16$ one is.. if it doesnt fit.. then the LBS dude will use some metal thing and make the grip release hole bigger.. in the end screw up the whole grip release

timelf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought people usually called them seat post and seat clamp or quick release seat clamp?

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, the standard name of those parts are Seat Post and Seat Quick Release. When I saw Seat Bar, I was wondering are you referring to the seat rails, seat post, seat tube or seat strays? Then the the grips are located at the both ends of the handle bars, so how to attached the mud guard in that area?

I think those Aleoca outlets at supermarkets (carrefour/giant) do have some rather cheap mud guards, though I am unable to quote you the price.

ravenintiate

Reaction score
hey guys, i wanna start cycling, mayb around the house areas first. which part should i get ar? should i get those foldable one? around how much ar^^

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i wanna start cycling, mayb around the house areas first. which part should i get ar? should i get those foldable one? around how much ar^^

People who buy foldable bike is those who has storage problem or wanted to use together with public transport.

If u have no such problem. I suggest u just buy mountain bic will do.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.