EDMW Knife Collectors

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you put it inside check in luggage its not really a problem. i brought in a schrade blade from aus to singapore. just dont put it inside hand carry obviously. foldable knives under 4" are okay i think, unless they changed the law.

yes still true :)

dreamztheone

Reaction score
hi all knife experts....do you all know where got sell butterfly knives? or better known as balisong..

shaheenjamal

Reaction score
balisongs are highly illegal. only place its legal is a few states in america and other countries liek thailand or wherever. any blade that is easy to conceal and quick draw is illegal. which makes sense in theory, but stupid in real life cause kitchen blades can be quite as easily concealed and theyre fixed.

shaheenjamal

Reaction score
i presume there is no chance of getting it in singapore then?

nope. i couldnt even find any illegally in australia.i could find switch blades, but not balisongs.but i had 1 a long time ago, my fathers one.. used to do all those tricks and stuff as well. really miss it.

grenharware

Reaction score
yo bros,

I've been following this thread for a while, very interesting!

I've got a SOG Tech Bowie in black TiNi coating that I can sell. It's here: http://sogknives.com/store/S10B.html

Anyone interested let me know! :s7:

DSC07028.jpg

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
I was searching the net while cleaning and oiling my knives and bumped into this thread. Nice to know there are fellow collectors in Singapore. I'm mostly into folders, especially Spyderco. I don't have much of a collection but here are a few of them. Sorry for poor quality of pics, used my mobile phone.

Spyderco Impala (currently discontinued)

Spyderco White Collection (Sprint Run, 1200pcs)

Spyderco Manix (Sprint Run 600pcs) & Native Plain and Serr.

Spyderco Rookie (Sprint run 1200pcs), 1 more on the way to SG

Spyderco All Black Delica & Endura

Spyderco Pink Series Delica

Lonerider

Reaction score
Victorinox Cadet (currenty discontinued) 3 more on the way to SG
A few more...

My pride and joy... Benchmade Skirmish (discontinued, 1st prod. 1000pcs)

My EDC, Kershaw "Needs Work"

Would love to see what you guys have in your stash...

Lonerider

Lonerider

Reaction score
It's using a linerlock. Not my favourite type of lock but it does the job. The Skirmish has something similar but instead of a liner one side of the handle frame bends in to lock it (frame lock). The Kershaw was an impulse buy... Saw it was cheap so just grabbed it.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Lonerider, nice collection of spydies.. I'm looking to get the tenacious. Any comments on these? Mind telling me where to get them?

Lonerider

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments... Seriously this is a hobby that can leave you broke. I avoid keeping track of how much I spend. I think most guys are like that. If my wife knows she'll hang me by my b@lls! So I don't have exact prices. As a user the Tenacious is a great option for USD30. Spyderco has one of the best quality control and customer service in the industry.

The Tenacious is their only made in China knife that is under Spyderco brand, the other ones all bear the Byrd brand but the quality is still superb. The steel is a Chinese made steel and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Don't be deceived by online pics. That knife is HUGE! second only to my Manix which is one of their biggest model. Its a liner lock, I don't really like that as it is not so secure. Check youtube for the review video. There's 2 videos where the reviewer got cut badly by it. Not the knifes' fault lah, they were careless. All Spydercos comes out from the box razor sharp. I used to have a video of me shaving with one. The handle is G10, very grippy, feels a bit rubbery. If your hands are covered with blood or oil G10 is a good choice, avoid SS or aluminium, very slippery. Carbon fibre is somewhere in between but it does have the cool factor.

For the benefit of others... You dun need a permit to bring knives in, unless it's for selling or retail. eBay is a good place to buy, careful of online stores. KnifeWorks is a great site, recommended... Accept PayPal too. As long as its a legal knife it should come in fine... Go check online what that means, Some of my knives got stopped by custom so had to collect at Paya Lebar SingPost Centre. If its fixed blades you may need to collect from Cantonment A&E so I try to avoid buying them. If I need to rob a bank one day, a parang I can just buy locally but for this can of stuff its cheaper online. Sheares prices are for rich people. I can't afford them but maybe you can. I can't blame them since they got rental and such but sometimes really a bit too much.

Some of the knives are up for sale/trade or already sold. The pink one was traded for another knife. That's what I usually do when I dun have cash for new toys. The black blades are up for sale and reserved, also to fund new knife. Hope I dun get aeroplaned by buyer. Too "tacticool" for me lah black blades. Looks weird carrying it when I wear shirt and pants to work. Oh yeah, knives are good investments if you buy carefully. Safer than banks I feel... A good knife should appreciate around 10% per annum if you keep it well. Just make sure GF and wife don't know how much they cost.

To bro xxDragonXX PM replied... Please contact me thru PM, I need a Fenix to catch monkeys and fishing purposes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.