Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi berzy!

you might wanna try out Crossroad's Bijou 2 or 3, or the Denon C252 at Jaben.

Bijou 2 has more bass. while 3 is more balanced. I'm using a Bijou 3, after using it for a while, i'm starting to find the highs a bit harsh and sharp for my ears, so it might not be truly balanced after all.

go audition them, we all have different ears :)

Last edited:

berzy

Reaction score
hi berzy!

you might wanna try out Crossroad's Bijou 2 or 3, or the Denon C252 at Jaben.

Bijou 2 has more bass. while 3 is more balanced. I'm using a Bijou 3, after using it for a while, i'm starting to find the highs a bit harsh and sharp for my ears, so it might not be truly balanced after all.

go audition them, we all have different ears :)

thanks for the advice. any idea how much does a C252 cost?

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i have no idea, sorry. i saw a comment on Jaben forums that they were bang-for-bucks, that's why i recommended them to you, but my guess is less than $100. the Bijous are also less than 100 also :)

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score

theres a offer at jaben, C252+bijou+fio amp at 99bucks.

I have bijou 3 too, i'm still burning them now after 60hours, clarity has improved but the highs like a forumers said, are too sharp, listen too long would cause fatigue. But when i initially hear bijou out of the box, it was worst.

Also if you want built quality, don't go for the crossroad bijou, they have high failing rate although there's warranty.

Else u can also consider sennheiser cx300 which is a lower end cx500.

But at $100, there's isn't a whole lot to audition. Earlier this mth had the same budget as u, i got the bijous, still i wan it burned in before i judge it.

berzy

Reaction score
theres a offer at jaben, C252+bijou+fio amp at 99bucks.

I have bijou 3 too, i'm still burning them now after 60hours, clarity has improved but the highs like a forumers said, are too sharp, listen too long would cause fatigue. But when i initially hear bijou out of the box, it was worst.

Also if you want built quality, don't go for the crossroad bijou, they have high failing rate although there's warranty.

Else u can also consider sennheiser cx300 which is a lower end cx500.

But at $100, there's isn't a whole lot to audition. Earlier this mth had the same budget as u, i got the bijous, still i wan it burned in before i judge it.

decide against having bijou..... the build is the reason.... :(

berzy

Reaction score
checked out the price for you, it's $49.

the bundle mentioned by bro angel99999 is quite worth it :)

Heard about bijous high failure rate too...... sound good but very disappointing build......
Might try the Denon but i already meeting the Magicsound PL-30 seller tomolo to test will decide after i test the pl-30.... hmmmmm if all is disappointing might want to up my budget....
:(

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard about bijous high failure rate too...... sound good but very disappointing build......
Might try the Denon but i already meeting the Magicsound PL-30 seller tomolo to test will decide after i test the pl-30.... hmmmmm if all is disappointing might want to up my budget....

i wanted to get pl-30 initially too, but i see the design not trendy at all, especially the colors they use to differentiate L/R are red/blue.
Also i do know that most pl-30 sold in SG are imports, so warranty wise it's none unless buyers give personal warranty.

For audio stuffs, i would really recommand u go hear the BEST stuff for yourself first, maybe say audition a UE superfi 10. Because like me, i once though cx300 was very good until i heard better.

And don't really go judge a earphone opened in a box, most earphones requires burning in.

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hope my bijou don't bust so soon :D

take your time to try out different stuff...but watch your wallet :)

berzy

Reaction score
hope my bijou don't bust so soon :D

take your time to try out different stuff...but watch your wallet :)

hahahaha thats y i abit scare to go down to try earphones.... hahahhaha later kanna poison liao..... wallet kanna big big hole anyway i buy the pl30.... the seller replied and got the earphone... the bass is abit weak for my liking but overall the clarity is confirm plus chop better then the creative ones i had.... but bass wise abit more bassy will be better. but good enough for me now. don't want to go down and burst my budget 3 times over..... hahahahaha .... but someone recommend me a brand call FutureSonics Atrio and say the bass is best.... but is above my budget of 100.... any feedback on the earphone or pricing???? maybe can look out for next earphone. the pl-30 build don't look too solid to me.... heheheheh

Thanks for all the advice guys...

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Atrios if i'm not wrong in the range of a couple of hundreds. Sadly i never tried it before, so i can't give comments. But from comments and reviews i've seen, rather postitive for bassheads :)

smhousefly

Reaction score
hahahaha thats y i abit scare to go down to try earphones.... hahahhaha later kanna poison liao..... wallet kanna big big hole anyway i buy the pl30.... the seller replied and got the earphone... the bass is abit weak for my liking but overall the clarity is confirm plus chop better then the creative ones i had.... but bass wise abit more bassy will be better. but good enough for me now. don't want to go down and burst my budget 3 times over..... hahahahaha .... but someone recommend me a brand call FutureSonics Atrio and say the bass is best.... but is above my budget of 100.... any feedback on the earphone or pricing???? maybe can look out for next earphone. the pl-30 build don't look too solid to me.... heheheheh

Thanks for all the advice guys...

The PL-30 definitely have a serious built problem..... They're not built to last:D

berzy

Reaction score
The PL-30 definitely have a serious built problem..... They're not built to last:D

DAMN..... so really have to prepare to look for serious replacement.... :o
anyone know anything about FutureSonics Atrios??????
hmmmmm price and review anyone???

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
DAMN..... so really have to prepare to look for serious replacement.... :o
anyone know anything about FutureSonics Atrios??????
hmmmmm price and review anyone???

if my memory serves me right, u better view the pictures first. Cause i think they are super in-ear types.

Your ep630 is only considered canal IEM. Bass also must depends, if excessive, then no good, most important is quality bass. Some cheap earphones already super bassy but anyhow one, meaning places where there shudn't be bass also have bass. In the end the ear might not be able to take it, cause fatigue.

As for ur pl-30, u may try getting portable amplifiers such as fiio amp, i heard it can boast the pl-30s bass a tad more.

berzy

Reaction score
if my memory serves me right, u better view the pictures first. Cause i think they are super in-ear types.

Your ep630 is only considered canal IEM. Bass also must depends, if excessive, then no good, most important is quality bass. Some cheap earphones already super bassy but anyhow one, meaning places where there shudn't be bass also have bass. In the end the ear might not be able to take it, cause fatigue.

As for ur pl-30, u may try getting portable amplifiers such as fiio amp, i heard it can boast the pl-30s bass a tad more.

any idea how much is the fiio amp????

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.