Learn Korean?

tsukey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested to learn Korean. Have been exploring the various school options and narrowed my options to Singapore Korean School ($500+) and NUS Extension ($400+).

Understand that both schools are well-received by a lot of Korean learners. From other feedback, understand that SKS focus more on grammar and writing while NUS Ext focus more on conversations. NUS Ext is almore convenient since it is located at Dhoby Ghaut.

Basically, I am okay with both kinds of teaching methods but I prefer that the certs awarded would be recognized and also the school will provide arrangements for us to take the KLPT exam. I am not keen to have certs awarded just because you meet the minimal percentage of attendance.

Understand that for JLPT (my sis studied that last year), after learning a year, she can go for the JLPT4 exam. Does KLPT works that way as well?

Hope that any current students can share your experience. :)

silencer22

Reaction score
hi guys

i'm interested in taking up korena from nus extension
may i know how big is the class??

do they teach you how to pronounce n correct your pronounciation?

do you recommend those who are new to go to nus extension?

tia :)

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys

i'm interested in taking up korena from nus extension
may i know how big is the class??

do they teach you how to pronounce n correct your pronounciation?

do you recommend those who are new to go to nus extension?

tia :)

of course they teach you the correct pronunciation and stuff.

actually, its quite structured and hence very suitable for new learners.

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm interested!
Haha...
Where to get more info?

http://www.nus.edu.sg/nex/PE/Languages/index.htm#ko
i think NUS students or alumni get 10% discount.

If you are NUS student, I think they have their own Korean course as well.
http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cls/lang_kn1.htm
And you may have the chance to go for their language exchange in Korea.
(NUS extension used to have a similar program which last 3mths in Korea too, but i'm not sure whether they still have it or not.)

If you are a Singapore Polytechnic student, try to check with your poly. As my teacher said she teaches at SP too. So they might have.

silencer22

Reaction score
http://www.nus.edu.sg/nex/PE/Languages/index.htm#ko
i think NUS students or alumni get 10% discount.

If you are NUS student, I think they have their own Korean course as well.
http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cls/lang_kn1.htm
And you may have the chance to go for their language exchange in Korea.
(NUS extension used to have a similar program which last 3mths in Korea too, but i'm not sure whether they still have it or not.)

If you are a Singapore Polytechnic student, try to check with your poly. As my teacher said she teaches at SP too. So they might have.
sharks... i'm not frm nus... any other discount? hahha

iiluex

Reaction score
i studied at NEX for Korean two years ago, but stopped after 2 levels as O level's coming. Will be continue next march i think. But not sure the teacher had taught me before still teaching there or not. Hope to enroll in her class

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i studied at NEX for Korean two years ago, but stopped after 2 levels as O level's coming. Will be continue next march i think. But not sure the teacher had taught me before still teaching there or not. Hope to enroll in her class

what's her name?
i stopped at basic lvl 6 last mth.

and continuing maybe in jan/feb next yr for intermediate lvl 1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.