police selection assessment

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
hmm reading TS accounts, I was quite surprised that the 1st interview is the 3 person panel interview. Durnig my time, 1st interview is submission of documents, psychometric test and apitude test. 2nd and 3rd interview were the panel interviews. 2nd interview was 3X PO, 3rd interview was 5X PO. Once they get u to the medical checkup, i think about 95% u r selected. Medical test is one exam you cannot fail, unless u noe have a underlying medical condition.

Once u get in, you will have a bond signing ceremony @ HTA. I am not sure who to get because I go in halfway during Police NS so i do not need to serve a bond. After the bond signing, 6 mths stay in training. After the training, if you pass you get posted. Thats when the sai kang stuff starts.

No completion of contract bonus unlike army. But there is a 6 year bonus about S$2000 if i m not wrong. Every 5 years in the police force u will get a long service badge, the longer your service, the longer it is. What we would call a color TV.

Every year will get increment. Every march will have performance bonus, depending on your performance grade. Generally, 1st year don expect too much. D or C is good enough. Unless you angkat your TL balls you will usually get D. After the 2nd or 3rd year your PB will be slightly more. July and Dec will get bonus as well.

Btw, I am ex police officer. Its a slack place. Trust me. HAHAHAHA. Do not exactly love my time over there but I had good memories. If you want to further study and work in other fields, do not waste time. You need the passion.

wow how come u got two panel interview? somemore 5 person interview u ah? wad will they ask for the 2nd interview? what I can say already say in 1st interview leh....haiz anyway mine is police selection assessment plus panel interview. either they send u letter for medical check up. or a 2nd interview. or rejected. Hopefull I can go straight to check up man. I hate interview :o

CmDrRaBb

Master Member
Reaction score
my interview was in 2005 lei how u expect me to answer what they ask in the interview? hahaha. by the time the interview finish, most prob you would not remember what they asked due to stress / nerves. I also don't know why I got a 2nd 5 person panel interview. My mates only encountered 1 panel interview. You would become the interviewer when you join police. So do not hate it. You have to love it.

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
my interview was in 2005 lei how u expect me to answer what they ask in the interview? hahaha. by the time the interview finish, most prob you would not remember what they asked due to stress / nerves. I also don't know why I got a 2nd 5 person panel interview. My mates only encountered 1 panel interview. You would become the interviewer when you join police. So do not hate it. You have to love it.

interview because I think will love it. but pple interviewing it will be nervous and stress leh. is it normal? actually wad they wan to look for? I know confident is important. but when u r nervous yr confident level will drop manz. :(

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
anione receive letter to go for medical checkup on 4th march?

my interview was on the 4th feb, receive letter today to go for medical examination..
anione gt receive?

btw dat time long sia, i was the last person to go home, wait so long wah lao make me more nervous but in the end everything was ok la :s13:

wow congratulation. I think u pass yr medical liao rite? so envy man....

CmDrRaBb

Master Member
Reaction score
I think they want to see how you maintain your composure under stress. If you can hide your nervousness, you should be able to maintain a facade of confidence. They also wanted different kind of answer, not the SOP kind. And I think they would try to pick out traces of your own integrity during the interview. Afterall they are police officers. Interviewing is their forte. I told them that I needed the job because nobody is supporting the family and the rest is history.

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
I think they want to see how you maintain your composure under stress. If you can hide your nervousness, you should be able to maintain a facade of confidence. They also wanted different kind of answer, not the SOP kind. And I think they would try to pick out traces of your own integrity during the interview. Afterall they are police officers. Interviewing is their forte. I told them that I needed the job because nobody is supporting the family and the rest is history.
so in the end, did you get the job?

CyanSupra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the medical check about har? same like cmpb liddat ah? I juz went for the selection assessment and interview. The interviewer told me if selected will send letter for medical check up, or will ask for another round of interview. so scary man. 1st time 3 person interviewing me...

u from sgforums?

CmDrRaBb

Master Member
Reaction score
my pay now is lower than the police force by 600 due to a lack of experience in a related field. I quit because I wanted experience and I am getting a degree soon so why waste my time stuck in a junior officer role? Even if I got degree I also do not want to be a senior officer as I would prefer a civilian job related to my field of study. The promotion criteria is too strict inside and I cannot have other avenues of income. But @ the very least, despite the low pay, I feel happier now.

singaporesnake

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow how come u got two panel interview? somemore 5 person interview u ah? wad will they ask for the 2nd interview? what I can say already say in 1st interview leh....haiz anyway mine is police selection assessment plus panel interview. either they send u letter for medical check up. or a 2nd interview. or rejected. Hopefull I can go straight to check up man. I hate interview :o
me too :o :s13:

Lawenforcer

Reaction score

wah u told them u needed the job because nobody is supporting the family also get in ah. that means u very steady during interview lor?

Hellooo

Suspended
Reaction score
my pay now is lower than the police force by 600 due to a lack of experience in a related field. I quit because I wanted experience and I am getting a degree soon so why waste my time stuck in a junior officer role? Even if I got degree I also do not want to be a senior officer as I would prefer a civilian job related to my field of study. The promotion criteria is too strict inside and I cannot have other avenues of income. But @ the very least, despite the low pay, I feel happier now.

i thought any diploma course will do to be a policeman? what related field u mean?

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
steady? i think my balls did shrink and my nerves did show...

wahhh then still can go in...really envy pple who can sign on as regular man. is not easy actually. and can also say not hard. But haiz...dont know la. juz wait for the letter lor :o

mulderang

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, any regulars can help to answer my question? What does 'Financial Embarrassment' means?

I am currently servicing a DBS study loan assist for my p-t degree programme at Kaplan. The amount is 10k and it is more than 3 times my salary. i have been regularly paying the installment on time. Will it affect my appointment as officer?

Please help.

study loan not counted if i am not wrong but u can check with the manpower side.

mulderang

Master Member
Reaction score
anyway there is a new retention bonus that will be pay out on yr 5th on top of the old retention. Police is not a easy job well at least for me. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.