police selection assessment

scouter

Reaction score
hello all, i am new here. might be off-topic a bit. I am currently on the home team merit award, do any of you know of anyone who are also on the award currently serving in spf now. i would like to become a senior officer in the force later; hoping to do a part time degree once i complete HTA as I will be considered as a regular, not an ns-man. whats the requirement like of a PO converting into a SPO and will studying part time be even possible as well? By this, i mean the stress and shift time factor...

can enlighten what is home team merit award? if your award has a direct link to the LMS or OMS,
then your path should be as of the senior officer.

So far I only know that fellow regulars (junior officers) doing part time degree are not able to get direct conversion from JO to SO. It requires u to earn your merit and experience to get to be selected for P/Insp course(9 mths in tracom) subsequently getting your inspector rank.This process can take as long as 15 to 20 years in force depending on your potential. Regards to stress and time factor, it all dependent on your vocation

if u are status now in a pnsf, then i guess the only way for u is to ord, get a degree and try applying directly as a senior officer; if that what u really want.

hope it answers abit of your doubts. correct me if i am wrong fellow seniors haha

stiener

Reaction score
Where did you guys go for your interview? I heard that sometimes its at Cantonment Complex while others will be at the old building behind Tan Tock Seng Hospital?

imkevin

Reaction score
hi guys,
i dunno if anyone can assist me.

i went for my interview today.
SMS stated assessment + interview...however after the physical assessment. i can go back already. without the interview.
heard tat there are too many ppl so they ask some to go back first....
then till next monday, if i nv receive and rejection letter means go back for the interview.

anyone noes for my case does it mean fail already?
i just ORD from the force as a NPC officer...dunno why my gut feeling is still being rejected.

stiener

Reaction score
hi guys,

SMS stated assessment + interview...however after the physical assessment. i can go back already. without the interview.
then till next monday, if i nv receive and rejection letter means go back for the interview.

i just ORD from the force as a NPC officer...dunno why my gut feeling is still being rejected.

I thought the number of people scheduled for the assessment and interview is already fixed by the recruitment officer? How is it possible to be overwhelming since its not a walk-in application?

If I also kena this then need to apply for another day's leave for the interview?

imkevin

Reaction score
I thought the number of people scheduled for the assessment and interview is already fixed by the recruitment officer? How is it possible to be overwhelming since its not a walk-in application?

If I also kena this then need to apply for another day's leave for the interview?

well its a little worrying thou.
im also not sure how the whole process works. by the time the interview starts was around 3+ already...kinda late and with abt 20++ near 30 people. so perhaps its abit true.
on the other hand....ive fail the selection. oh well :(

stiener

Reaction score
im also not sure how the whole process works. by the time the interview starts was around 3+ already...kinda late and with abt 20++ near 30 people. so perhaps its abit true.

So what did you do between 9am to 2pm? Was your appointment at Cantonment or near TTSH?

imkevin

Reaction score
So what did you do between 9am to 2pm? Was your appointment at Cantonment or near TTSH?

there is this test....psychometric test or smth.
i have taken it during my NS time. so i was exempted from it today.
9 to 11 u sit awhile...wait then fill in the forms and hand it to the officers.
after tat from 11 to 2...lunch time.

after lunch was the physical assessment and the interview.
which i did not have the chance to attend.

my appointment is a NPPK (near TTSH).

btw bro wat does ur SMS states?
assessment + interview?

stiener

Reaction score
how come?
u applied for wat post?

SPO. But I think still the same thing right. Fill in forms, Body Check, Psychometric test and interview.

Anyway...why didn't you sign on while serving your NS?

Last edited:

DestinyFate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good luck for those who waiting for the letter..hopefully get to see u guys as future colleagues..if need any help or question..feel free to ask around..=)

imkevin

Reaction score
SPO. But I think still the same thing right. Fill in forms, Body Check, Psychometric test and interview.

Anyway...why didn't you sign on while serving your NS?

wow.
i also dunno...just wanted to try the working life outside first.

stiener

Reaction score
wow.
i also dunno...just wanted to try the working life outside first.

hmm...but now you haven't had a taste yet since you just ORD right. Given the present employment market now, it is good to stay in the force as a short-term plan and opt for tertiary education in prep for your future strategic plans.

stiener

Reaction score

Bro...look on the bright side...maybe they feel that it is not necessary for you to go through the procedure since you just ORD. They probably only want to know if you have got some tattoos on your body after you have ORD.

Since they have kept your records and they are clean and presentable, I'm sure they will consider the fact that you can start work almost immediately and accustom to the SPF culture almost instaneously. Best wishes!!

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
:( :( :( u still want to apply?

abit dishearted liao. mayb compare to others who is much younger than me. thats y im rejected. haizz. regret I didnt study high when I was young. now 27yrs old. I think they dont wan me la hahaha. anyway anyone know after rejected. How long then I can reapply again?

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
those waited for so long 1 sure got chance. mine I when for interview. the next week the rejection letter come liao. so I think your chance will be high..

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
hi guys,

if really wan to join as regular try again if really fail lor. my frenz apply four time then was selected!

Lawenforcer

Reaction score
for those of u regulars or already confirm going HTA training. how do u all reply the question like, how can u contribute to SPF, how long will you stay in SPF. do u intend to further studies... haiz I am very confident I will be a Good PO. but comes to interview Im really lousy. sibei sian...

xjasonz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they will inform you by post right? for the very first interview? or is it through sms? cos i worry tht i may have keyed in my hp number wrongly....

Dj_AsiCs

Reaction score
they will inform you by post right? for the very first interview? or is it through sms? cos i worry tht i may have keyed in my hp number wrongly....

the first interview for me was through SMS. i think they send SMS oso rite for others? hmm i not sure for 2nd or subsequent interview. if checkup they'll send letter.

Wish the best of Luck for those who are applying :angel:

Me still waiting for enlistment letter -.-.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.