Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmr123

Reaction score
So anyone get the Panasonic units? They seem to be heavily promoted by everyone right now.

I went to Best Tech and they told me to avoid Panasonic. They recommended either Sanyo or LG. Best Tech seemed pretty knowledgeable but not sure about their installation since several people here have complained. Anyone else use them recently?

My AirCon servicing company recommended Panasonic (which they sell) so not sure what to think.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
So anyone get the Panasonic units? They seem to be heavily promoted by everyone right now.

I went to Best Tech and they told me to avoid Panasonic. They recommended either Sanyo or LG. Best Tech seemed pretty knowledgeable but not sure about their installation since several people here have complained. Anyone else use them recently?

My AirCon servicing company recommended Panasonic (which they sell) so not sure what to think.

personnally i take recommendations from retailers with a pinch of salt :s13:

unless they can back up their claim... like technology, material used, refridgerant used... etc.

then i'll personally take note of them and later google it myself. :D

my previous air-con service man (a free lancer) used to tell me panasonic air-cons are easy to service...

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They're doing installation right now by Best Tech. so far so good.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Repsol. you use sys4 for 4 bed rooms or 3rm+1 living room?
What make you choose ME over MHI?

3rm + 1 living rm. well....i choose ME due to recommendation by quite a few friends. Not much ppl i know using MHI i supposed neways it's installed so i can't do much already if i need to change. lol. so far so good. Now just gotta see what happen in the next few weeks. :D

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah... Live report...:D Take some of the installation photo, material phot and post here....=:p

done already sia....i didn't take any pic. They already gone. Just paid the rest of the sum signed and they left.

thexenomorph

Reaction score
Mine done today too. 4 techs came in 9.30 chop chop 1.30pm done liao. Fast but workmanship wise is still quite good. The copper pipe used is Totaline. Insulation is K-Flex. Removed all existing trunking ducts and replace new one. Best Tech does everything as promised and nothing to complain indeed. Now finger cross it will last for years to come. But...

the MHI does not live up to my expectation. First, it wasn't as cool as my old Hitachi non-invertor. Is that because Invertor type energy saving actually come from the "not so cold" gimmick? I remember read from some forums a user complained about her ME "not cold enough" - I cannot understand back then but i do now. The aircon just don't give me the "Wow! Cold ****" feeling. Instead, it just like "ah, at least here cooler than outside" nia.

2nd, the MHI when turned on, has a high frequency "yink yink" noise like motor lack lubrication. The noise come from the FCU as 3 of them exhibit the same. It is very irritating. I am not sure if the noise will go away when the FCU run in, or not. I may wait for few day to see if it settle down. Else I will feedback to Best Tech to get MHI come down.

3rd, very funny when i turn on the vertical swing, the fin do not swing fully from top-most position to bottom-most position. It only swing down half way then go up again!? So the area direct under the FCU is not "blown". It is not as cold as other area of the room. :-( Don't know why the design like that haiz...

Btw, in case you ask, the MHI are made in Thailand not China. But so what...with the above problems...haiz

Last edited:

Metalsubzero

Reaction score
How much does the ME and MHI System 4 costs from Best Tech? Care to share, maybe in PM? Thanks.. :)

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2582_78601785411_746700411_2781894_7137437_n.jpg

jmr123

Reaction score
personnally i take recommendations from retailers with a pinch of salt :s13:

unless they can back up their claim... like technology, material used, refridgerant used... etc.

then i'll personally take note of them and later google it myself. :D

my previous air-con service man (a free lancer) used to tell me panasonic air-cons are easy to service...

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'm definitely not getting the ME/MHI units from what I read in the postings below. I will have to check out actual working units (Panasonics and Sanyos) before making my next decision.

My wife keeps telling me to get the same set of LGs to keep things consistent, but I don't wanna. I like playing with different toys :s13:

morriselma

Reaction score
im planning to get a system 3 inverter aircon soon. i've asked Gain and best tech, both recommended mitsubishi as the best. seems best tech (at tpy) has better overall price offered compared to price given to me at Gain (marina). any comments or feedback on these two? thanks!

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have mix of panasonic and mitsubishi units. i have no problems with both.

Panasonic remote, must point in general direction of aircon to use. Mitsubishi (and Sanyo), can point any direction usually can operate.

Panasonic has a 'quiet' mode ideal for home theatre rooms after initial cooling is done.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3rd day after installation on saturday. So far so good....no issue yet. after 2 weeks and still no problem. Hooray!!!

pegASUS7677

Reaction score
Hitachi noy well known in the aircon market. Take a look @ yr block. You see more Mit outdoor units or Hitachi?

Okay. so everything is up and running. Hitachi air cons are freaking cold. Before I moved to my new house, I was using LG Inverter Gold System 4 at the old place and the Hitachi at my new place is definitely colder and more powerful than my LG.

The adhesive strip which has the HITACHI logo came off from one of my fan units :o and Hitachi sent out a service tehnician within hours to do a one to one swap of the panel.

Conclusion : Hitachi service is pretty good, and the aircon is good too.

I look out of my flat and see neighbours with Samsung, York, LG, Toshiba, Fujitsu, General, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and it appears I am the only one with a Hitachi. =:p

But no regrets, just because it's not so popular doesn't mean its not good.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is hitachi Noisy and what type of compressor they use? Dual rotary or single. Is it Inverter???

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay. so everything is up and running. Hitachi air cons are freaking cold. Before I moved to my new house, I was using LG Inverter Gold System 4 at the old place and the Hitachi at my new place is definitely colder and more powerful than my LG.

The adhesive strip which has the HITACHI logo came off from one of my fan units :o and Hitachi sent out a service tehnician within hours to do a one to one swap of the panel.

I look out of my flat and see neighbours with Samsung, York, LG, Toshiba, Fujitsu, General, Mitsubishi, Panasonic and it appears I am the only one with a Hitachi. =:p

i totally agree with that... popular doesn't necessary mean quality, it may or it may not. Sometimes it's just branding or advertising.

btw, how much did you pay for it? (sorry if you've already mentioned it)

and what insulation did they use? Armaflex? Thickness? 3/8", 1/2" or 3/4"

compressor BTU? and individual fan-coil BTU?

jmr123

Reaction score

Interesting, I may have to decide between Hitachi and Panasonic. Reading back, people have been having problems with Sanyo units and their controller is huge. Will be interesting to see how my non-inverter LG compares to the Hitachi :) Probably get new units in a month.

Anyone use the Panasonics? Not much info on these units, but I keep hearing techs say it's easy to service, maybe because they aren't around? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.