[Official cycling thread]

BlueRain™

Reaction score
Any Cannondale rider here?
Dun know sould post my almost 10 yr old cannondale ride. haha..

And anyone know where now is good to get a Giant or GT bike for $400-600? Lately My gf started to pick up cycling too.

Or anyone have a ride to let off in here?

GT Avalanche or Giant Iguana is a good start.

Agent Shoots

Master Member
Reaction score
price range is around $600 and up.

this is the internet, it'd do you better good if you learnt how to use it. Google is like, RIGHT THERE

Agent Shoots

Master Member
Reaction score
Some of my kakis' pr0n for you TheoDR... =P

Scandium. Superlight!
3398053211_4e65571d1c_o.jpg

Litespeed. 'nuff said. Next time i show u his new Litespeed soft tail heh heh
3398053803_2285a4d39e_o.jpg

DH with 2.5" wheels. Ridden by ex-national rider. u might know him as one of the TEF mechanics hee. I went down a steep flight of steps with this and it felt like riding on a bed of marshmallows =O
3398053969_96aeb20ff8_o.jpg

Oh well. A Cube.
3398053021_0959822236_o.jpg

HEH.
3398863242_ce42cd5d1e_o.jpg

HEH HEH HEH.
3398053639_cbf0e1c92e_o.jpg

zenotic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going by the almost straightened method for the most leverage. :o Height is 188 and frame size is L :o

I see.. I'm going by the same adjustments technique but when I am seated i've got to tiptoe intensively to maintain balance when my bike's in a standstill position. Is it normal ? Should I lower my saddle and compromise slightly on the leverage for some stability ?

BlueRain™

Reaction score
I see.. I'm going by the same adjustments technique but when I am seated i've got to tiptoe intensively to maintain balance when my bike's in a standstill position. Is it normal ? Should I lower my saddle and compromise slightly on the leverage for some stability ?

stand beside your bike and your saddle should be at the height of your waist. standstill position you will need to shift your butt foward to the frame. when you ready to ride then step on the paddle shift back your butt to the saddle

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Some of my kakis' pr0n for you TheoDR... =P

Scandium. Superlight!
3398053211_4e65571d1c_o.jpg

Litespeed. 'nuff said. Next time i show u his new Litespeed soft tail heh heh
3398053803_2285a4d39e_o.jpg

DH with 2.5" wheels. Ridden by ex-national rider. u might know him as one of the TEF mechanics hee. I went down a steep flight of steps with this and it felt like riding on a bed of marshmallows =O
3398053969_96aeb20ff8_o.jpg

Oh well. A Cube.
3398053021_0959822236_o.jpg

HEH.
3398863242_ce42cd5d1e_o.jpg

HEH HEH HEH.
3398053639_cbf0e1c92e_o.jpg
Permanent ejaculation material!!!
Hmm, tecnically, for the most power out of each stroke, your leg should be only slightly bent when seated on the saddle with the pedal around the 6o'clock position.

As for maintaining balance at a standstill, I usually get off the seat, with the bike in between my legs, and one foot on either pedal. When I want to get back on, I step on that pedal and prop myself back onto the saddle.

You want to MO? :crazy: I ish thinking of getting some ladies jersey + long pants for whiterat from there.

zenotic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Permanent ejaculation material!!!

Hmm, tecnically, for the most power out of each stroke, your leg should be only slightly bent when seated on the saddle with the pedal around the 6o'clock position.

As for maintaining balance at a standstill, I usually get off the seat, with the bike in between my legs, and one foot on either pedal. When I want to get back on, I step on that pedal and prop myself back onto the saddle.

Exactly what I'm doing right now. Guess I'll try to use this configuration as a fundamental guideline to find some middle ground between leverage and balance.

You want to MO? :crazy: I ish thinking of getting some ladies jersey + long pants for whiterat from there.

Wilfred at smbf is organizing a MO this thurs, better hop on fast. I just submitted my orders.

speedstream

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice on bike frame repair.

2hg4abb.jpg

15odk5j.jpg

Any place/LBS to weld back the broken part. (its a Mongoose NX8.3 frame)

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
no point welding.. cos weld back also wun be as strong as before... unless u can find a real good welder... u can try rebound centre but prepare to burn a big hole in ur wallet...

i say buy new bike la...~

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice on bike frame repair.

2hg4abb.jpg

15odk5j.jpg

Any place/LBS to weld back the broken part. (its a Mongoose NX8.3 frame)

It's aluminum right? If so, then just wielding would not regain the structure's strength. Need some special treatment after wielding to regain the strength. Don't think it will be cheap if available. Think better off getting a new frame.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
so fast discontinued! :eek:

Item discontinued - no longer available to purchase

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I'm doing right now. Guess I'll try to use this configuration as a fundamental guideline to find some middle ground between leverage and balance.

Wilfred at smbf is organizing a MO this thurs, better hop on fast. I just submitted my orders.

Ooo ok, thanks!! Hmm.. I think just my orders alone will exceed $445 for free shipping.. :crazy:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.