Recommendations for STEAMBOAT

dc7176

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tian Tian Huo Guo at Tan Quee Lan Street!! Where can you find ultimate steamboat buffet at just $18++ with free flow of crabs, fish and prawns? Quality food minus the quantity of cheapo food.

from the advertisment tian tain got bbq + steamboat buffet??? or juz steamboat buffet??

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmmm bugis got A LOT of steamboat buffets. Got any recommendations? And waht to avoid?

daveaha

Reaction score
No lar !! Most of my colleagues are singaporeans, got 2 are malaysians, out of the 2 malaysians, there is 1 vegetarian, so it's quite difficult to organize a steamboat outing or makan outing to cater to everyone's taste, some don eat spicy food, some like spicy food, there is 1 person who is vegetarian. I thought i very picky on food, they all are more picky than me. lol.. :yawn: oh yeah all my colleagues I'm inviting are girls. :s13:

Yeh.. same here.. I'm also organizing steamboat dinner, but damn difficult...
One vegetarian. One muslim (no pork). One don't eat seafood...

So...

Mission impossible for me...

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeh.. same here.. I'm also organizing steamboat dinner, but damn difficult...
One vegetarian. One muslim (no pork). One don't eat seafood...

So...

Mission impossible for me...

wah...got muslim, headache liao. most steamboats is non halal one.

His Food Blog

Reaction score
Just tried Ding Feng Ge Hainanese Chicken Rice Steamboat recently. It is reminiscent to 7th Storey Hotel Hainan Charcoal Steamboat. It is located at 271 Geylang Road (Beside Lorong 13).

For 2-3 pax, one can opt for the $24.00 set with a mixture of seafood and meat along with the usual balls, and every ingredient was very fresh.

Ding+Feng+Ge+%284%29.JPG

Their cooked food (Tze Char) is not too bad either. Can opt to try Ribs with Fermented Beancurd or Crispy Seafood Beancurd.

Ding+Feng+Ge+%287%29.JPG

Ding+Feng+Ge+%288%29.JPG

maximmaxim

Reaction score
3choices

now adays its impossible to please everyone, so the best bet would be to bring them to mini pot, yup steam boat but individual pot

advantage
-hygienic
-individualistic, watever u dun wan will not appear in the pot especially for Buddhist/vegan/hala/paranoid ppl :D
-you can easily change soup base along the way at no charge

http://www.rajahinn.com.sg/
http://www.hotpotculture.com/ (both less than 24after tax for weekend dinner)

rajah inn & hotpot culture belong to e same boss but diff location, pls sign up as member in hotpot culture if u like to visit the outlet to get free flow of drinks

http://www.suntecsingapore.com/restaurant/joaquim.htm (less than 26after tax for weekend dinner)

diff between the formal n joaquim is that joaquim is full-fledge DIY mini pot buffet think regular steamboat, the staff are only there to clear ur clutter, well they have decent cooked food & delicacy stall such as hong kong roast & popiah/rojak or special soup of e day, they come with more desert selection such as cakes/pastries/kueh/hot/cold traditional desert

as always: call & reserve( for both) & on the day of reservation call n ask(onli for joquim) whats on menu like special item or there maybe some items you are expecting from ur las visit

captain_buck

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jin's Deli. Opposite DHL balloon at bugis.
tried this on my bday.. the food not bad... no need go Q and fight for the food at the counters.. just tick on the paper and the staff will bring whatever you want... the place is totally staffed by prc though.. :s13:

totalpet_2

Reaction score
Thien Kee Steamboat is charge by paxs or what food u order?

may wan to try out that place.

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
i thot the rajahinn was quite bad... had it last year at tiong bahru plaza..

just had this a few weeks back.

i dun think it should be classified only quite bad la, i think its more of value for money since you can order their cooked dishes as well (which wasn't too bad). still got mini chocolate fondue as well (it's really mini, but who can eat a full fondue after a steamboat dinner?)

the food quite fresh, acceptable for my standard, but the tom yam soup (which is suppose to be their speciality) wasn't really spicy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.