4_82736.jpg

http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-166075.html
4_134879.jpg

http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-166057.html
4_122446.jpg

http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-34647.html
4_38518.jpg

Ok for the Benefit of all butties, A&E reply my email enquiry:

We allow fixed blade knives to be imported without a licence. The knives in the 1st 3 links can be ordered and sent in by post. As for the rest of the throwing knives and darts, they are prohibited.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
hehe, hope to order one seal pup elite, for use in opening the mid year durians.. :)

Use seal pup for durian? Durian best is to use short blade.. unless you want to hack it open like a coconut, the seal pup will dull very fast.

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First review

[FONT=&quot]The 950 SBK by Benchmade[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Review By Section 9.[/FONT]
08042009205.jpg

[FONT=&quot]First glance at it, you will notice that its handle is very distinctive because of the black and charcoal colors, that has the sort of marble effect on it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When you do pick it up, you will feel its weight in your holding hand, giving you a nice grip on the handle. [/FONT]

08042009206.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Once the blade is open up (new blades may be harder to flip open), a nice black Reverse Tanto blade greets you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The knife definitely feels good in my hand. It doesn’t feels imposingly heavy, yet telling you that the knife is in your hand now. I have checked the 950 for blade play up and down, left to right. Absolutely no play is there. Once opened, the blade is securely locked by the Axis Lock.

08042009208.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was initially a little bit turned off by 950 because it has no thumb grip on the handle, or the blade. However, my thumb remained on the G10 handle (close to the blade) even when I simulated a vicious stab. I was pleasantly surprised that my thumb did not even moved forward and the G10 did really well in this aspect. Also, unlike the pointed thumb grips (grooves) on some blades or handles(which definitely will cause abrasions on your thumb during prolong use), the G10 do not have that problem as the Handle tip is smooth, but gave required grip when it’s needed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Coming to the blade of 950, it’s constructed out of 154 CM and most readers should be aware of it’s properties. Strong, resistant to corrosion and hold the edge well. The blade has a matt black coat over it, giving it a nice ‘tactical’ look. The version I have is a combo edge. The serrated teeth are only sharpened on one side of the blade. I have personally tested the blade on the 550 para cords I was using to tie its lanyard. The blade cut right through the cord, without much fraying. I would actually say the cord ends that were cut were pretty clean. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A clean cut only happens when the blade is keen enough. Blades that are not keen will result in jagged edges, as most of you might be aware. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The pocket clip supplied will not hide the 950 fully and it’s tip will be peeking out of your pocket. That is also the reason I chose to tie a lanyard instead. [/FONT]

08042009208.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Though the 950 is heavier than it’s predecessor, but it’s an outstanding blade nevertheless. If the lanyard isn’t out of my pocket, I would have forgotten that the 950 were in my pocket. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If weight is not really an issue to you and you are looking for a good EDC, the 950 might be the knife for you. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Section 9.

More shots and my lanyard.

08042009209.jpg

08042009210.jpg

[/FONT]

Thank you all for reading.

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The 950 SBK by Benchmade[/FONT]

Nice G10 scales!! Any reason why you prefer a tanto? I was contemplating getting a tanto for it's stronger tip and larger piercing edge versus a drop point!

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice G10 scales!! Any reason why you prefer a tanto? I was contemplating getting a tanto for it's stronger tip and larger piercing edge versus a drop point!

Yes. Those scales are very nice. To be honest, a Tanto blade is best use in defensive situations, for it's ability to pierce and slash.

Let's take a downward slash situation, a tanto blade pierces in and starts slashing. The depth is slightly deeper and the cut wound is bigger than a drop point.

A drop point is effective only when the blade is near the opponent and starts slicing at the curvature of the drop point all the way up to the tip. However, tanto blades do not suffer from the 'lack' of cutting edge.

A plus would be tanto blade tip is strong enough to pierce and hold it's edge.

Of course, any blade is just as deadly in the hands of the expert.

My shipment for Recon-1 Tanto should be arriving next week. :s12:

Pedobear_BTSS

Reaction score
I finally find out why no one buys from Knife depot liao. Last night tried to shop online from their site, wanted to buy 200 dollars worth of knives,but the shipping cost comes to 260 dollars....

In the end went with what most butties recommend, Knifeworks, and hoot the following:

SOG Tech Bowie, Kraton Handle, Black Blade, Kydex Sheath
SOGS10B.jpg

Ka-Bar SkinnerHunter, Leather Handle, Leather Sheath
KB1233.jpg

Ka-Bar Kukri Machete, Black Kraton G, Leather/Cordura Sheath
KB1249.jpg

Best thing is Shipping 34 dollars nia.

Roger from Knife works is a lucky man, he has so many cute gals working for him.

link: http://www.knifeworks.com/meetthecrew.aspx

Roger
roger.jpg

Anna (Sales)
anna.jpg

Ashley (Laser Engraving)
Ashley.jpg

Jessica (Sales)
jessica.jpg

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anna (Sales)
anna.jpg

I Like :love:

Anyway, would anyone be interested to have a knives meet at pulau ubin? Like some sort of camping + knife collectors meet. Test out the knives etc. ?
--------------------------------
Recon-1 Tanto on it's way:

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: EH88 2085 055U S

Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 2:13 PM on April 8, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure! when when?!
I suggest on weekends... then Evening time can go eat seafood !

Lunch... dunno if you all wanna cook... but we can go for some trekking during daylight and go eat seafood during evening. Then maybe head back to mainland or wanna stay overnight ?

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
dragon kor kor ..... acrylic casing around 50cm width X 100cm length X 50cm height .... ish around how much $$$ ? :s34:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I suggest on weekends... then Evening time can go eat seafood !

Lunch... dunno if you all wanna cook... but we can go for some trekking during daylight and go eat seafood during evening. Then maybe head back to mainland or wanna stay overnight ?

Field cooking no problemo though I don't eat much/prefer to eat on the go :s22: As for staying overnight, maybe not since ubin less than a day can cover finish liao.. any idea last boat is what time? It's been long time since I went ubin..

seal pup is quite short already, i thought durian shell soft, seal pup aus8 should be no problem?

durian for opening, best is less than 2 inch blade is easier to handle, seal pup abit hard to do it the opening way. Though with seal pup is just 1 solid whack into the end, a good twist, the durian will open easy.. my last outfield in marsiling ate durian, in tekong eat rambutan!

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Field cooking no problemo though I don't eat much/prefer to eat on the go :s22: As for staying overnight, maybe not since ubin less than a day can cover finish liao.. any idea last boat is what time? It's been long time since I went ubin..

I think the last boat is between 6-7 pm daily.

Last i went there was.... 8 years ago :p

Let's organize this meet, see who else is interested :)

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
now ubin very lively during weekend, alot of people park the bicycle and walk into the forest to find dropped durian
near the jetty got restaurants and bicycle rental
china people also alot ........

Lonerider

Reaction score
Very legal. It's only has a single edge. This blade shape is called "Reverse Tanto".

Knifeworks.com has got the plain edge (full cutting edge without serrations) or Combo edge like mine. :)

Take a look here: http://www.knifeworks.com/search.aspx?find=950

nice review on the Rift... I dun agree with all of nutnfancy's review. Feel the Rift is ok for EDC. He's too hung up on the max 4oz limit. I love the way the G10 looks. I'd much prefer a PE though. Personal preference I guess. Is the size ok say in a staight cut jeans pocket? Dun wear baggy jeans much. I'm always in dress pants, jeans if I'm working weekends. Worried about it being too bulky. Noticed there's no backspacer on the knife, that could be a good thing, easier to clean out. Sweet buy man... Dun flick it too much via Axis lock though. Better off thumbing it open. Seen a few broken omega springs on the Axis lock and its actually quite a common problem. Seen the latest Presidio? Think the handle is G10 or FRN now. A lot lighter than the old aluminium handled ones. A lot cheaper too. USD70-80 I think.

Hope you guys do meet up for the knife get together... Too bad I'm too busy with work. I'd avoid Ubin though because of the check at the police checkpoint. Might pose some problems. If you guys do meet up do take lots of pics. Very interested to see them. Meeting to view, buy or sell knives is always a pain, especially in public. The public reacts very strangely to seeing knives. In fact if I'm carrying more than one piece I make it a point to avoid taking the MRT. If I'm lugging my whole collection around I take a cab... Last thing I want is for some idiot security guy to find an excuse to pocket my knives. Not that my knives are very expensive but they are very precious to me. Even the cheapo ones...

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
... Is the size ok say in a staight cut jeans pocket? Dun wear baggy jeans much. I'm always in dress pants, jeans if I'm working weekends. Worried about it being too bulky. Noticed there's no backspacer on the knife, that could be a good thing, easier to clean out. Sweet buy man... Dun flick it too much via Axis lock though. Better off thumbing it open. Seen a few broken omega springs on the Axis lock and its actually quite a common problem. Seen the latest Presidio? Think the handle is G10 or FRN now. A lot lighter than the old aluminium handled ones. A lot cheaper too. USD70-80 I think.

Hope you guys do meet up for the knife get together... Too bad I'm too busy with work. I'd avoid Ubin though because of the check at the police checkpoint. Might pose some problems. If you guys do meet up do take lots of pics. Very interested to see them. Meeting to view, buy or sell knives is always a pain, especially in public. The public reacts very strangely to seeing knives. In fact if I'm carrying more than one piece I make it a point to avoid taking the MRT. If I'm lugging my whole collection around I take a cab... Last thing I want is for some idiot security guy to find an excuse to pocket my knives. Not that my knives are very expensive but they are very precious to me. Even the cheapo ones...

Spoken like a Collector. I have this notion that a blade is out there because of someone's effort in making it, even though most are machined by the operator. I appreciate their hardwork and commitment.

On your question of size of the Rift. I would have no problem in putting the whole blade into my Jeans pocket, be it front or back. But if you are using the clip, the tip will still be visible.

I usually in Shirt and Pants during work. The 950 is in my bag during most parts of the day. As I hate anything bulging from my pants pocket. I dun even put my mobile in my pants pocket most of the time. :p

Yes, I agree with your opinion on the general populace. Most of the people fears the blade and it's wielder because they feel that they are dangerous and what could happened in 'Sillypore' ?

I feel that Blade carrier are more responsible in reality because they understand the power they carry and they need to exercise caution. Unbeknown, someday, you / me / us might just save someone's life because we carry it around.

Say for eg, car accident, driver still strapped down by safety belt and it's jammed. A simple utility knife would have cut him free. But how many are carrying one? :yawn:

We have mutual understanding and sentiments :)

viix

Master Member
Reaction score

Yeah~ Ubin might be problematic, maybe we can do woodcutters trail, if you guys still remember how to go there. will be a nice long walk to pierce and shouldn't be problematic as long as we stick to the track..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.