View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #559
KouAnKyuuKa
Arch-Supremacy Member

... Is the size ok say in a staight cut jeans pocket? Dun wear baggy jeans much. I'm always in dress pants, jeans if I'm working weekends. Worried about it being too bulky. Noticed there's no backspacer on the knife, that could be a good thing, easier to clean out. Sweet buy man... Dun flick it too much via Axis lock though. Better off thumbing it open. Seen a few broken omega springs on the Axis lock and its actually quite a common problem. Seen the latest Presidio? Think the handle is G10 or FRN now. A lot lighter than the old aluminium handled ones. A lot cheaper too. USD70-80 I think.

Hope you guys do meet up for the knife get together... Too bad I'm too busy with work. I'd avoid Ubin though because of the check at the police checkpoint. Might pose some problems. If you guys do meet up do take lots of pics. Very interested to see them. Meeting to view, buy or sell knives is always a pain, especially in public. The public reacts very strangely to seeing knives. In fact if I'm carrying more than one piece I make it a point to avoid taking the MRT. If I'm lugging my whole collection around I take a cab... Last thing I want is for some idiot security guy to find an excuse to pocket my knives. Not that my knives are very expensive but they are very precious to me. Even the cheapo ones...
Spoken like a Collector. I have this notion that a blade is out there because of someone's effort in making it, even though most are machined by the operator. I appreciate their hardwork and commitment.

On your question of size of the Rift. I would have no problem in putting the whole blade into my Jeans pocket, be it front or back. But if you are using the clip, the tip will still be visible.

I usually in Shirt and Pants during work. The 950 is in my bag during most parts of the day. As I hate anything bulging from my pants pocket. I dun even put my mobile in my pants pocket most of the time.

Yes, I agree with your opinion on the general populace. Most of the people fears the blade and it's wielder because they feel that they are dangerous and what could happened in 'Sillypore' ?

I feel that Blade carrier are more responsible in reality because they understand the power they carry and they need to exercise caution. Unbeknown, someday, you / me / us might just save someone's life because we carry it around.

Say for eg, car accident, driver still strapped down by safety belt and it's jammed. A simple utility knife would have cut him free. But how many are carrying one?

We have mutual understanding and sentiments