EDMW Knife Collectors

Pedobear_BTSS

Reaction score
Need some advice from butties who bought from Knifeworks before.

Last Wedesday i placed a order online for the following items:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=37006752&postcount=597

But everytime i check the ordering history on their site, i only see: Status: Order Received

No shipping or tracking info, when checking account, also no amount showing on my CC account also. It has almost been a week already, is this normal for those who have bought knives from them before? Should i send Roger an email enquiry?

Last edited:

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suggest on weekends... then Evening time can go eat seafood !

Lunch... dunno if you all wanna cook... but we can go for some trekking during daylight and go eat seafood during evening. Then maybe head back to mainland or wanna stay overnight ?

I want to go!

on bicycle or?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score

But everytime i check the ordering history on their site, i only see: Status: Order Received

No shipping or tracking info, when checking account, also no amount showing on my CC account also. It has almost been a week already, is this normal for those who have bought knives from them before? Should i send Roger an email enquiry?

It's either they are on holiday for holy week or maybe out of stock or restocking?
I know some retailers are off on holidays.. Better to email and ask them bah.. This is your chance to email the sales xmm :s13:
but seriously best to check with them.. I've order from other places and if they show orders received for so long, usually it's because it's back ordered / "waiting for supplier" or closed for the holidays :s22:

Last edited:

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Maybe check your email ? They need the CV number on your card.

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very legal. It's only has a single edge. This blade shape is called "Reverse Tanto".

Knifeworks.com has got the plain edge (full cutting edge without serrations) or Combo edge like mine. :)

Take a look here: http://www.knifeworks.com/search.aspx?find=950

thanks for replying. can start saving up money for that, haha.

so the blade will just pass through customs without any fuss?

the blade is of Jap origin? cos i know tanto means short blade or short sword in jap.

:)

viix

Master Member
Reaction score

the blade is of Jap origin? cos i know tanto means short blade or short sword in jap.

Yup.. can be bought at Sheares or online.. tanto is the blade style, but is an adapted style from Japanese tanto and NOT a Japanese tanto.. the blade material 154cm is from Crucible, a US Company. You can read more about benchmade's blade info here

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yup.. can be bought at Sheares or online.. tanto is the blade style, but is an adapted style from Japanese tanto and NOT a Japanese tanto.. the blade material 154cm is from Crucible, a US Company. You can read more about benchmade's blade info here

Yes, but this blade is a reverse tanto blade version. Tanto, if I'm correct means short sword in nihon-go.

I have tested my Recon-1 slicing power against 950 Rift. The Verdict?

950 Rift is able to slice paper thinly due to it's blade thickness. Recon-1 is unable to do so due to it's steeper edge and thicker blade.

I would classify Recon-1 as a blade that do raw cutting. Cutting bigger and thicker stuff shouldn't be a problem with this blade.

950 Rift is a finer blade and can slice as thinly as you want. It's an EDC keepers.

iParadigm

Reaction score
Hello, Knife Collection seems interesting. Can anyone give me advice if I want to start my own collection? Like, are there age restrictions for these knives? Whats the difference between a knife with a black blade and a normal metal blade? Can anyone recommend a durable but cheap pocket knife for me to start my collection? Thank you. :D

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, Knife Collection seems interesting. Can anyone give me advice if I want to start my own collection? Like, are there age restrictions for these knives? Whats the difference between a knife with a black blade and a normal metal blade? Can anyone recommend a durable but cheap pocket knife for me to start my collection? Thank you. :D

Better not have too much duplicate post are else your account gets banned again..

Some knives are for pure investment (the limited knives), while others are user.. when we resell knives, we try to be socially responsible and tend to limit to those above 18 and do some CSI when we sell them just to be safe.. There isn't any age limit per se but you'll need a credit card to purchase them online.. I bought my first fixed blade when I was in sec 2 fyi.. Some of the popular knives (folders) around are the benchmade griptilians, spyderco delicas/enduras and boker trace/subcom. Pretty cheap and good for starters..

Black blades are basically coated steel.. the coating will wear off after some use..

Where can I buy cheap leatherman blades without ordering online?

Black-technology.com aka XXDragonXX's shop :s13: Let him answer you

Last edited:

Pedobear_BTSS

Reaction score
It's either they are on holiday for holy week or maybe out of stock or restocking?
I know some retailers are off on holidays.. Better to email and ask them bah.. This is your chance to email the sales xmm :s13:
but seriously best to check with them.. I've order from other places and if they show orders received for so long, usually it's because it's back ordered / "waiting for supplier" or closed for the holidays :s22:

Followed your advice and email them. Guess what Anna the cute xmm email me back! Waa dream come true leh.

pic for the uninitiated:

anna.jpg

Maybe check your email ? They need the CV number on your card.

Yep, you are right. I emailed them and Anna, the gal u like from the shop asked for my CV number to process the order. Hope everything goes well for my first purchase with them.

shears, seal pup is selling at $160. wonder how much is their seal pup elite?

Not bad let quite reasonable, maybe will hoot one from them soon.

Last edited:

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Followed your advice and email them. Guess what Anna the cute xmm email me back! Waa dream come true leh.

pic for the uninitiated:

anna.jpg

Yep, you are right. I emailed them and Anna, the gal u like from the shop asked for my CV number to process the order. Hope everything goes well for my first purchase with them.

Not bad let quite reasonable, maybe will hoot one from them soon.

Wah... you are lucky :D

No worries about the shipment.. should reach SG in about 3 days maximum after it leaves USA. Then you will get it the day after.

But custom likes to tear up boxes. My Gerber CLS and Recon-1 boxes were teared at the ends. :(

iParadigm

Reaction score
Better not have too much duplicate post are else your account gets banned again..

Some knives are for pure investment (the limited knives), while others are user.. when we resell knives, we try to be socially responsible and tend to limit to those above 18 and do some CSI when we sell them just to be safe.. There isn't any age limit per se but you'll need a credit card to purchase them online.. I bought my first fixed blade when I was in sec 2 fyi.. Some of the popular knives (folders) around are the benchmade griptilians, spyderco delicas/enduras and boker trace/subcom. Pretty cheap and good for starters..

Black blades are basically coated steel.. the coating will wear off after some use..

Black-technology.com aka XXDragonXX's shop :s13: Let him answer you

Lol, thanks. :D

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Perhaps, you can ask yourself what is your budget. Look for knives that interest you within you budget.

How do you determine beauty and functionality? It all depends on yourself. Whether you want the knives for collection or for usage, you will need to decide this.

If you are buying expensive knives, chances are you will not use them at all. But on the other hand, it depends on yourself on what type of steel blade is best suited for your use.

There are a lot of steel with different methods of hardening, you will need to read up a little bit before you determine.

On brands: If you want cheaper knives that can cut hard, try Coldsteel. Though most of their stuff is Taiwan made, but they have a good cutting edge. The Recon-1 which I bought, cutting edge is good, but still not fine enough, also it's AUS 8 steel. Locking mechanism can jam the blade from opening at times. Never on closing though.=:p

If you want long term reliable work horse, try Benchmade. I would give them a 9/10 rating. Though they are not the best, but their products will serve you well.

After going through lotsa blades, then you might wanna get your custom blade. You will determine what steel, what handle material and design to use. But prices are pretty steep and chances are if I do own one, it will never be used. =:p

Have fun shopping.

iParadigm

Reaction score
Perhaps, you can ask yourself what is your budget. Look for knives that interest you within you budget.

How do you determine beauty and functionality? It all depends on yourself. Whether you want the knives for collection or for usage, you will need to decide this.

If you are buying expensive knives, chances are you will not use them at all. But on the other hand, it depends on yourself on what type of steel blade is best suited for your use.

There are a lot of steel with different methods of hardening, you will need to read up a little bit before you determine.

On brands: If you want cheaper knives that can cut hard, try Coldsteel. Though most of their stuff is Taiwan made, but they have a good cutting edge. The Recon-1 which I bought, cutting edge is good, but still not fine enough, also it's AUS 8 steel. Locking mechanism can jam the blade from opening at times. Never on closing though.=:p

If you want long term reliable work horse, try Benchmade. I would give them a 9/10 rating. Though they are not the best, but their products will serve you well.

After going through lotsa blades, then you might wanna get your custom blade. You will determine what steel, what handle material and design to use. But prices are pretty steep and chances are if I do own one, it will never be used. =:p

Have fun shopping.

Thanks for all that advice. Where can custom blades be obtained? How do I determine what steel is good and identify them?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.