[Official cycling thread]

azimon

Reaction score
no worries. if you do want to try my bike out and have a feel of it, let me know, u can contact me at 97373514. i can always ride down in the evenings after work and let you have a feel of it cos sometimes, numbers and recommendations of a frame don't do as much justice as compared to actually riding a built-up bike :)
Thanks for the offer :)

But probably will go down on Tuesday afternoon to see what C2C recommends.

Last edited:

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow cyclists, hope you don't mind this quesiton. If a teeny weeny bit of paint comes off your bicycle, will you go buy the same colour paint and patch it up?

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow cyclists, hope you don't mind this quesiton. If a teeny weeny bit of paint comes off your bicycle, will you go buy the same colour paint and patch it up?
fug it... suppose to be rugged wat.. abit is ok la..

chiu will hang chiur bike on the wall then set up altar to worship it meh? :o

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Used to do a bit of patching but no matter how I do it, it could never be like the original paintwork. So now I change my mindset and take pride in the scratches...They are battle scars... A prove that my bike is for real use and not a wall display.

Btw, while waiting for a boat to go over to Pengarrang couple of weeks back, came across this group of roadies also waiting for their boat. Their roadies are all multi thousand dollars bikes but all kenna scratch like hell. Respect these guys man, they buy good bikes for functionality and actual use, not for show. :)

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score

If you're a frequent offroad rider, don't bother to patch them up, if black just use marker? Quick and Easy.

Patch them if you're a 100% confirm won't fall rider.

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fug it... suppose to be rugged wat.. abit is ok la..

chiu will hang chiur bike on the wall then set up altar to worship it meh? :o

Used to do a bit of patching but no matter how I do it, it could never be like the original paintwork. So now I change my mindset and take pride in the scratches...They are battle scars... A prove that my bike is for real use and not a wall display.

Btw, while waiting for a boat to go over to Pengarrang couple of weeks back, came across this group of roadies also waiting for their boat. Their roadies are all multi thousand dollars bikes but all kenna scratch like hell. Respect these guys man, they buy good bikes for functionality and actual use, not for show. :)

If you're a frequent offroad rider, don't bother to patch them up, if black just use marker? Quick and Easy.

Patch them if you're a 100% confirm won't fall rider.

True, true. Thanks for the opinions.

wenwen86

Reaction score
recommendation for wheels

hi guys...can i ask you all...i hope to upgrade my wheelset for my cannondale mountain bike but only have a budget of max max $500..

can anyone recommend something lighter and hopefully strong as well?

thks!

my riding style is 40% offroad and 60% on road...thks!

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys...can i ask you all...i hope to upgrade my wheelset for my cannondale mountain bike but only have a budget of max max $500..

can anyone recommend something lighter and hopefully strong as well?

thks!

my riding style is 40% offroad and 60% on road...thks!

Try to get quotations for XT hub, Mavic 717 rims and DT comp spokes. Might be able to stay within budget. Or maybe a XT hub, Syncros DS23 rims and DT comp spokes but this combination could be heavier than the first. And the Syncros DS23 rims seems to be out of stock all over Singapore. I also don't know how to judge how strong a rim/wheelset is.

Last edited:

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
DS23 ish strong... :o

anyway those wheelset mentioned are in the range of $370~

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of cos got white.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/forks

But people buy different model of fox not for the colours lah, they buy because of the different specs, some spring, some air, some adjustable travel.

i see, i need to match the specs and also colour... hee hee hee.... :D

how to see which range is better? based on travel, weight and spring type?

Last edited:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i see, i need to match the specs and also colour... hee hee hee.... :D

how to see which range is better? based on travel, weight and spring type?

What's your bicycle type? Cross country/all-mountain or..?

Cross country usually goes with 4" (100mm) travel or slightly less at 80mm. Fox has the F-series forks in that case; F80R-RLC or F100R-RLC.

Can check out on other longer travel Fox forks if your bike is an all-mountain/downhill one.

kopicow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi hi

juz want to check if anyone has any experience with the polygon shimano bike that safra is selling for the national runway cycling event?

how is the bike for a beginner like me? thanx =)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.