View Single Post
Old 28-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #654
KouAnKyuuKa
Banned

Salesman.... nope I am not a salesman

And this is a forum for discussion, what I stated is just a fact, and this ain't exactly a situation I am calling you to push a sale or you are right in front of me and I am trying to sell you something. Kasumi is a brand for kitchen knives, and yes they do have whetstone for sharpening knives, since it is related to their main core products kitchen knives. Just google for Kasumi knives and you will know it is not some unknown brand....... just that the stones are more like supplementary products for their knives, and they only got 2 combination stones and that's it. I mean it will be good if someone is just trying to get a wide range stones with varying grit without breaking the bank.

You dun believe me, that is your choice. I am just trying to let some EDMWers here know there are cheaper alternative beside ordering from Internet, because Internet you still got to wait for shipping and of course pay for the shipping. And of course, the main difference is you get to look, see and touch the stones before you decide. That's all I am trying to tell fellow EDMWers here, I am not saying anything bad about your purchase if that is what you think.

If you can't look past the fact that I am just trying to be helpful because not many people in Singapore actually knew where to buy them, then just ignore my posts. And so far only Kasumi stones are actually selling in Takashimaya, the rest we just sell in showroom only.
I'm replying to state some facts.

1. Ordering from internet is 90% of the time cheaper than buying from retailers in Singapore. For eg, Airbrush is almost 18 dollars cheaper and Rift is approximately 50 dollars cheaper when ordering online with shipping charges.

2. Kasumi Stones being whetstones will wear out faster than Diamond stones, having combination is not good if one is using frequently, also depends on knife material, HRC, angle of blade, etc.

3. The thing about kasumi stones is that they are unknown to the majority or may have been tested, but did not make the expectation.

To elaborate on point number 3:

Of course most of the time, buying choices are affected by reviews from one's social circle. The more reviews the better as it helps one to paint a mental picture on the product, based on one's past experience with something similar or a combination of similar experiences.

If a product is as good as a company claims it to be, there should be alot of reviews by now. Kitchen Samurai would have a hit with 'Kasumi' whetstones as search string.

I am also informing the forum users on things that they need to be aware of, or remind them.

What really irritates me is you sounded like a salesman trying to push 'inferior' (subjective) stones to unwary users that doesn't even holds a single review. To me, these products are a cause of suspicion.

Just to let everyone know, different 8000 grit stones gives different feel when sharpening and different finishes. What may look like mirror may not work as great.

With that, I bow out and leave the decision to the forum users.
KouAnKyuuKa is offline   Reply With Quote