View Single Post
Old 28-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #656
KouAnKyuuKa
Banned

Whether inferior or not, we can leave it to users of the product to decide, I am definitely not a user of such stones, you maybe a tad too suspicious about the whole thing. I simply present to you guys whatever information I have on hand, that includes pricing and the kind of discount normally given. I know since I work as Sales Admin (Note NOT Salesman) and I normally answer similar questions about pricing and discount either over the phone or visitor of the showroom. We sold a couple of Kasumi whetstones and yet to receive any complaints about the products so I really do not know if this means the product is "inferior" as deemed by you just because there is a lack of reviews. I mean the brand is definitely not as well known as Naniwa, Kitayama or Shapton, but doesn't necessary means it produce inferior product.
I have stressed a lot of times that a sharpening stone's quality is not known by touching or feeling the stone surface. It's the actual sharpening process that tells the user if the stone is doing a good job.

As of many products, there are always different grades. Perhaps, Kasumi is not using better 'stones' in it's fabrication? Nothing is known on it's material makeup. It will only be normal to assume if such information is not forthcoming, then the stone is of lower grade.

I tried my best to give whatever information I have on the kind of stones I have, and of course, I tried to recommend cheaper alternative as I feel that during such bad times, maybe people are looking for costs saving deals.

It is clearly a misunderstanding, I though you guys are looking for a simple whetstone that will not break the bank, and considering that it is such bad times.

And about the pricing being cheaper on Internet, not necessary so.

http://www.amazon.com/Kasumi-Combina.../dp/B00063Q98I -> Amazon selling this whetstone at $105.95, probably in USD and comes with free shipping, not sure if it will send to Singapore for free.

The price we have over here is $199 with 30% discount which is $139.30, and of course, you can actually touch and see the stone. But of course certain products are indeed cheaper on Internet.
I am not paying $140 for a piece of stone that does not hold a single review. Products that are good will have people spreading word about it.

I dun think all Kasumi stone users are unable to access the internet to give a in-depth review about their $140 stones. Or are they suffering in silence that they have paid $140 for a piece of stone no better than those in the wet market?

Anyway, this is an unfortunate misunderstanding, but if you really think I am a pushy salesman or some conman, that is where you are wrong, I got xXDragonXx asking me about certain product, I answered him in PM and he ask me to add him in MSN, but did I go and bug him to buy. No. Go ask him. What I only did is just quote him the price when he ask me.

Anyway, it is up to the individual to decide where and how they spent their money. And I certainly dun earn a single cent from it, I am only happy if they get what they are looking for and be happy with it.

Anyway, wish you good luck with your new hoot.
Sarcasm ?

I wouldn't be so bored as to bother whoever your alibi is. Really. Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe any single thing that you are saying due to your attitude.

But I do agree that people can spend their hard-earned money as they deem fit. No Objections. I simply went for the most reviewed items to avoid ending up in disappointment. And rest assured, I will fare better than those who bought Kasumi stones.
KouAnKyuuKa is offline   Reply With Quote