List of Freeware

MyNameIsNas

Reaction score
Anyone tried before?

Product Name: AntiFreeze
antifreeze_screen.gif

Product Description/Features:
AntiFreeze offers a last recourse when you find your computer in a hung state. Because programs consume too much CPU or too much memory or too many programs have been started, your computer has become unresponsive. The mouse still moves but no programs are responding, you cannot switch to other programs or even close them. You have even tried to start the Windows Task Manager even that won’t work because it does not get enough attention from the scheduler to respond to your mouse clicks and keyboard presses. You are ready to press the reset button, instead you can press the hotkey of AntiFreeze. It will put to sleep all running programs except the most critical ones, giving you the opportunity to close down the programs which are causing problems. You may even be able to save or recover your work.

Product Review: Download AntiFreeze to Recover from System Hang by Terminating Unresponsive Programs

Anyone using this smoothly? Well, it didn't 'walk the stated' for me. I think it even freezers important processors that are running. i pressed the key button and my whole vista right away in a coma state. Can't even open task manager. Also when it is restarting/logging off, it will stuck at Logging off':s11::s11::s11:

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not using antifreeze, but did u try it when ur system is not responding?

aneeskhan

Reaction score
Free BitTorrent Software

Free BitTorrent Software:

This is the one I use for my downloadings:
www.utorrent.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hire a Freelancer for your Web Development Solutions.
Affordable Rates!
http://www.getcha.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Product Name: Hard Disk Serial Number Changer
Hard-Disk-Serial-Number-Changer-250x167.gif

"Hard Disk Serial Number Changer" is one small freeware to change the hard drive serial number, this disk serial number is generated by Windows when you format a disk partition, many software and programs be bind to this serial number, with this small disk tool, you can get a new hard drive volume serial number right now, without reformatting your hard drive. The standard serial number format is XXXX-XXXX, using HEX symbols 0-9, A, B, C, D, E, F. after program change serial number; you need reboot PC to apply it correctly.
Product Review: NA

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Product Name: WinSplit Revolution
scheme_1.jpg

What is it for? WinSplit Revolution is a small utility which allows you to easily organize your open windows by tiling, resizing and positioning them to make the best use of your desktop real estate.

What can it do? WinSplit is especially useful for high-end LCD screens with high resolutions because it helps you to efficiently manage many active windows. For example WinSplit is useful for owners of the Dell 2407FPW monitor. As you can see in the screenshots below, the advantages of using WinSplit is that it saves you from having to drag and drop windows by allowing you to snap windows into specific tiled configurations using simple keyboard hotkeys.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Product Name: Primitive Duplicate Finder
pdf.gif

Primitive Disk Indexer is a simple program that will allow you to save the file structure of any disk. It will allow you to view what folders and files there are on a disk even if you do not have this disk. For example, if you have a large CD and DVD collection, you will be able to view what files there are on any disk without even having to touch that disk and insert it into the CD drive. The program will also be useful for Internet stores, you will be able to publish a separate file for each CD or DVD on your site and your customer will be able to view what files there are on that disk by downloading this file. The program has an Explorer-like interface. Disks of any type are supported: floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, hard disks, USB disks and others.
The program is absolutely free and does not require installation.

Viktoria

Reaction score
ery good information for new birds like us....
I hv a hard time 2 digest the info,
guess need some times to expose to it
anywhere,

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am looking for a good freeware disk defragger which actually DEFRAGS BOTH FILES AND DISK.

I am using Auslogics Disk defrag but what pisses me off is that it only defrags the FILES. When I see the map I notice that the disk is still very fragmented with files all over the place.

Please help me. Thanks :(

chuachongchee

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am looking for a good freeware disk defragger which actually DEFRAGS BOTH FILES AND DISK.

I am using Auslogics Disk defrag but what pisses me off is that it only defrags the FILES. When I see the map I notice that the disk is still very fragmented with files all over the place.

Please help me. Thanks :(
drafragger lor.. frm same company as ccleaner.. ;)

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about defragging as I don't defrag my system at all. Though I should do it once every half a year or so. Anyway, you can try defragger.

ASM_HWZ

Reaction score
MailStore Home

MailStore Home enables you to backup all your email messages from multiple applications and accounts into one secure and persistent archive...

• Microsoft Outlook 2000, XP, 2003 and 2007
  • Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail
  • Microsoft Exchange Server Mailboxes
  • Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
  • POP3 and IMAP (including webmail services such as Gmail and Yahoo)
  • .eml and other files...
preview.jpg

archive.jpg

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Half-open limit fix (patch) for Windows

Half-open_limit_fix_en.png

Half-open limit fix is a program designed to change the maximum number of concurrent half-open outbound TCP connections (connection attempts) in the Windows system file tcpip.sys.

Microsoft first introduced this limit in Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) and is present in later versions of Windows. This was done to try to slow the spreading of viruses and malware from system to system and also to reduce the impact of infected systems participating in DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.

This limit makes it impossible for Windows systems to have more than 10 concurrent half-open outbound connections. After 10, new connection attempts are put in a queue and forced to wait.

Therefore, the speed of connection to other computers is actually limited.

P2P (peer-to-peer) programs (µTorrent, BitComet, eMule, P2P TV etc.) are generally the most affected programs. As they use up all 10 of the half-open connections, other Internet activity, especially the loading of web pages, can be extremely slow. The delay before the beginning of opening can make some tens seconds. This happens regardless of the speed of your Internet connection.

Half-open limit fix takes care of this problem by increasing the maximum limit of half-open connections. For the overwhelming majority of Internet users, changing the limit to 100 will be more than sufficient.

Operating system: Windows XP SP1(x64)/SP2(x86,x64)/SP3, Vista without SP(x86,x64) and with SP1(x86,x64), 7 beta(x86,x64).

link: http://half-open.com/home_en.htm

T3rmite

Reaction score
GIMP

Product Name: GIMP
frontsplash.jpg

linux_dualscreen_griatch_art_thumb.jpg

What is it for? GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

Last edited:

nismo91

Reaction score
Product Name : 3RVX (v2.5)
Official Website : http://matt.malensek.net/software/documentation/3RVX.html
Download Website : http://www.softpedia.com/get/Deskto...esktop-Enhancements/3r1c-Volume-Control.shtml

3RVX.jpg

- What is 3RVX?
  • 3RVX is a free and useful OSD volume notification/control tool which emulates the volume bezel of Mac OS X. When the volume changes, the bezel pops up with the current system volume level. New skins included in v2.5
  • Display the volume level in the system tray (like in Vista)
  • Notify you when drives are ejected
- Why 3RVX?
  • You have a multimedia peripherals and wish to have visual indicators of what's the current volume level. Just like the laptops' volume wheel OSD, but 3RVX is better.
- I don't have multimedia keyboard to adjust volume.
  • You can now assign hotkey to increase or decrease volume. Example: Win+Up and Win+Down keys. Therefore, any keyboard would be compatible.
- What's so special about 3RVX?
  • 3RVX features custom volume levelling, so you can assign each stroke to increase 5% of volume, or 10% etc. 3RVX has customizable skin, you don't get bored with the same OSD like those pre-installed in laptops.
  • Latest version of 3RVX fixes some issues with fullscreen application. You will not experience 'stuck' volume like those in laptops' OSD. (i.e. pressing decrease volume once in full-screen apps will decrease volume all the way down.)
  • 3RVX can be placed anywhere in the desktop, you can map your desired OSD position.
  • 3RVX allows you to set the duration of OSD, including fade speed.
  • 3RVX works with various devices. (Tested : Griffin AirClick USB, A4Tech X6-55D, Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000, laptop volume wheel & hotkey)
Bottomline : 3RVX is a light and beautiful OSD tool to let you see what's the current volume level, just like your Television. It is compatible with many computers, remotes, and keyboards, yet is free-of-charge.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.