EDMW Knife Collectors

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, he can always ask to see our freshly sharpened knives provided the customers have not collect them, and I can demo cutting a piece of paper also....... my boss uses all those stones to sharpen all knives by hand..... :o

A lot of time, I think it is not just the stones, it is more like the techniques and experience of sharpening knives, and of course the steel of the knife edge.

Hey BlackWing, are you a Japanese chef? Do you know how to say slice an entire fish up into sashimi?

Can teach? :s13:

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share share some of my favourite knives. Have some more but they're in boxes in storeroom too lazy to go take out. :s13:

Benchmade AFCK I bought donkey years ago. I love the thin blade, smooth opening and quality of this knife. The coating is also very durable. Blade steel is ATS-34.

AFCK1.jpg

AFCK2.jpg

MiNt_HiPPo

Reaction score
Just to check, isit legal to bring in sword to singapore one huh?

Those TV show "七星宝剑“ ?

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiya...you got friends or not? hehe...

It's always been my dream to learn how to sashimi fish leh, then I can go fishing and whatever I catch can straightaway sashimi and eat on the spot...oishi!!

Go work in those Japanese restaurant lor..... :o

Lonerider

Reaction score
Share share some of my favourite knives. Have some more but they're in boxes in storeroom too lazy to go take out. :s13:

Benchmade AFCK I bought donkey years ago. I love the thin blade, smooth opening and quality of this knife. The coating is also very durable. Blade steel is ATS-34.

AFCK1.jpg

AFCK2.jpg

Sweet knife... Haven't seen those in a while... The knife that started the Spyderco-Benchmade controversy. The ATS-34 seems to be holding up very well. Is it chisel or v-ground?

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sweet knife... Haven't seen those in a while... The knife that started the Spyderco-Benchmade controversy. The ATS-34 seems to be holding up very well. Is it chisel or v-ground?

It's v-ground. The ATS-34 that Benchmade uses (I think heat treated by Paul Boss) holds its edge very well yet is very easy to get hair popping sharp. I think the thin blade profile of the AFCK helps also.

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this the one in Predator? Used by the Red Indian?

Haha...no. Actually it's a first generation INFI steel Busse Battle Mistress and was my knife wet dream for a long time. I knew I wanted it bad when i saw the videos of people chopping block after block of 2x4 and still able to shave hair afterwards.

Mine's a bit special because they usually came coated (only the collector versions come without coating) but I requested for an uncoated blade and they made a special one for me at no extra cost.

I know people say it's a collectible but I get my enjoyment out of cutting and chopping stuff, so I can't really stand putting them in a cabinet and just looking at it. The feeling of chopping wood with this baby is just pure heaven.

http://www.cutleryscience.com/reviews/busse_bm.html

Haven't bought any knives for a long time now, but recently this beauty caught my eye. Too bad it's made in Taiwan.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/knives/detail.asp?value=041G&cat_id=322&type_id=580

The blade shape is just beautiful to me.

Lonerider

Reaction score
An aquaintance of mine has just opened a webstore selling knives and such. Do contact Eric via email if you are interested in any of his products. Most major brands are there except for Benchmade. E-mail him for shipping quote. Should be around USD9-15 depending on the size of the knife. He accepts PP and CC. I'm not making anything out of this, just want to pass along a good deal. If you need something that he doesn't stock e-mail him. He may be able to arrange it for you.

http://www.xtremeoutdoorsupplies.com/

Lonerider

Reaction score
To i_got_a_question_to_ask who asked me about where I source my knives...

Another good online store I've bought from in the past is NGK (New Graham Knives), otherwise known as "The Pharmacy". Great prices on some stuff and quite a good range. Contact Annie should you have any queries about shipping and such. Best customer service I've ever gotten from any store. They once sent me 3 knives via USPS 1st Class International for USD9.95. No PP only CC, which is why I've slowed down buying from them. I've more or less avoided CC transactions due to security reasons.

That's about all the "lobangs" I can give out... I usually buy from these guys, eBay and from individuals. Won't recommend individuals due to an inherent risk of me getting involved should a deal go sour. Hope this helps...

http://newgraham.com/store/

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score

This arrived in the mail last week. My first custom knife. Blade is just slightly under 3inches. Handle is 440C SS with black linen micarta and SS (440C) bolsters. It is a manual flipper, the thumbstud is more decorative than functional. Blade steel is S30V cryo quenched and hardened to 59-60HRC. ed and it locks with a nice "thunk". Everything has been configured for a left hander. Blade stock was thicker than I expect. As a result of the materials and such the knife is a lot heavier than most knives in its size. Very sedated looks... Surprised with the fit and finish as this is the first time the maker made a left handed folder. First thing I did was to take a needle and make a small scratch on the steel-type etching. Now I'm not afraid to use it. I'll probably rotate this with my Endura 4 which is pictured here as comparison.

The next one is already in the works. This time with carbon fibre scales with silver twill G10 bolster. Other changes will be a thumbhole, lanyard hole and a different blade shape (took some pointers from Strider's blade shape design.

shaheenjamal

Reaction score
hi, sorry this might sound stupid but does anyone have a table of which steel is higher grade than the others? like a 1)this type 2) this type.

Lonerider

Reaction score
hi, sorry this might sound stupid but does anyone have a table of which steel is higher grade than the others? like a 1)this type 2) this type.

Not sure what you mean by "higher grade" cos every steel has it's own unique properties, pros and cons from hardness, toughness and corrosion resistance. A steel that's good for making drill bits and tools may not be good for making a pocket knife. One that's good for a pocket knife may not be suitable for making a mackete that'll be getting a lot of impact during it's use. Different steel for different uses I guess. Spyderco has a very comprehensive steel chart that can be viewed and downloaded here. Its' a huge file...

I'm a fan of Spyderco knives for sure but that's because they're not afraid to experiment with new steels. Kershaw has been experimenting with quite a number of steel too. Sadly Benchmade is still stuck with 154CM except for a few knives in S30V and the odd few in D2 and M4. Cold steel... They won't even disclose what goes into their blades. Their so called VG1 steel is not a standard type of steel but their own proprietory steel. Not that it's anything special. Same goes with INFI steel that Busse uses, the recipe if you may call it that is a very closely guarded secret.

shaheenjamal

Reaction score
aah understandable, its just that like the knives yall are talking about so far, the ones with a certain type of steel tend to be more expensive than lower grade steel pocket knives. so i was wondering for knives specifically, is there any way to tell which is a better grade of steel?

thanks for the link to the chart :)

mafia6

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i read from page 15-16-17 you guys still know where to get blunt/real katanas at reasonable prices? i looked at the shop at suntec its really expensive. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.