Wat is Army Developmental Force?

Reaction score
Are u sure u wan to sign on as ADF?

I have seen their morn pt. run 2.4 dono how many times like siao...

then at nite some of them will wear sbo without rifle and run ard the parade square. i rmb 1 of them kana chased by dogs lol....

be mentally and physically prepared if u wan go in.

gd luck

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why so narrow minded? F*** can mean alot of words. Fish. Foot. Food. Fool. Fake. Fill. Flip. Fame. Face. Fact. Fade. Fail. Fall. Fair. Farm. Fast. Fate. Fawn. Faux. Fear. Feet. Feed. Feel. Fend. Fete. Feud. Fire. Film. Firm. Fist. Flag. Flaw. Flat. Flap. Flop. Flow. Foam. Flux. Foil. Fold. Folk. Fond. Fort. Foul. Fowl. Frag. Fray. Free. Fume. Fury. Funk. Fuzz. Fuse. So on and so forth.
Keep an open mind lah okay?
there's a reason why he's the moderator :s8:

rankless

Reaction score
depend on wat u sign on lor... u sign on as commander there are tours for u... but if u sign on as a men is ADF....

strikeback4

Reaction score
PDF and ADF is 2 different force

PDF is the division in charge of homeland security in Singapore, just like the National Guards in the US, they protect vital installation in Singapore and deter any terroist threat, to make it simple, they are doing guard duty in important area.

ADF is a unit which test out any new items the army come out with, for example if the army come out with new tactis to fight, new weapons to use and so on, ADF will be the one testing them, as such the always have the latest equipment compare to other units.

As for training wise, it will depend on ur vocation and maybe luck as ADF comprises many other ppl, but ADF will always be tougher that any other unit for they will learn everything but other unit will learn what the army think is the most effective based on the testing and results done by ADF.

Last edited by a moderator:

lam3r7

Reaction score
Are u sure u wan to sign on as ADF?

I have seen their morn pt. run 2.4 dono how many times like siao...

then at nite some of them will wear sbo without rifle and run ard the parade square. i rmb 1 of them kana chased by dogs lol....

be mentally and physically prepared if u wan go in.

gd luck

yup~i thinking of going into something lyk tt.... more challanging and fun ma~ =D

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They don't just test equipment and tactics. They're operationally ready too. When those 3 robbers from Indonesia landed on Tekong, ADF was one of the units despatched to hunt them down.

strikeback4

Reaction score
Last edited by rockstarz : Today at 07:59 PM. Reason: Remove sensitive subject

may i know which part of my last paragragh was sensitive?

anyway yup i knew they are a active unit too, when they come to 6 sir to recruit us, they tell us about themselves and some of my friends wanted to join but our PC discourage it because he say they are way too "active" by being activate for 2/4 NTM

rockstarz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited by rockstarz : Today at 07:59 PM. Reason: Remove sensitive subject

may i know which part of my last paragragh was sensitive?

We don't need to announce to the public who are the usual 2NTM forces it's a breach of OPSSEC .

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From those who wish to sign on ADF, my knowledge is up to ADF Men & Spec even though I know there are officer in ADF who are leading a section of men =P The 1st 2 batches of ADF start as gurad & the rest of ADF is infantry.

Army recuitment will only ask people who wish to sign a short term bond of 3 years & they can give you the lump sum of money before you even end your 3 years bond.

But they will never tell you that it is a ADF-men vocation, Haha, mostly you will not be promotion to be a 3SG. When you are near your 3 years bond as a LCP, they will ask you if you want to be promoted to be CPL, if yes, you needs to serve extra few months more on top of your 3 years bond.

There is another vocation & that is ADF-spec. I forget if the bond is 4 years or 5 years liao but at less you may hold the last rank of 2SG which are about the same time as normal infantry sepc who are at 5-6 years bond just that they hold 2SG much faster then ADF-Spec.

So, if you want to sign ADF, remember to ask AFC what ADF vocation you are signing for & if it is a men, ask for spec.

lam3r7

Reaction score
From those who wish to sign on ADF, my knowledge is up to ADF Men & Spec even though I know there are officer in ADF who are leading a section of men =P The 1st 2 batches of ADF start as gurad & the rest of ADF is infantry.

Army recuitment will only ask people who wish to sign a short term bond of 3 years & they can give you the lump sum of money before you even end your 3 years bond.

But they will never tell you that it is a ADF-men vocation, Haha, mostly you will not be promotion to be a 3SG. When you are near your 3 years bond as a LCP, they will ask you if you want to be promoted to be CPL, if yes, you needs to serve extra few months more on top of your 3 years bond.

There is another vocation & that is ADF-spec. I forget if the bond is 4 years or 5 years liao but at less you may hold the last rank of 2SG which are about the same time as normal infantry sepc who are at 5-6 years bond just that they hold 2SG much faster then ADF-Spec.

So, if you want to sign ADF, remember to ask AFC what ADF vocation you are signing for & if it is a men, ask for spec.

so does it means that even if you are from OCS also got chance to be in ADF as a MAN (LCP,CPL)? Another question will be that aft 3 years bond for LCP and 4-5 years bond for 2SG, will will bond be renewed?  

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCS as an officer or OCT? Well, if you are an Officer, you will not be demoted to men.

The answer is yes you can renewed but in a different bond.

My BMT PL mate & some of his ADF-men batch mates never renew the bond.

Reason cause they feel cheated to sign on as a men & even for spec, their promotion is super slow compact to normal infantry spec.

No much of career advancement. It is just for people who needs hard cash in advan & don't mind serve 1 more year (ADF-men = 3years) compact to NSF.

so does it means that even if you are from OCS also got chance to be in ADF as a MAN (LCP,CPL)? Another question will be that aft 3 years bond for LCP and 4-5 years bond for 2SG, will will bond be renewed?  

lam3r7

Reaction score
OCS as an officer or OCT? Well, if you are an Officer, you will not be demoted to men.

The answer is yes you can renewed but in a different bond.

My BMT PL mate & some of his ADF-men batch mates never renew the bond.

Reason cause they feel cheated to sign on as a men & even for spec, their promotion is super slow compact to normal infantry spec.

No much of career advancement. It is just for people who needs hard cash in advan & don't mind serve 1 more year (ADF-men = 3years) compact to NSF.

wat u mean by different bond? this time 3 years bond den next is 5 years den another 4 year? aniway thx for ur information... =D

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For this matter, you have to check with ARC because the turn over rate is very high & they do have have any carrer advancement for ADF & so they can change anythings about ADF at anytime.

You can sign on again for the same 3 year bond as an ADF-men & get your CPL rank or you can sign on ADF-Spec for your 3SG or you can sign on as a normal infantry spec.

My advice is you should not sign on ADF if you want a carrer in the army.
(Eg: Your BMT mate now is a CSM holding SSG while you start to sign on ADF-Spec as a 3SG because you are now a CPL who have sign 2 times of ADF-men contract.)

You only sign on ADF-men because you don't mind serve 1 more year compact to NSF while gettring REG paid + hard cash in advance for your lump-sum.

wat u mean by different bond? this time 3 years bond den next is 5 years den another 4 year? aniway thx for ur information... =D

Last edited:

lam3r7

Reaction score
For this matter, you have to check with ARC because the turn over rate is very high & they do have have any carrer advancement for ADF & so they can change anythings about ADF at anytime.

You can sign on again for the same 3 year bond as an ADF-men & get your CPL rank or you can sign on ADF-Spec for your 3SG or you can sign on as a normal infantry spec.

My advice is you should not sign on ADF if you want a carrer in the army.
(Eg: Your BMT mate now is a CSM holding SSG while you start to sign on ADF-Spec as a 3SG because you are now a CPL who have sign 2 times of ADF-men contract.)

You only sign on ADF-men because you don't mind serve 1 more year compact to NSF while gettring REG paid + hard cash in advance for your lump-sum.

ok~ i get wat u mean already... i will consider going into ADF if i wanna get into a uni aft the 3 years of army life =D thx for ur infomation... thx =D

Verteu

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am ex ADF, finally ORD.

Since it is Classified unit , although tons of people know about them.

Firstly you should ask yourself why you wanna to sign on? If you wanna sign on army as a CAREER, i suggest you should take a look at other department. Life is not as simple as you think, you can see the reply and 'i hear ADF very siong' =)

ADF do offer a short term contract as different vocation, take a look at ARC website.

When you sign on, you will have to go through a 3 month 'trainee' course (AKA CQC) to beef up your PHYSICAL and MENTAL strenght. Is not easy i would say. IMHO i would say is worst then BMT and you feel like a dog =)

During the 3months CQC course, i went to taiwan and TONs of outfield and live firming.

After you passout from CQC, life is much way better but workload is the same. You will have outfields which can last up to a MONTH. Is a operation at outfield.(I wont name it) Countless of 2NTM and live firing. You will shoot till you scared. All sorts of weapon to play with. Oversea UN mission. Some country i went during my contract, Thailand, Taiwan, Brunei, Australia and USA.

Do prepare to have your weekends burn badly. I still remember i just back from 3days outfield and prepare to turn in for the night and book out 2molo morning. Suddenly the PA sounded and told us to fall in, in our FBO all thanks to 'MSK' if you do know what is that. There goes another 2week in camp.

Theres is TONS of other stuff, i wont say here. I might even get into trouble for the above.

Do pm me if you wanna know more.

Afterall i would say i do ENJOY my stay at ADF and i learn TONS of stuff and meet people from all sorts of life. This is what i really call ARMY.

White_Ghost

Reaction score
I wanted to sign on. But now that I am 32. MINDEF rejected me. I would love to join ADF anytime. To me, Army is my life. It is an adventure. Long story why I didn't sign on, even though I was offered after my ORD.

But, hell, yeah, anytime SAF wants me back as ADF trooper, I join back to BMTC just to get back in shape! :s13:

Read my lips: ANYTIME! Oorah!

P.S. I didn't know Bedok Camp got patrol or training dogs. Also, with all respect due to the late Lt. Colonel Bernard Tan - ADF was my written proposal to him back in 2000 as my ORD gift. No B.S.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted to sign on. But now that I am 32. MINDEF rejected me. I would love to join ADF anytime. To me, Army is my life. It is an adventure. Long story why I didn't sign on, even though I was offered after my ORD.

But, hell, yeah, anytime SAF wants me back as ADF trooper, I join back to BMTC just to get back in shape! :s13:

Read my lips: ANYTIME! Oorah!

P.S. I didn't know Bedok Camp got patrol or training dogs. Also, with all respect due to the late Lt. Colonel Bernard Tan - ADF was my written proposal to him back in 2000 as my ORD gift. No B.S.
u siao...................

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.