[Official cycling thread]

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
mavic 717/dt comp/xt hubs - $350~
vee brakes can look for Avid SD7, or the shimano mtb range(deore, LX, XT).. shud hover ard $100+..

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
mavic 717/dt comp/xt hubs - $350~
vee brakes can look for Avid SD7, or the shimano mtb range(deore, LX, XT).. shud hover ard $100+..

Thanks tecnica,assuming I change all those stuff,any other stuff that I need to budget for?Like deraileur or fork or anything?That is on the premise that I am upgrading to disc brakes in the future when I decide to go offroad.As before,thank you for your reply.

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thanks tecnica,assuming I change all those stuff,any other stuff that I need to budget for?Like deraileur or fork or anything?That is on the premise that I am upgrading to disc brakes in the future when I decide to go offroad.As before,thank you for your reply.
u need to check whether ur fork and frame is disc ready, that is does the fork and frame have disc tabs..

if there is no disc tab u cant install disc brake, although i knew there are disc adapter ard..

assuming ur fork and frame already have disc tabs, u need to get disc hubs for ur wheelset in order to mount the rotors

so in short:

fork/frame: to mount disc caliper
wheelset: to mount rotor

both essential for a disc brake system.. hydraulic or mechanical, tats another discussion altgt when u decide to go for disc brake

OR! to save all the trouble and still assuming ur fork and frame is disc ready! u can up ur brake budget to $250~ and get Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers coupled with Avid SD7 brake levers, then hoot 2x centrelock rotorsl :D

ur bike will be trail worthy in days to come~ :s7:

Last edited:

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u need to check whether ur fork and frame is disc ready, that is does the fork and frame have disc tabs..

if there is no disc tab u cant install disc brake, although i knew there are disc adapter ard..

assuming ur fork and frame already have disc tabs, u need to get disc hubs for ur wheelset in order to mount the rotors

so in short:

fork/frame: to mount disc caliper
wheelset: to mount rotor

both essential for a disc brake system.. hydraulic or mechanical, tats another discussion altgt when u decide to go for disc brake

OR! to save all the trouble and still assuming ur fork and frame is disc ready! u can up ur brake budget to $250~ and get Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers coupled with Avid SD7 brake levers, then hoot 2x centrelock rotorsl :D

ur bike will be trail worthy in days to come~ :s7:

Thanks for answering all my queries,I really appreciate it!

ilovesashimi

Reaction score
HI DUDES!

any new road bike for about 1k which is good?

can intro me? planning to get a road bike to replace my MTB.

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
HI DUDES!

any new road bike for about 1k which is good?

can intro me? planning to get a road bike to replace my MTB.

Helio 300 from Rodalink!

Polygon brand 6months ago check the price is $930

Btw, are u going for competition? If not , why not get an hybrid? MTB style bic running on 700c wheel.

Last edited:

ilovesashimi

Reaction score
Helio 300 from Rodalink!

Polygon brand 6months ago check the price is $930

Btw, are u going for competition? If not , why not get an hybrid? MTB style bic running on 700c wheel.

hello hello thanks for quick reply!:)
i don't think i will be going for competition. if i wanna get a hybrid . my MTB must be hard tail + will be still heavier in whatever way. which is a no-no for me in mtbiking. how ah? my MTB max speed is only 51km/h. i wanna go higher to maybe 70 , possible to do it with a road bike? advisable to get a road bike for a person like me?

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i don't think i will be going for competition. if i wanna get a hybrid . my MTB must be hard tail + will be still heavier in whatever way. which is a no-no for me in mtbiking. how ah? my MTB max speed is only 51km/h. i wanna go higher to maybe 70 , possible to do it with a road bike? advisable to get a road bike for a person like me?
buy a car/motorbike.. easily can x2 the speed.. :s22:

.-*-.至尊宝.-*-.

Master Member
Reaction score

max speed 51km/h can maintain how long ? my max is 56.3km/h but can't maintain. go fast no use if you can't maintain.

speedstream

Reaction score
more than decent. next upgrade should definitely be your fork to enjoy more :)

hup leong selling 2009 SID Race at $650, Reba Race $550..
and there's a 2nd hand 2008 SID going at $450 also... cough buy leh cough :D

SID Race and Reba Race all sold out liao.
RS left SID Team version.

Nordicstic

Master Member
Reaction score

hybrid... neither here nor there.. dun waste money la. wan chiong speed. get a roadbike... if wan go offroad get a mtb..

hybrid... u will regret.

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score

Agreed with technica. want so much speed, get motorcycle. But I think most who stick to bicycle is becos we can get great work out and at same time great convenient.

goaheadbingostan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, can feel speed when riding motorcycle, but dangerous.

Btw, what do you think of these pedals?

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/pedalite-pedals/index.html

plus this

p2307ex3.jpg

plus this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REElUors1pQ

:s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.