IT security events

jason12

Reaction score
hi are there any upcoming IT security events?

I'm thinking of going there to look at the latest technologies available in the market and upgrade my knowledge

chuachongchee

Reaction score
Well.. Checkpoint Experience is jus over??

Sometimes these events are pretty random... end year usually has gov ware too.. cant rememb if its once a year or two..

existence

Reaction score
hi are there any upcoming IT security events?

I'm thinking of going there to look at the latest technologies available in the market and upgrade my knowledge

There is an upcoming SAP event in Suntec Convention Hall.
I got the mailer invitation... =P
I need to find the date though...

jason12

Reaction score
hey.. thanks.. i googled it. the event is at the end of the month --> 31st July

but i will give it a miss since it does not directly affect my current job which deals more with crisis management and emergency planning...

any lobang for such events as well?

existence

Reaction score
hey.. thanks.. i googled it. the event is at the end of the month --> 31st July

but i will give it a miss since it does not directly affect my current job which deals more with crisis management and emergency planning...

any lobang for such events as well?

not that i know of. but will inform you if i know of any :)

ditchdoggy

Reaction score
thx 4 sharing all. it will be nice if this can be a sticky where infosec related events can be pinned up!

quantiq

Reaction score
SSH Live Technology Update Seminar

Hi!

We have a seminar on how to secure file transfer sponsored by SSH. Please click the link below for more details. To register and for more information, please email: marketing@quantiqint.com

Thanks!

Quantiq

Last edited:

aispsecretariat

Reaction score
There will be a Information Security Seminar 2009, jointly organised by AISP and IDA on 2 -3 April, check out AISP website!

Last edited:

benghacks

Reaction score
http://allboutsecurity.wordpress.com/

Event Details:
Date: April 09 2009
Venue: Temasek Polytechnic Auditoria 2
Time: 2 – 6pm

Programme List:
1:30pm – 2:00pm – Registration
2:00pm – 2:05 pm – Organiser Speech / Opening
2:05pm – 3:05 pm – Honeypots and Botnet by Mr Cecil Su
3:05pm – 3:45pm – Tea Break and Student Project Show Case
3:45pm – 4:45pm – Information Leakage by Mr Wong Onn Chee
4:45pm – 5:45 pm – Detecting and Removing Malware without antivirus by Mr Ching Tim Meng
5.45pm – 6:00pm – Closing

cyberexperiments

Reaction score
We are seeking candidates to participate in a series of experiments aimed at studying the mental models of System/Security Administrators when performing cyber investigations. Each participant is expected to spend about 3 hours in a computer lab-based environment.

We will also remunerate participants for their time spent and contribution to the experiments. Please help to forward this invitation to anyone whom you think may be interested.

For more details please go to <http://security.dso.org.sg/main.php?accessleft=0&accessright=2>.

aispsecretariat

Reaction score
AISP Academic Series-May & June

AISP organises monthly academic series that are very well-received. Upcoming in May & June, there are 2 talks. Do visit our website www.aisp.sg for more details:

Academic Series - A Practical Framework to Protect Your Business Against Information Leakage - the DEFICIT^TM Framework

Date: 29 May 2009, Friday
Time: 1.30pm - 5.30pm
(3.5 CPE hrs)

Academic Series - Safeguarding Critical Information Assets

Date: 10 June 2009, Wednesday
Time: 1.30pm - 5.30pm
(3.5 CPE hrs)

quantiq

Reaction score
IDC SecurityVision 2009 21st May GrandCopthorne Hotel

Quantiq International together with Lumension, the global leader in operational endpoint security software will be participating in the upcoming IDC SecurityVision 2009 Conference at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore.

This event entitled ""IT Security Strategies: Weathering the Economic Storm" will address why Security Investment is still important and will bring together security experts from Across the Asia Pacific to d discuss the following hot topics:

• What is the impact of financial crisis on IT security spending?
  • How should businesses align budgets and resources to make smart security investment?
  • What strategies should businesses employ to implement comprehensive security defense and ensure corporate governance for regulatory compliance?
  • How does IT security achieve business continuity and accelerate business efficiency?

This power packed event is designed for CEO, CFO, CTO, CIO, MDs, Directors, VPs, Research & Development, IT Directors & Project Officers, IT Administrators / Engineers, Systems Architect/Designers from different industries.

For more information and registration, please go to: http://www.idc.com.sg/Security2009/
All delegates attending IDC's SecurityVision Conference 2009 will have a chance to win Nokia E75 by visiting sponsor's tabletops so make sure that you drop by in our booth.

See you there!

quantiq

Reaction score
Invitation to Webinar: Control and Track High-Risk Users

What is a "high-risk" user?
A high-risk user:
• Has a high degree of technical knowledge
• Has broad access to the IT infrastructure
• Uses powerful tools to do his/her job

High-risk users include:• IT/ Application Developers • Contractors
• Vendors • Customers
• Partners • Internal IT Operations

Why should customers care about controlling the activities of
high-risk users?

A recent profile of insider attacks showed that a company is most vulnerable from technical users.
“86% of insider attacks were either previously or currently employed fulltime
employees in a technical position within the organization.”

— Insider Threat Study: CERT
This risk is growing due to the increase in IT and application development
outsourcing and the need to secure infrastructure from vendor access.

Learn how to control and track high-risk users to maintain security and compliance while increasing operational efficiency.

This webcast will show you how to:
* Easily control & track high-risk user access;
* Save valuable time, reduce complexity and cut costs;
* Restrict users to authorized areas
* Improve operational efficiency w;
* Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.

Date: Wed, Jun 17, 2009 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM SGT
Cost: Free

Click here to register: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/459228714

Last edited:

quantiq

Reaction score
Free Seminar: Combating the Insider Threat and Securing Privileged Passwords

This seminar will reiterate the severity of and threat to corporate IT posed by insider attacks, especially those insiders with privileged access rights.

Topics included:

• The liabilities of uncontrolled admin, root and application-script identities
  • Compliance implications of Privileged Identity Management
  • Why it's essential to audit generic and privileged accounts?
  • The importance of removing hard-coded passwords from applications and scripts
  • How to lockdown local administrator accounts on workstations
  • How we can assist companies to seal up holes in their identity security model.
  • Sucess Stories

Who should attend:
IT Manager, CIO, CEO, CISO, Risk and Compliance, Director, Infra, IT Security Officers, MIS Manager, Project Managers, IT Security Executives

For more information:
Call +65 6746 8696
Email: marketing@quantiqint.com

Date: 23rd June 2009

Time: 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM

Venue: Mandarin Ballroom II, 6th Floor Main Tower, Meritus Mandarin Singapore 333 Orchard Road, Singapore 238867

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.