Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

went to hong tar and best tech for mitsubishi electric aircon

Shop 1, Hong Tar
a) Brand, model and thickness of the insulation.
thermoflex, class 0, 1/2 inch thick.
b) Brand and thickness of the copper pipe.
gauge 23
c) Installation warranty period where labour, transportation and parts
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years warranty.
d) Brand and model of the air conditioner.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 / MSXYGA10(3units) / MSXY6A26 (9K+9K+9K+26K)
e) Price quoted.
$4070
f) Any other services they are providing or you have requested.
dismantling of 3 old window units, they insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

Shop 2, BestTech
a) Brand, model and thickness of the insulation.
K-flex, class 1, 3/8 inch thick.
b) Brand and thickness of the copper pipe.
gauge 23
c) Installation warranty period where labour, transportation and parts
are inclusive.
1 Year warranty for parts and workmanship, compressor got 5 years
warranty, plus $160 bucks servicing voucher.
d) Brand and model of the air conditioner.
Mitsubishi Electric, MXY4A28 (9K+9K+9K+18K)
e) Price quoted.
$3947
f) Any other services they are providing or you have requested.
dismantling of 3 old window units, they did not insist to take the old
air-cons with them.

which would be a better bet? both refuse to change any specs of thier installation. I live in bukit batok street 21, 4-room A. Please advice as i am quite clueless.

Thanks in Advance!

u shld try copper 22 instead of thinner 23.

my quote from GC:

inverter sys4 toshiba $3697, Mitsubishi $3750, include below:

* class 0 armaflex 1/2 inchi;

* copper gauge 22;

* 16mm drainage pipe;

* stainless bracket and dismantling old aircon;

Last edited:

Klatzz

Reaction score
u shld try copper 22 instead of thinner 23.

my quote from GC:

inverter sys4 toshiba $3697, Mitsubishi $3750, include below:

* class 0 armaflex 1/2 inchi;

* copper gauge 22;

* 16mm drainage pipe;

* stainless bracket and dismantling old aircon;

the sys 4 u got is 3 X 9K + 1 X 18K?

GC anywhere is the same rite?

I got another question, which is better? K-Flex, Armaflex or ThermoFlex?

Natural cool got any branch in the west?

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the sys 4 u got is 3 X 9K + 1 X 18K?

GC anywhere is the same rite?

I got another question, which is better? K-Flex, Armaflex or ThermoFlex?

Natural cool got any branch in the west?

no, 3 9k and 1 12k, 4 bedroom, mbr i ask for 12k. GC not same anywhere, but above price
is cheapest for GC.

for insulation, i think armaflex will be the best, becoz GC only promote this type, also i got from renotalk forumers, he highlighted that armaflex is best insulation so far.

Naturecool is a contractor like GC and all best.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
any idea how much a Daikan sys 3 inverter cost?
thank.

I just bought a daikin inverter R410 for about $4k. Comes with 3 blower and one system 4 condenser. Rooms are using standard 25(9k) and living room using 50(18k).

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought a daikin inverter R410 for about $4k. Comes with 3 blower and one system 4 condenser. Rooms are using standard 25(9k) and living room using 50(18k).

sys 4? where u get from? 4k is quite cheap.

i got hope.

can hightlight your material used? warranty?

kan xia.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score

so yours is sys-3 or sys-4? :s8:

coz you mentioned 3 blowers and one sys-4 condenser?

what's the BTU rating of the compressor?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here can serve u as a guide.
http://coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/coolAdvisor/cool_advisor.asp

but than there is R22 n R410A.
thank, if possible will try go for R410A because it more environmental friendly.

i check around, the latest pansonic JKZ series inverter sys 3 with 25,6000BTU selling $3099, for non inverter version is $2099. both using R410A.
seem like Daikan non inverter all still using R22.
for Daikin sys that can match panasonic n spec is 4MKS80ESG/3 X FTKS25 3 X 8,188Btu/hr at $3,314.00

still cannot decide Daikin worth the extra money or not.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should post in here too :D

Single or Twin Compressor is good?

I may need to replace my Sys-3 soon - debating whether to get Daikin Inverter Sys-3 or Mitsubishi Electric Inverter Sys-3 or Panasonic Inverter Sys-3.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should post in here too :D

Single or Twin Compressor is good?

I may need to replace my Sys-3 soon - debating whether to get Daikin Inverter Sys-3 or Mitsubishi Electric Inverter Sys-3 or Panasonic Inverter Sys-3.
we almost in the same shoe! :s22:

for energy saving twin Compressor is always better for non inverter sys because if you on aircon for 1rm, with signle compressor sys it will always run in full power.
if i not wrong for non inverter Daikin is the only one still with single compressor, the rest of brands all are twin compressor. for inverter all should be using single compressor.

personally i think now Mitsubishi popular now mainly because of their heavily advertising like XX这里, CC这里.
Panasonic was from National which a good reliable brand for aircon and their latest envio quite attractive.
Daikin a brand with big name and mainly dealing with aircon but also come with for a higher price tag.
still got toshiba and sanyo. some places are pushing these 2 brands.
korea brand is out for me.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we almost in the same shoe! :s22:

for energy saving twin Compressor is always better for non inverter sys because if you on aircon for 1rm, with signle compressor sys it will always run in full power.
if i not wrong for non inverter Daikin is the only one still with single compressor, the rest of brands all are twin compressor. for inverter all should be using single compressor.

personally i think now Mitsubishi popular now mainly because of their heavily advertising like XX这里, CC这里.
Panasonic was from National which a good reliable brand for aircon and their latest envio quite attractive.
Daikin a brand with big name and mainly dealing with aircon but also come with for a higher price tag.
still got toshiba and sanyo. some places are pushing these 2 brands.
korea brand is out for me.
i hav check liao...some inverter also use twin compressor.

mayb becos toshiba n sanyo no business ma, so they ask salesman to recommend. :s13:

but than for mitsubishi, mayb they also no ppl wan to buy their product, so ask jxxk neo to advertise...:s13::s13: not sure is it true or not?

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is using system 4 condenser with 3 blowers, so as to max out the power of the blower if all 3 are switched on. Total paid near to $4k, inclusive GST. Material wise, it is among the best as recommended by the blog that i had posted earlier, class 0 and guage 22 (I think). Dunno what is the btu rating of the condenser but is the normal Daikin MKXXXX for R410A inverter as both system 3 and 4 has only one type of condenser.

I have called a few installers including Natural cool, Coolserve, DS?, Mr cool etc and Hong Tar gives me the best quotes. But be prepared to have long waiting time for them to come to install at your place as their schedule is quite packed. My in-laws place is still under-going renovation, so the installation is not complete yet so I can't comment on the workmanship.

You might also want to try to get quotations from the other shops listed by the aircon blog. It did helped me to get better quotes.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is using system 4 condenser with 3 blowers, so as to max out the power of the blower if all 3 are switched on. Total paid near to $4k, inclusive GST. Material wise, it is among the best as recommended by the blog that i had posted earlier, class 0 and guage 22 (I think). Dunno what is the btu rating of the condenser but is the normal Daikin MKXXXX for R410A inverter as both system 3 and 4 has only one type of condenser.

I have called a few installers including Natural cool, Coolserve, DS?, Mr cool etc and Hong Tar gives me the best quotes. But be prepared to have long waiting time for them to come to install at your place as their schedule is quite packed. My in-laws place is still under-going renovation, so the installation is not complete yet so I can't comment on the workmanship.

You might also want to try to get quotations from the other shops listed by the aircon blog. It did helped me to get better quotes.

do let us know the performance when you've installed it.

Everybody seems to swear by Daikin, but so far from the 3 people i personally know who uses Daikin: first one has a room which is perpetually not cool; second one I personally experience when i went to his study room (not cool); while the third says okay (only that she's an occasional user).

One thing to note... electrical bills were pretty low too (not considering the occasional user).

System-3 for almost 4k is a bit more exp than other brands. :s8:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do let us know the performance when you've installed it.

Everybody seems to swear by Daikin, but so far from the 3 people i personally know who uses Daikin: first one has a room which is perpetually not cool; second one I personally experience when i went to his study room (not cool); while the third says okay (only that she's an occasional user).

One thing to note... electrical bills were pretty low too (not considering the occasional user).

System-3 for almost 4k is a bit more exp than other brands. :s8:
do u mean daikin inverter?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i know the first 2 uses Daikin Inverter... not too sure about the third one.
by rite, inverter shld cool faster than non-inverter, since its compressor btu is more powerful than non-inverter. did the 1st 2 cleans its outdoor unit fin? indoor unit filter? these shld be done regularly(at least 2 to 3 weeks for frequent use) to maintain the powerful of aircon..:s12:

Klatzz

Reaction score
anyone has insight which is better or tried any and find it good?

Insulation
K Flex
Thermo Flex
Armaflex

Note: Hong Tar only provide therma flex and best tech only provide K Flex.

I am going to take the plunge soon, please help me here.

Thanks!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has insight which is better or tried any and find it good?

Insulation
K Flex
Thermo Flex
Armaflex

Note: Hong Tar only provide therma flex and best tech only provide K Flex.

I am going to take the plunge soon, please help me here.

Thanks!
mine(Daikin) from TRENDS HOME ELECTRICAL is using K-Flex..no problem at all.. as long as it is black, than is alrite ba..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.