EDMW Knife Collectors

Lonerider

Reaction score
Asked them before. Quite ridiculous. The guy didn't want to show me the catalog (which had prices). He took out calculator, punch punch punch - ta da! Selling at more than MSRP! :eek: (FYI you can buy SOGs at half the MSRP online.) :s13:

Thanks but I'll stick to the net. :s8:

Wow... thanks for that info. I've always wanted to visit their shop but a bit too far for me... Especially since they're the only real knife dealer in Singapore. Guess I'm not missing anything much.

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asked them before. Quite ridiculous. The guy didn't want to show me the catalog (which had prices). He took out calculator, punch punch punch - ta da! Selling at more than MSRP! :eek: (FYI you can buy SOGs at half the MSRP online.) :s13:

Thanks but I'll stick to the net. :s8:

hi where is sngarms located now?

Accura69

Reaction score
Guys, let me share my recent (last week) experience in collecting my knife from Singpost & A&SE. I ordered my ka-bar #1213 Kraton G handle with SGF sheath from an online seller and he shipped it out using USPS. The parcel arrived from NYC to spore and was detained by Singpost pending GST checks, Singpost wrote to me and asked me down to show invoice for the purchase.

I went down and show them the invoice and the singpost guy told me to open it up for inspection, he saw the ka-bar and said he was a "dagger" and wrote it down in a form and told me that it will be send to A&E for further inspection.

The following day, i went to A&E at cantonment and when I opened the parcel and show them, they asked me why did I declare it as a dagger. I told him it was his competent counterpart in ICA that wrote that down. He didnt even told a second look and told me ok and signed a book to take the knife back. Wasted one day leave.

Lonerider

Reaction score
Guys, let me share my recent (last week) experience in collecting my knife from Singpost & A&SE. I ordered my ka-bar #1213 Kraton G handle with SGF sheath from an online seller and he shipped it out using USPS. The parcel arrived from NYC to spore and was detained by Singpost pending GST checks, Singpost wrote to me and asked me down to show invoice for the purchase.

I went down and show them the invoice and the singpost guy told me to open it up for inspection, he saw the ka-bar and said he was a "dagger" and wrote it down in a form and told me that it will be send to A&E for further inspection.

The following day, i went to A&E at cantonment and when I opened the parcel and show them, they asked me why did I declare it as a dagger. I told him it was his competent counterpart in ICA that wrote that down. He didnt even told a second look and told me ok and signed a book to take the knife back. Wasted one day leave.

Is the upper clip of that knife sharpened? Cos if it is they may consider it a dagger which is pretty ridiculous as only a small portion of that blade is sharpened unlike daggers and stilettos. Did you note down the ICA guy's name? Usually this old timer that looks Indian/ Eurasian serve me at the counter. Very nice and polite, his friend a Chinese officer (old timer too, prob. in the 40s) was also pretty nice. There was once this young Malay chap (CPL I think) gave me some trouble keep insisting my knife is above the 6inch "legal" limit but his senior waved him off.

Sorry to hear your experience man...

FWIW... I was expecting 2 knives today... Only one has arrived. Hope I don't need to make a trip to Paya Lebar this Saturday cos it's bloody far from my place. Hopefully it appears in my letter box tomorrow.

Accura69

Reaction score
The upper clip's not sharpened , ICA chaps there are clueless abt knife, so if your parcel kena lucky drawn by them, good luck. 2 years ago, my 3 inche blade CRKT folder also kena 'detained' by ICA ans sent to A&E. Never got the ICA guy name. Just bad luck lah, think they just follow SOP, sent to A&E and let the cops decide.

Anyway a few chaps were at A&E collecting swords and bigger knives than mine that day.

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
The upper clip's not sharpened , ICA chaps there are clueless abt knife, so if your parcel kena lucky drawn by them, good luck. 2 years ago, my 3 inche blade CRKT folder also kena 'detained' by ICA ans sent to A&E. Never got the ICA guy name. Just bad luck lah, think they just follow SOP, sent to A&E and let the cops decide.

Anyway a few chaps were at A&E collecting swords and bigger knives than mine that day.

Jaga backside mah... Can taichi they will push the responsibility to others.

Accura69

Reaction score
Let's see if my latest order - SOG trident tiger stripe folder will end up there or not...

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
Haven't taken any pics of my new knife yet but here's one I recently rediscovered a few days ago. It was gifted to me when I was in secondary school by my DnT class teacher. Always wondered where it was and I finally found it while packing my stuff before our big house moving day.

When I found it it was totally black with oxidation. Not surprising since it has been in the storeroom for the better part of 18years. I'm surprised it hasn't totally rusted away. 15mins later this is as much as I could clean up. Sharpened it on a 2 dollar double sided sharpening stone (from Daiso) under a running tap. Then on 1500grit silicon carbide paper I glued on a piece of glass, finished by stropping on Autosol over an old leather belt. Not pretty... But cuts paper like hot knife cuts through butter and I got the edge to a mirror polish... That and now the back of my left hand is totally devoid of hair as I kept checking if I have gotten it sharp enough. Managed to find some info online about the company that produced these... Marples, based in Sheffield, England. Now I have a new box cutter for moving day.

Not expensive nor pretty but it does bring back fond memories of my school days.

grenharware

Reaction score
Here's my answer to all posts....

Sng Arms is at army market, golden mile foodcourt upstairs. Yup ridiculous prices for knives you can easily get online.

Please don't tell the whole world how to bring knives into Singapore. That should be done privately in PM. We don't want to make it more difficult for the knife collectors here. There will be one day when people start mass importing knives and the rules will bend against our favour. Thanks a lot buddy! ;)

Well the people at the post office don't want to take risks. They would rather label a knife a dagger (even if it isn't) cause it might turn out to be one if deemed by A&E. I got quite irritated one time there because I KNOW that my knife wasn't even double edged - how to be dagger mah? :s13: Had to "explain" to them and even drew my finger across the top for them to see. :D

Accura - nice Ka-Bar! :eek: Need to go through a lot of trouble you see.

Doubleagent - I use "Tuf-glide" or "Marine tuf cloth" to wipe my knives down. See it here: http://www.sentrysolutions.com/

Lonerider - The knife has a "false edge" I believe, which is a upper part that looks sharpened but is not. This aids penetration.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a few in my humble pile including some customs but my faves are the Al Mar 2k sere (Valloton :)) and the Microtech LCC. The sere 2k is 154cm and the LCC's s30v (also d/a :s16:). Just love to open them while watching tv ;)

Lonerider

Reaction score
I have a few in my humble pile including some customs but my faves are the Al Mar 2k sere (Valloton :)) and the Microtech LCC. The sere 2k is 154cm and the LCC's s30v (also d/a :s16:). Just love to open them while watching tv ;)

Lets see some pics bro... Especially that Microtech. Doubt many in Singapore have one.

i_got_a_question_to_ask

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my new knives have arrived. :) :)
when i good mood then i post pictures. the sneaky postman dumped the whole box in my letterbox. no wonder i waited so long, he never press my doorbell. waste my time staying at home.

hey guys. what type of oil to u use to maintain the knife?
DoubleAgent. i use baby oil. 125ml for $4. it's mineral oil + fragrance. i want to find 100% mineral oil but cannot find.

lonerider, can you don't post picture thumbnails. haha. gotta click to enlarge to see full size. i'm lazy you see. try www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com. just sayin'

this thread is making me broke. i already planning my next shipment...

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
my new knives have arrived. :) :)
when i good mood then i post pictures. the sneaky postman dumped the whole box in my letterbox. no wonder i waited so long, he never press my doorbell. waste my time staying at home.

i use baby oil. 125ml for $4. it's mineral oil + fragrance. i want to find 100% mineral oil but cannot find.

lonerider, can you don't post picture thumbnails. haha. gotta click to enlarge to see full size. i'm lazy you see. try www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com. just sayin'

It's dumped in the mailbox cos it's shipped USPS 1st class w/ no confirmation. I prefer it this way actually. No need to make a trip to the post office as most times I'm not at home to welcome the package.

Mineral oil is very popular with a lot of knife collectors and yes baby oil has a nice and pleasant smell, definitely an advantage. Only con I can think of is that it does dry up pretty fast. Make sure you wipe your blades down first and remove any prints or moisture. I sometimes use denatured alcohol prior to oiling. Any moisture trapped under the oil film, can lead to corrosion. For long term storage try to find renaissance wax. Bit pricy but that's the stuff museums use to coat their collection. I use a Thirsty Hippo in my storage box to make sure surface humidity is at a minimum. However be careful using this and other dehumidifiers if you have knives with horn (stag, buffalo etc.), unstabilised wood or leather. Too dry an environment will lead to them cracking. I had a Case folder with stag scales crack on me. Lesson learnt.

Sorry ah... Not very computer savvy... Only learnt to use a PC when I was in poly and last few years I haven't been using it much in my old job. Heck... I just got on facebook last week and still have no idea what to do with it, seems very complicated. Still, no problem... Never too late to learn and try new things. Future pics will be on a different host.

Still no sign of my Snody BM H&K... If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow it means a trip to Paya Lebar on Sat. Think he labelled it "tactical zombie killer knife" instead of utillity knife as I requested. This hobby won't make you broke if you practice self control... Too bad I don't have much self control. I've a Kershaw JYDII Composite blade on the way. Promised myself it'll be my last until I've gotten rid of some of my cheaper folders.

See you Thurs... Don't forget the Pika! You let me fondle yours and I'll let you fondle mine. LOL :s13:

Lonerider

Reaction score
This is the latest addition to my collection. Another custom folder but this time in carbon fibre and silver twill G10 scales. Blade is in CPM154 (not 154CM). Overall I'm very pleased with it. Lighter than the first folder he made me but still flips open nicely. Some other changes were the blade shape and grindlines; this has a higher grind and a much thicker and stronger tip. As this was a second project I actually got a pretty good price for this.

Enjoy the pics... More pics to follow in the next few days.

Customfolder2JTClark-12.jpg

Customfolder2JTClark-13.jpg

Customfolder2JTClark-2.jpg

Customfolder2JTClark-3.jpg

Customfolder2JTClark-5.jpg

Customfolder2JTClark-7.jpg

Lonerider

Reaction score
Mineral Oil

For those looking for mineral oil do note that you can get a bottle of the stuff for SGD6 at Ikea, kitchen cutlery section. This is the one without additive. Mineral oil as previously mentioned is non-toxic and in this case it is for coating wooden chopping blocks.

Just got the letter from SingPost. It's confirmed, my BM Snody Axis H&K have been detained. Gonna collect it at Paya Lebar tomorrow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.